IL IL - Molly Young, 21, Carbondale, 24 March 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
An expert criminologist should easily be able to determine the angle at which Molly or someone else held the gun to inflict the wound. Has any such expert been consulted, and if not, why not?

:twocents: IMHO, a right-handed person intent on suicide would normally hold the gun with the right hand and point it at the right temple.

The boyfriend must've been on drugs himself if he couldn't tell the difference between a drug overdose death and a self-inflicted gunshot wound death. A head wound would normally result in quite a bit of bleeding. (Sorry to be so graphic.) Oh, and then there's the noise.

I haven't read enough to draw any firm conclusions other than this: The investigation to this point has been inadequate and riddled with errors. :moo:

Ah... I see. I just read quite a bit of the coroner's report. :doh:

Adding link to coroner's report:
http://www.jacksoncounty-il.gov/images/coroner/Molly_Young_Inquest.pdf

"And also Captain Rice had spoken to her previously also, and she stated that based on the results she got from the gunshot residue testing, she was not able to definitively say who fired the gun." :doh:

Can you believe this? If Molly fired the gun, wouldn't there be gunshot residue on HER hand?

Ah... I see. I just read quite a bit of the coroner's report. :doh:

Adding link to coroner's report:
http://www.jacksoncounty-il.gov/images/coroner/Molly_Young_Inquest.pdf

"And also Captain Rice had spoken to her previously also, and she stated that based on the results she got from the gunshot residue testing, she was not able to definitively say who fired the gun." :doh:

Can you believe this? If Molly fired the gun, wouldn't there be gunshot residue on HER hand?

Not always.

Breaking Bad. Enormously popular show right now.

Second season, guy wakes up in bed with his girlfriend, who had overdosed and died while they were high. Wonder if the boyfriend is a fan of the show.

The character in Breaking Bad died while choking on her vomit while laying on her back, not from ODing. I don't see any remote similarities between the show and Molly's story.

Has it been revealed if the roommate had an alibi during the estimated timeframe in which it is believed Molly died? If he does have an alibi, I think that WS posters should discontinue accusing him of involvement in Molly's death.

Has it been revealed if the roommate had an alibi during the estimated timeframe in which it is believed Molly died? If he does have an alibi, I think that WS posters should discontinue accusing him of involvement in Molly's death.

As a matter of fact, I don't believe the roomate does have a solid alibi iirc, and IMHO, if he was in the apartment when any of this happened, he had to have heard the gunshot and would at the very least be involved in covering for the boyfriend.

For those who haven't seen this report aired in August of 2013, please read the unedited transcript and view the video in the link below. It explains a lot! Does anyone believe O'Guinn doesn't know if officers were at the scene at around 7:00 AM? Have these witnesses been interviewed by anyone yet? Has O'Guinn had an internal investigation? These are just a few of the questions we would like him to answer
truthfully!

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/23229342/i-team-reports-on-the-molly-young-death-investigation

Join Justice for Molly on Facebook 25,000 members strong or go to www.justiceformolly.org for more information! Thanks for any help you can give.

Welcome to the boards llylgy.

Sure sounds like there are a lot of conflicting stories going on there, but that many people stating that officers were on the scene BEFORE the 911 call was made is very troubling. One has to think there is some coverup going on.

I hope more information comes to light so they can find out the truth.

~TCO~

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20141120/news/141129822/

A special prosecutor says there's not enough evidence to pursue charges in the case of a 21-year-old southern Illinois woman whose body was found in 2012 in the apartment of a police dispatcher she'd dated.

The Illinois special prosecutor's office says in a report released Wednesday the case involving Molly Young will remain open, and that that office empathizes with the Marion woman's family.

I live in the city this happened in. It has been a mess since the day Molly died. There was an article today in our paper, The Southern Illinoisan about no charges being filed. There are so many red flags in this case, I agree with Molly's Dad, Larry, about the blood splatter, law enforcement should easily be able to figure that out. Here is a portion of the article:

"The report said it can’t be determined how the “50 individual drops” of blood on Minton’s pajama pants got there.

Crime Scene Investigator DeWayne Morris concluded it could not be determined whether the blood was “spattered,” which would indicate Minton had fired the shot or if it was “transferred,” demonstrating Young’s blood got on Minton’s pajamas while he tried to resuscitate her.

Larry Young said it's obvious the blood was spattered on the pajamas and not transferred.

"They're (blood drops) 1 millimeter in diameter -- some of them -- and one millimeter is 400th of an inch," Larry Young said. "You can't tell me they're not that stupid to know that's blood spatter."

"while he tried to resuscitate her", she has supposedly been dead about 3 to 4 hours at that point, there is no way I believe he was trying to do CPR on her. I love how he has tried to explain the scratches on his back as possibly happening as he was trying to do CPR on a dead body.

You can read the entire article here.

This is not right, justice is not being served in our city. This is the second botched death investigation in two years, the other being Pravin Varughese. Both families are pursuing civil suits against the city and the police department.

Please don't bother answering this post because I still need to read through this thread, but was so shocked I had to sort of vent, I guess.

I haven't read the posts here yet. I came here saw who she was and went to get some info. I had to come and immediately express my OUTRAGE at the way this was handled. Not the least of which is letting someone who would most certainly be a prime POI [I'm screaming *obvious suspects person in bed with victim and any HOUSEMATE*] 1) go alone ANYWHERE let alone to a washroom 2) change clothing 3) WASH HIS HANDS.

