IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 *wife arrested* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ex-cop accused of threatening Gliniewicz investigators pleads not guilty

attachment.php

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20151112/news/151119655/

Rather than prosecute this guy, they should sit him down and pick his brain about what he knew and when he knew it. He may have a goldmine of information about Gliniewicz and his enablers. There's a backstory here of some kind, there's bound to be a reason why this guy blew a cork the way he did.

I totally agree!

Ex-cop accused of threatening Gliniewicz investigators pleads not guiltyView attachment 84230http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20151112/news/151119655/Rather than prosecute this guy, they should sit him down and pick his brain about what he knew and when he knew it. He may have a goldmine of information about Gliniewicz and his enablers. There's a backstory here of some kind, there's bound to be a reason why this guy blew a cork the way he did.
I don't think he has any inside information. I think he just looked at the obvious, no evidence existed to support CG's bs radio call about following anyone.

ABC 7 repoered earlier this evening that first responders had reason to believe this was a suicide. I can't search for any links right now because I'm on the ds, but it is making me think there will be more uncovering of bs which was fed to the public.

attachment.php

I can't remember where I got this picture of the manhunt. But many copies were on the Internet.

Anyway, it has always bothered me. Look at the faces. They are seriously focusing on something. If you enlarge it, you can see something at the middle bottom of the picture, by the foliage. Can anyone tell what it is?

Attachments

• manhunt 16.jpg
    manhunt 16.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 295
attachment.php

This is a close-up of the area on the ground. It looks like something is lying there.

Attachments

• manhunt 17.JPG
    manhunt 17.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 249
[/IMG]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=84233&stc=1[/IMG]

I can't remember where I got this picture of the manhunt. But many copies were on the Internet.

Anyway, it has always bothered me. Look at the faces. They are seriously focusing on something. If you enlarge it, you can see something at the middle bottom of the picture, by the foliage. Can anyone tell what it is?

[/IMG]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=84235&stc=1[/IMG]

This is a close-up of the area on the ground. It looks like something is lying there.

The 2nd photos does not seem it came from the 1st photo. 1st photo is cropped above their pants.

2nd photo is lower, do you have the original of the 2nd photo? Anyways in the 2nd photo I see a pant pocket, and the left side can't tell what it might be. Could be a large rock, a greenish/grey uniform.

EDIT: Found it myself. Was hoping for a larger/better version.

contentidb19ba2bc6e1cd127800f6a7067009499fmtjpgrolepreviewreldt2015-09-02t015818mediaphotorecordid79d3f6e116af4f14a7a8e0196d295399cloudfrontavailablefalseakamaiavailabletrueitemid79.jpg

EDIT #2 Found the larger version. Too large to post. 6240x3081
https://s3.amazonaws.com/wp-ag/wp-content/uploads/sites/71/2015/09/FOXLAKEMANHUNT.jpg

Even with that large picture still no clue.....

Annoying not to know what it is they are looking at. My copy came from The Elkhart Truth.

What is showing isn't very big. Maybe two inches?

I think they have the look of people who are looking at maps.

The incident report linked in the ABC link I posted above indicates two responding LEO'S were on the scene and on opposite sides of the 'field' when they heard the fatal gunshit fired by CG. The incident report describes CG as having basically being surrounded by the responding officers, none of the responding officers saw the alleged 3 suspicious persons.

Someone else, an expert being interviewed on the 10pm news indicated the government could have some liability for allowing the people of Fox Lake to belive there were 3 suspicious persons on the loose. At least that is what I recall him saying.

I think they have the look of people who are looking at maps.

Search maps/grid is what I was thinking. They are interested and focused, but not frantic. They appear to be paying attention to maybe the guy in the ballcap with the rifles emblem, with their focus in front of him, to the right of what you can see near the foliage. Other than the guy in yellow, most of them have DesPlaines Tactical Response patches, so appear to be from the same unit (DesPlaines is another Chicago suburb maybe 45 min SE of Fox Lake). Interesting group, as there were so many agencies involved in the manhunt that day. Knowing generally where JG's body was found, this does not match a body examination. It is in the open and there are vehicles present. As an educated local's guess, I'd say this was taken in the staging area around the frontage road of Rt. 12 and Sayton Rd. Do we have any confiming details on when and where this was taken?

The 2nd photos does not seem it came from the 1st photo. 1st photo is cropped above their pants.

2nd photo is lower, do you have the original of the 2nd photo? Anyways in the 2nd photo I see a pant pocket, and the left side can't tell what it might be. Could be a large rock, a greenish/grey uniform.

EDIT: Found it myself. Was hoping for a larger/better version.

contentidb19ba2bc6e1cd127800f6a7067009499fmtjpgrolepreviewreldt2015-09-02t015818mediaphotorecordid79d3f6e116af4f14a7a8e0196d295399cloudfrontavailablefalseakamaiavailabletrueitemid79.jpg

EDIT #2 Found the larger version. Too large to post. 6240x3081
https://s3.amazonaws.com/wp-ag/wp-content/uploads/sites/71/2015/09/FOXLAKEMANHUNT.jpg

Even with that large picture still no clue.....

Several of the guys' arm patches say Des Plaines Tactical.

I don't know when or where it was taken, but it seems like it would be the first day of the manhunt. Yes, you're right. They are on grass and not in scrubby grass or marsh.

By the way, do you know exactly where his body was found? I heard the address was 128 Honing, but further into the wooded area from the gravel road. Can you pinpoint it for us on a Google map?

If the first responders heard the first shot, and didn't find the body right away, he had to be in a ways. And the coroner did say, I believe, that it would have taken him a minute or two to die.

The incident report describes CG being found in tall grass. If he was on his knees in tall grass, which is what I believe happened, that would explain why it took a little bit to find him.

What I did notice about this redacted incident report was that on the first day, the shooting was labeled QUASI-criminal. Isn't that a red flag that things didn't seem right from the beginning?

Also interesting was the report about the man who said his life had been threatened because of things he knew.

I don't know when or where it was taken, but it seems like it would be the first day of the manhunt. Yes, you're right. They are on grass and not in scrubby grass or marsh.

By the way, do you know exactly where his body was found? I heard the address was 128 Honing, but further into the wooded area from the gravel road. Can you pinpoint it for us on a Google map?

If the first responders heard the first shot, and didn't find the body right away, he had to be in a ways. And the coroner did say, I believe, that it would have taken him a minute or two to die.
Somebody here worked up a pretty well thought through map of where he likely was found in one of the prior threads. It was just south of the gravel/Honing Rd., near the curve to the west of the cement plant. Reading through the FOIA'd incident report in combination with the WS map, the 2 R/Os had to have only been several hundred yards at most from the location when that shot happened. Wow. While close, it is very reasonable that it took some time to find his body in the swampy/woodsy terrain there. They were also initially under the impression there were 3 suspects fleeing the area (at least until they discovered the body), so may have been focusing on that vs. looking for an office down.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MandyLynn1109
Back