IL IL - Mark Collman, 21, Kendall County, 3 April 1979

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is it possible Mark ran away and joined the military?
I stumbled upon this UID, NamUs UP # 2197, found in NC Feb. 1984, which is believed to be a suicide. NamUs doesn't list everything the news article I found does. It mentions a place mat that has what appears to be the UID's job history written on the back, and it includes going to school in Streamside, IL which is close to Yorkville, busing tables in TN and a possible military enlistment. He was found with an ID that belonged to someone in FL who claimed he lost his wallet. Being AWOL from the military might explain using the fake ID and hiding out. There was also a bible found with him that was inscribed from Rev RE Sounders, but I found a Rev RE Saunders at a church in Chicago, another Illinois connection. The only I thing I found that doesn't match is that NamUs lists the age of this young man as 15-20, but it may still be worth submitting. Even if it isn't Mark, there must be another MP in his area that needs his name back.
http://www.wbtv.com/story/27478031/unknown-boy-remains-unidentified-30-years-later

Dental information is available for both in NamUs. Does this mean their charts were automatically compared and Mark is an automatic rule out for this?

I never turned it in. The postmortem interval on the u I'd is 3 weeks and the age range is 15-20. Mark was 26 or so when the uid was found. I can't see a 25 or 26 yr old man posing as a teenager and living in a tent. Especially one that had previous skills from the place of employment mentioned in his Charley Project profile. I think Mark can probably be ruled out based on not fitting the age range of the uid.

Turns out up #2197 was recently identified as James Allen Reymer. I don't believe he was reported missing.
From the help ID me FB page, run by NCMEC:
The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office and North Carolina Office of the Chief Medical Examiner has announced the identification of the John Doe found in Glenville in 1984 as missing 16-year-old James “Jimmy” Allen Reymer.
Evidence suggested the John Doe may have had ties to Streamwood, Illinois and Memphis, Tennessee. In 2015, NCMEC featured the boy’s facial reconstruction on its social media platforms and pushed information out to media outlets in those two areas.
A classmate of Jimmy Reymer saw the #NCMEC facial reconstruction featured in the Daily Herald (here: https://goo.gl/mUWfpx) and recognized him instantly. The classmate contacted NCMEC and reported the tip.
Jimmy went missing from #Memphis, Tennessee in June of 1983 and was never heard from again. Jimmy was living with a family friend in Memphis at the time he disappeared but was originally from #Streamwood, Illinois.
Over the next two years NCMEC staff and authorities with Memphis PD, Streamwood PD, and Jackson County Sheriff’s Office thoroughly followed up on the tip. A combination of the information developed and forensic evaluations provided strong evidence for North Carolina authorities to make the identification with support of Jimmy’s family.
While many agencies helped resolve this lead, we are extremely thankful of the classmate that made that initial tip that helped find a 16-year-old that had been missing for 33 years.

It appears DNA has been updated at NamUs to sample available, not yet submitted. It occurred to me to check the DNA status after reading a 911 victim was just recently identified and the family requested the victims name not be released.

Between the recent 911 victim being id'd and the recent Gacy victim being id'd it's good to see DNA is finally available for Mark. Hopefully it will be submitted soon (and is not mistakenly listed as available when it is not).

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12546/122

I want Mark to be alive and well somewhere, but if he isn't I'd hate for him to remain unidentified somewhere.

It appears DNA has been updated at NamUs to sample available, not yet submitted. It occurred to me to check the DNA status after reading a 911 victim was just recently identified and the family requested the victims name not be released.

Between the recent 911 victim being id'd and the recent Gacy victim being id'd it's good to see DNA is finally available for Mark. Hopefully it will be submitted soon (and is not mistakenly listed as available when it is not).

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12546/122

I want Mark to be alive and well somewhere, but if he isn't I'd hate for him to remain unidentified somewhere.

Thank you for the update. I hope for the same.

Did anyone ever find out what kind of car Mark had? I saw this article of remains found in a car that had been submerged in a pond off of I-75 in Michigan. The car is suspected to be a 1973 Buick Electra.

http://www.abc12.com/content/news/Body-found-in-car-submerged-in-pond-near-I-75-440581633.html

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2017/08/what_we_know_so_far_about_huma.html

There are no cases in NAMUS of MP's that are tied to a 73 Electra. Hopefully a family will get some much needed closure.

Interestingly the article mentions an older license plate. I really wish we knew *if* a vehicle was missing with Mark. I wish his siblings would chime in and provide additional information regarding the car and other questions we might have.

Interestingly the article mentions an older license plate. I really wish we knew *if* a vehicle was missing with Mark. I wish his siblings would chime in and provide additional information regarding the car and other questions we might have.

I skimmed through a few older articles but couldn't tell if he left with a vehicle that was never found, too. Usually they mention it when that's the case, like on Charley.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971
Back