GUILTY IL - Melissa Best, 37, Round Lake Park, 15 April 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have a bad feeling about this... Can't stay around for the presser, but I know one of you good people will be taking notes, so thank you in advance. :blowkiss:

I hope for the best ending - maybe she just got tired of "normal" arguments that somehow requIred police involvement. I hope she's off somewhere having a good time, or enjoying some peace and quiet, and gets in touch with her kids, at least, soon.

Interesting case. Though the husband was 72, and I feel was much more inclined to fall asleep than the strapping husband of Melissa Best (JMHO).

On March 10, John Meyer reported the disappearance of his wife, Sandra Meyer, at around 8 a.m. Sandra Meyer, 71, had reportedly left their home the night before to go to a book club meeting at a downtown Bend bar. She did not make it to the meeting, and her vehicle was located in the parking lot of the movie theater in the Old Mill District.

THEN,

A few days later the husband of a woman missing for the last week has been found dead of a gunshot wound at his home in Bend.

THEN,

The discovery of the body of a 72-year-old central Oregon woman in her backyard after she went missing for more than a month has shown investigators why past searches failed — the body was submerged in water in an underground utility box.

Police say they now believe John Meyer was responsible for his wife’s death.

I sure hope the outcome in this case is different!

Mel

http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation...rged-in-water-in-underground-utility-box.html

Yes, that is what I was implying by "fell asleep". John Meyer wasn't sleeping he was cleaning up the murder scene. That's why it is odd to read a spouse falling asleep and not being worried that their spouse isn't home. It just feels hinky.

Oh no. :(

I'm glad though, for her childrens' sake, that the search did not have to go on any longer. I can't imagine having to wait and wonder where your mother is. Poor things.

RIP Melissa.

I can't believe she was in her van for 11 days in an apt. complex parking lot and not ONE person noticed?

Possible murder investigation per presser.

6:50 p.m., they located the van. Found the remains inside the van. Extremely long and intense investigation with little or no info as to her whereabouts. Again, they were hoping for the best, but unfortunately

Identity confirmed and notified the family last night. Her husband Clinton is devastated.

autopsy scheduled wed at 1:30. We do have evidence at this point that drugs and alcohol were involved.

She died in wakegan and was driven to a location in Grayslake. Based on interviews and info.

very baffling from the get-go. Facebook was extremely helpful in this case.

Suspecting foul play? WAiting for teh autopsy.

Did she OD with friends? WAit for tox.

Strangled? No.

Random location Grayspoint Studios route 120 and 45.

How long was the vehicle there? Based on coroner - April 15 is the day she died.

What happened after she dropped off her daughter? She drove to a certain location and at that point something went wrong. She voluntarily drove to that location.

The FB page led to people calling the police. It was quite helpful.

New statute on the books about concealing a death. There will be charges.

Van was driven the same day she died to the location. There is a history with alcohol, but not sure about drugs. Tests were positive for opiates.

She was in the back seat laying down. The van has been processed.

Gathered a substantial amt. of evidence. They have the van on site. Inviting press to take pictures of it.

Can't comment on whether there was one or more people involved.

Rape protocol will be conducted at the coroner's office. Large apt. complex - he can't answer why people didn't notice or check it.

Does husband know the people in Wakegan? He won't comment.

Clinton was completely devastated. He spoke to Mr. Best again this morning.

It was someone she knew (who drove her deceased body in the van).

Accidental death? Can't comment.

Heroin? Can't comment - wait for tox report.

Thank you - I hadn't heard she was found in the back seat - very odd. She went there willingly? You know it makes sense if she was unloading groceries, but really needed a "fix" and took her daughter to the apartments, then to the location where she ultimately passed. BUT, if she did drugs, there would have been residue, ie, some sort of pill bottle, needle, track marks, etc.

I'm sorry I thought about the husband, but I still can't rule him out since LE said it was someone she knew who drove her body in the van. How many SAHM's know folks like that. I guess I'm in the minority.

Blessings to the family, and I hope we have the answers soon.

Mel

surfie, thank you for transcribing

rest in peace Melissa... gone way too soon ;-(

Yes, that is what I was implying by "fell asleep". John Meyer wasn't sleeping he was cleaning up the murder scene. That's why it is odd to read a spouse falling asleep and not being worried that their spouse isn't home. It just feels hinky.

Or he was in the van with her? Pure speculation, with no proof. It wouldn't come as a suprise to find his DNA all over that van - so that will be difficult to prove. I can only pray there are more cameras in the area that will show who drove the van to the parking lot.

MOO

Mel

Or he was in the van with her? Pure speculation, with no proof. It wouldn't come as a suprise to find his DNA all over that van - so that will be difficult to prove. I can only pray there are more cameras in the area that will show who drove the van to the parking lot.

MOO

Mel

If I understood correctly LE already know who drove the van and her body to the parking lot.

Thank you - I hadn't heard she was found in the back seat - very odd. She went there willingly? You know it makes sense if she was unloading groceries, but really needed a "fix" and took her daughter to the apartments, then to the location where she ultimately passed. BUT, if she did drugs, there would have been residue, ie, some sort of pill bottle, needle, track marks, etc.

There *might* be pill residue on her hands, but if you're buying opiates (Vicodin, Oxy, Morphine, etc) illegally, the chances that you are buying them in a pill bottle or other identifiable packaging are very slim. Lots of mothers using and abusing opiates and benzos out there. JMHO ~ doesn't mean she was, just that they're very easy to get and if you have a steady cash flow, it's definitely a possibility to buy them illegally.

Just want to mention that Vicodin and Percocet aren't coated at all, but are more likely to leave skin residue than something like Oxy or morphine.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsjesse
Back