IL/NY - Singer R. Kelly, multiple counts of Aggravated Sexual Assault, Feb 2019 *Guilty NY - appeal 2023* *charges dropped in IL*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CNN breaking news said he was acquitted. That is such bull****, but not unexpected given the victim and her family's lack of cooperation.

I agree. You can videotape yourself having sex with an underage girl and yet that is not enough proof? There was the whole question about the mole on his back, or lack of. Perhaps that seeded enough reasonable doubt in the jurors. This guy has gotten away with this behavior his entire adult life and keeps getting away with it.

What do you expect when the girl and her family deny it is her? :mad: Now someone will probably make money off of a book deal.

He can't be tried again for this one, right? Maybe they'll find something else on him.

This is an absolute OUTRAGE and so disgusting...one again a celeb gets off. There's NO doubt in my mind he did it.
I guess money really does talk. So sad.

Verdicts should not be based on how people THINK or what they FEEL. They should be based on the evidence. Any way you look at it, based on the evidence, this case was the thinnest of the thin. There was no victim, there was a video tape of such poor quality that, even the prosecution admitted that the DVD made from it and dissected during their case was not even an accurate copy. Add to that, prosecution witnesses who were basically scumbags and money grubbers, and defense witnesses who totally refuted them. It all adds up to a gigantic waste of taxpayer resources and time. And the county had six years to develop a case and they could only come up with this? The jury probably saw enough reasonable doubt to refill Lake Delton.

In this case, as a resident of Cook County, it's some of my tax dollars, and I'm really pissed that they were wasted on this fiasco. The Cook County State's Attorney's Office has a miserable track record of wrongful convictions, many leading to long prison terms or the death penalty, and many exonerated wrongfully convicted people, some of whom have been paid millions in resulting civil rights violation suits.

At first, I was pleased that State's Attorney Dick Devine was retiring this year. But we ended up with Assistant State's Attorney Anita Alvarez as the Democratic candidate to replace him. She has been part of that office for 22 years and IMHO a big part of the problem and not the solution. Her Republican opponent is County Comissioner Tony Peraica, who appears to be a good man who would rid the office of corruption. However, he has one flaw, and it's fatal as far as I'm concerned. He wants to lift the current moratorium on executions that has been in place in Illinois for 10 years because of terribly flawed capital punishment system in the state that is still horribly broken.

I think I'm going to find a good person whose name I can write in.

http://www.tmz.com/2008/06/13/r-kelly-jurors-no-doubt-its-him-on-the-tape/

Five of the twelve jurors met with reporters immediately after handing down the acquittal. They said they just couldn't reach a verdict even though they voted on the hour, every hour because the alleged victim hadn't testified and refused to cooperate. As recently as this morning, we're told, the vote was split nine to three for a not guilty verdict.
(more at link)

So the jurors had no doubt it was him on the tape but let him go anyway....Absolute travesty.

So the jurors had no doubt it was him on the tape but let him go anyway....Absolute travesty.

Yes, but the problem was that they had doubt the victim was the one on the tape with him.

Verdicts should not be based on how people THINK or what they FEEL. They should be based on the evidence. Any way you look at it, based on the evidence, this case was the thinnest of the thin. There was no victim, there was a video tape of such poor quality that, even the prosecution admitted that the DVD made from it and dissected during their case was not even an accurate copy. Add to that, prosecution witnesses who were basically scumbags and money grubbers, and defense witnesses who totally refuted them. It all adds up to a gigantic waste of taxpayer resources and time. And the county had six years to develop a case and they could only come up with this? The jury probably saw enough reasonable doubt to refill Lake Delton.

He met his first wife when she was just 12 and married her at just 15 years old (he was 27) working with her for her debut song "Age ain't nothing but a number".

I believe he bought off the victim and enough of her family members that he got away with his taste for young girls. IMO, he bought himself reasonable doubt.

I believe he bought off the victim and enough of her family members that he got away with his taste for young girls. IMO, he bought himself reasonable doubt.

GM, as you and I have discussed many times before, even if you are innocent in Illinois, you need a lot of money for a good attorney in order to be acquitted. We both know malicious prosecutions are rampant in this state, and we have both seen, read about, and commented on many of them.

