Found Deceased IL- Peter Salvino 25, Northwestern PhD Stu, msg frm 800 blk W Lill, left party 2400 blk N Geneva, FaceTime w/dad 12:15am, Chicago, 18 Dec 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In my opinion this seems like a serial killer targeting men. In no way do I think this is a random person casually approaching men and coaxing them to walk out of there way and just go jump in a lake.
I think (and do not freak out) that these men very well may have contacted another person via a hook up app like grinder, tinder, etc with the intention of meeting this person far from the public eye and things went sideways. I also think this victim, the young polish man Krzysztof Szubert, and the transgender activist, Elise Malary have a very strong chance of being related cases.

They all were found in the colder months when very few people, if anyone at all, is down near the lake at night. If you are walking home the lake is not a shortcut you just happen to take in the winter.
Unfortunately, a combination of alcohol (unconfirmed but likely at a party) and incredibly cold temperatures (wind chills that night were low single digits) often result in a person acting in a manner other than normal, if near a body of water, it's easy to end up in the water in the dark. Drowsiness, lack of coordination/clumsiness/ and confusion, or memory loss are signs of hypothermia, even without alcohol being factored in. With water all around many parts of Chicago, it's understandable and a tragic accident in my opinion, NOT a serial killer. My condolences to his family and to his girlfriend.

I don’t live in Chicago but I’ve read numerous accounts about the similarities in the men who have gone missing and the circumstances. It has happened in other areas, too, all very similar. At least from what I’ve read, it doesn’t appear these disappearances and deaths are being investigated as suspicious, despite their commonalities.
This was going on in the Midwest ten years ago with suspicious deaths of college men.

It was attributed to a serial killer, or group of serial killers dubbed the Smiley Face Killers.

Could this group still be active and uncaught?

This was going on in the Midwest ten years ago with suspicious deaths of college men.

It was attributed to a serial killer, or group of serial killers dubbed the Smiley Face Killers.

Could this group still be active and uncaught?
That was many of the discussions I read too, about the Smiley Face Killer(s)
I haven’t read that anyone has been caught that was believed to be this person or part of this group

Unfortunately, a combination of alcohol (unconfirmed but likely at a party) and incredibly cold temperatures (wind chills that night were low single digits) often result in a person acting in a manner other than normal, if near a body of water, it's easy to end up in the water in the dark. Drowsiness, lack of coordination/clumsiness/ and confusion, or memory loss are signs of hypothermia, even without alcohol being factored in. With water all around many parts of Chicago, it's understandable and a tragic accident in my opinion, NOT a serial killer. My condolences to his family and to his girlfriend.

You must not live here. Otherwise you would understand that where he was seen and where he told his father he was going was in the opposite direction of the lake. There are parks, parking lots, sand, the zoo etc BEFORE you even get to the lake access. And not to mention there is LSD a major highway running parrell to most of the lake. Someone who is blind drunk has a better chance of being flattened by a car before they made it to the lake and drowned.

Even our news stations are now reporting both cases could be related. The first case in Dec, the victim had a laceration on his head, authorities have not deemed it a drowning they’re calling it a death investigation.

pThis was going on in the Midwest ten years ago with suspicious deaths of college men.

Could this group still be active and
Not sure but the city now has so many cameras everywhere that one would think something would show up from the night the first Dec victim disappeared.

You must not live here. Otherwise you would understand that where he was seen and where he told his father he was going was in the opposite direction of the lake. There are parks, parking lots, sand, the zoo etc BEFORE you even get to the lake access. And not to mention there is LSD a major highway running parrell to most of the lake. Someone who is blind drunk has a better chance of being flattened by a car before they made it to the lake and drowned.

Even our news stations are now reporting both cases could be related. The first case in Dec, the victim had a laceration on his head, authorities have not deemed it a drowning they’re calling it a death investigation.

And yet many people do still choose to make running right next to the lake part of the daily and/or nightly rituals, and people do choose - for whatever reason - to take the path rather than the other safer ones. In fact, last winter the Chicago police had to put out a release kindly asking local college students to please not walk on Lake Michigan's frozen ice for fun and laughs. Might seem like common sense, but college kids like to do random dangerous stuff for...the thrill? Bragging rights? Who knows. At least some of them were posting their ice-walking-on-lake-michigan videos on popular social media. You can even seen with a quick internet search reviews for things a tourist should do in Chicago in the winter and the first things that come up will be to walk the lakefront trail despite the snow, ice, and cold. It's not some barren wasteland for 6 months out of the year.

Did you watch the Oxygen show about it? The two retired detectives didn't think it was debunked. Retired Detectives on that show and another major network show didn't think it was debunked.

Watch these two videos

Former NYPD Detectives discuss smiley face killers

Last edited:
I don't think it's suspicious. It's a large lake, and many people underestimate how ferocious and unforgiving it can be.
It's not the lake size or city size that's suspicious. It's the same type victim, you know this if you've read about it.

The article said he was on video at 11:43 pm at the intersection of Clark St and Fullerton Ave. That is the opposite direction of his apartment. He FaceTimed someone 15 minutes later to tell them he was walking to his apartment...but he wasn't. He was headed toward the water, and for whatever reason he didn't tell his friend that. He may have been very intoxicated and figured he'd walk it off for a while?
RIP Peter.

It's not the lake size or city size that's suspicious. It's the same type victim, you know this if you've read about it.
I'm from the Chicago area, I don't think we have a serial killer here (or at least, not for these deaths). Young men getting drunk, going to pee by a body of water, stumbling in and drowning is a phenomenon all across the country. Young students tend to 1) live and congregate near the lake, because many college campuses aren't too far from the lake, and lots of recreational activities around the lake naturally; and 2) tend to get drunk more often (ah, youth). Also the video points to Daniel Sotelo but his girlfriend also drowned (likely suicide pact in that case unfortunately, you can find it here on websleuths). Many places along the shore where its super easy to fall in and why during certain weather they advise people from even walking along these paths entirely, lest the waves sweep you up.

1680545189483.png

I'm from the Chicago area, I don't think we have a serial killer here (or at least, not for these deaths). Young men getting drunk, going to pee by a body of water, stumbling in and drowning is a phenomenon all across the country. Young students tend to 1) live and congregate near the lake, because many college campuses aren't too far from the lake, and lots of recreational activities around the lake naturally; and 2) tend to get drunk more often (ah, youth). Also the video points to Daniel Sotelo but his girlfriend also drowned (likely suicide pact in that case unfortunately, you can find it here on websleuths). Many places along the shore where its super easy to fall in and why during certain weather they advise people from even walking along these paths entirely, lest the waves sweep you up.

View attachment 412742
You'd think women would be part of the list here if it's what you're saying but they're not. There could be instances of what you're saying. Have you read up on the ones who have died?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back