O M G Where on earth did common sense go? Jeezopeez this is sickening.

Note to self: housemate. moo

I'll be back, I'm sure.

wow. just learning more info it's unbelievable that p

================
These are my opinions and I won't charge anyone for giving my opinion because they seem to multiply as I age. :/

I'm so sorry, I meant POA as in person of interest, but I guess in my lifetime I've written PIA so often my fingers were on autopilot.

There's no option on that post for me either to EDIT or DELETE. :/

Oh, my.

Please don't bother answering this post because I still need to read through this thread, but was so shocked I had to sort of vent, I guess.

I haven't read the posts here yet. I came here saw who she was and went to get some info. I had to come and immediately express my OUTRAGE at the way this was handled. Not the least of which is letting someone who would most certainly be a prime POI [I'm screaming *obvious suspects person in bed with victim and any HOUSEMATE*] 1) go alone ANYWHERE let alone to a washroom 2) change clothing 3) WASH HIS HANDS.

O M G Where on earth did common sense go? Jeezopeez this is sickening.

Note to self: housemate. moo

I'll be back, I'm sure.

wow. just learning more info it's unbelievable that p

================
These are my opinions and I won't charge anyone for giving my opinion because they seem to multiply as I age. :/

FWIW I totally agree with your opinions.

Here's what I don't get. I read the first post and the last post and won't waste my time reading the middle ones. The guy was a police dispatcher. His buddies cover for him. Illinois is one state known for corruption. It may not be as bad as Alaska or Louisiana but a cop doesn't go to jail in Illinois unless there is a lot of publicity and action is forced.

My advice. Make an explicit website. "An employee of such and such police department appears to have been involved in a crime. We are encouraging an investigation. If you know a little about google ads you can make the issue very well known in the state for about $10 a day.

Here is a story from today http://news.yahoo.com/video-exonerates-man-set-louisiana-cops-prosecutors-video-202632601.html

Families seek answers after 2 student deaths in Carbondale
Last updated: March 14. 2015 3:46PM
ALAN SCHER ZAGIER Associated Press

Snipped:

Young’s ex-boyfriend, Richie Minton, told Carbondale Police Department colleagues in a 911 call that his ex-girlfriend had suffered a drug overdose. Soon after, the investigation was handed off to the Illinois State Police because Minton was a police employee. He has since left the department.

Minton, who has denied wrongdoing and whose attorney didn’t return a message requesting comment, told investigators he didn’t initially hear the gunshot because he had passed out drunk. He also attributed two long scratches on his side to Young grabbing him while he performed CPR.

A January 2013 coroner’s inquest was unable to determine a cause of death. The state prosecutor’s report, issued in October, was also inconclusive. It cited a series of suicidal text messages sent from Young’s phone to Minton and others the night she died, as well as handwritten suicide notes found at the home she shared with her grandmother.

http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/ne...-answers-after-2-student-deaths-in-Carbondale

Families seek answers after 2 student deaths in Carbondale
Last updated: March 14. 2015 3:46PM
ALAN SCHER ZAGIER Associated Press

Snipped:

http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/ne...-answers-after-2-student-deaths-in-Carbondale

Of course the question is whether it was a real suicide or staged later to look like a suicide.

All of the detailed investigation is being done by people who may or may not have motive to skew things. A person would notice that the investigation was shifted from one department to another to avoid the appearance of conflicting interest. In a lot of places that is a bit like saying "You think it's unfair I hit you with my right hand? No problem. Here's a hit with my left hand".

At the end of the day you have to look at facts. But if someone is determined to see the investigators and the investigation as spotless then let's at least take a brief look at it. I clicked on the coroner's PDF link above. It reeks of theater. I'm not going to read it all, it's not Shakespeare. Here is one example. A crime scene investigator is asked a question. He responds "I was told that Minton had moved the body in an attempt to perform CPR." So he is referring to the suspect in a familiar way. They almost certainly know each other. The inquisitor then corrects him subtly "... namely Mr Minton's clothing."

Regardless which side you take, in order to arrive at the truth the first most important thing is going to be the actual facts that were not manipulatable.

The second thing is the context of the investigation. Is it rare for police to cover up crimes by their buddies? Or common? Or somewhere in between rare and common? Does that area and state historically have a staggering mind bending level of corruption in all sorts of official stuff?

In America talking about police corruption is sort of a game. A police officer can be caught in the most compromising situation and evidence disappears, news articles get amended or removed. A lot of people will step up to defend the police officer involved and slowly the incident disappears.

The death is very suspicious. The investigation is very suspicious. The evidence that cannot be manipulated post facto points in one direction. The evidence that could be manipulated points in another direction. The former class of evidence is quite compelling and scientific while the latter is circumstantial.

Is there any chance of a proper investigation? Very slim. Is there any law enforcement agency in America that can withstand pressure to fudge evidence? There is not. Look at the Trentadeu case. http://kennethtrentadue.com/

If the family wants to get an investigation their only hope is to force it through publicity. Make a website. Do some research on how to buy and target online ads efficiently. Buy per mil ads on sites that are trafficked by law enforcement types.

One more point to add. The young police dispatcher has a lot of signs of having been hired through good old fashioned American know-who. I'd research how he was hired and if he is related to some hotshot with pull.

If you read a bit of the material he probably would not be a first choice for that particular job unless he had some golden recommendation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LarryG
Back