As it was noted by some of the jurors, most of them had doubts that it was HER on the tape. One of them even said that the woman on the tape appeared to be "much more developed" than a 13 year old girl.

I stand by my statement - this case was a gigantic waste of time and some of my precious tax money. The time and money would have been much better spent on a legitimate prosecution of a real criminal. Although I wonder if the Cook County State's Attorney's office knows how to identify them anymore. A number of them work for the city of Chicago and Mayor Daley, so I guess prosecution of them is off limits and left to Patrick Fitzgerald.

I know GC, the corruption in Illinois courts is almost overwhelming.

It just breaks my heart though to see someone that I really do believe guilty of the crime of child molestation, skate ... just because he had the money to do so.

Just as there were many family members who denied it was her, there were just as many saying that it was in fact her, as well as a number of her girlfriends from jr. high school. I think he was real criminal, unfortunately, the prosecution wasn't able to convince a jury.

I know GC, the corruption in Illinois courts is almost overwhelming.

It just breaks my heart though to see someone that I really do believe guilty of the crime of child molestation, skate ... just because he had the money to do so.

Just as there were many family members who denied it was her, there were just as many saying that it was in fact her, as well as a number of her girlfriends from jr. high school. I think he was real criminal, unfortunately, the prosecution wasn't able to convince a jury.

Unlike Michael Cardamone in Joe Birkett's DuPage County fiefdom, at least Kelly got a fair trial, with the verdict based on the evidence - or, in this case, lack thereof. And the judge appeared to be fair and impartial, and not part of the prosecution team, like all of the DuPage County judges who came to the bench straight from Birkett's office.

There's got to be something positive in a fair trial. I've seen so few of them in Illinois lately.

My little brother, niece and my nephew went to school with this girl. They said that shortly affter this broke the girl showed up to school with a brand new PT Cruiser and a record contract. Then her family moved to Europe. I knew he would go free because the prosecution had no case. The alleged victim said it was not her and her parents said it was not her. The prosecution should have worked hard to try to prove that money had changed hands between Kelly and her

My little brother, niece and my nephew went to school with this girl. They said that shortly affter this broke the girl showed up to school with a brand new PT Cruiser and a record contract. Then her family moved to Europe. I knew he would go free because the prosecution had no case. The alleged victim said it was not her and her parents said it was not her. The prosecution should have worked hard to try to prove that money had changed hands between Kelly and her

The problem with that PC, is that the defense can just say .... well, he is the Godfather of the child, he's just taking care of his family.

If anybody has heard of the show The Boondocks I recommend watching the episode "The trail of R. Kelley". That episode is probably the funniest thing I've seen in years. You can probably find it on Youtube.

11 years since the last post here, and 15 years since the original post.

R Kelly charged with 10 counts of aggravated sexual abuse
FEBRUARY 22, 2019

“Kelly was charged a week after Michael Avenatti, the attorney whose clients have included *advertiser censored* star Stormy Daniels, said he recently gave Chicago prosecutors new video evidence of the singer having sex with an underage girl. It was not immediately clear if the charges were connected to that video.

In 2008, a jury acquitted Kelly of child *advertiser censored* charges over a graphic video that prosecutors said showed him having sex with a girl as young as 13. He and the young woman allegedly depicted with him denied they were in the 27-minute video, even though the picture quality was good and witnesses testified it was them, and she did not take the stand. Kelly could have gotten 15 years in prison.”

“Legally and professionally, the walls began closing in on Kelly more recently after the release of a BBC documentary about him last year and, last month, the multipart Lifetime documentary “Surviving R. Kelly.” Together they detailed allegations he was holding women against their will and running a “sex cult.”

After the latest documentary, Chicago’s top prosecutor, Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx, said she was “sickened” by the allegations and asked potential victims to come forward.

#MeToo activists and a social media movement using the hashtag #MuteRKelly called on streaming services to drop Kelly’s music and promoters not to book any more concerts. And protesters demonstrated outside Kelly’s Chicago studio.“
-much more at link

R Kelly charged with 10 counts of aggravated sexual abuse

So THIS is what that CPD Super was talking about yesterday at the Jussie PC?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alblake
Back