GUILTY IL - Rebecca Bliefnick, 41, mom of 3, fatally shot, Quincy, Feb 2023 *estranged “Family Feud” husband charged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Man on trial for wife's murder after joking about regretting marriage

QUINCY, Ill. -- A "Family Feud" contestant who joked on national television that getting married was a mistake is now on trial accused of killing his estranged wife.

"What's the biggest mistake you made at your wedding?" asked host Steve Harvey.

"Honey, I love you, but said 'I do.' Not my mistake -- I love my wife," Tim Bliefnick responded.

Authorities say Bliefnick killed his wife, Becky, in February.

"His phone shows searches for the following: 'How to open my door with a crowbar? Can I force open my door with a crowbar if I lock myself out? How to make a homemade pistol silencer?'" said prosecutor Josh Jones.

On Tuesday, Bliefnick was in court for opening arguments in his case

"The last minutes of Becky's life were spent in fear and pain and terror," Jones said.

"This case is dripping with reasonable doubt," Bliefnick's defense attorney said.

"This case is dripping with reasonable doubt," Bliefnick's defense attorney said.

I've never seen a case with so much evidence against a defendant. Even more amazing, the speed at which this evidence was gathered and readied for trial - less than 90 days :oops:

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes the Jury to come back with a verdict. This case just might win the 2023 Speedy Trial Award.

I've never seen a case with so much evidence against a defendant. Even more amazing, the speed at which this evidence was gathered and readied for trial - less than 90 days :oops:

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes the Jury to come back with a verdict. This case just might win the 2023 Speedy Trial Award.
It's a wonder TB's attorney was able to utter those words with a straight face. Especially since she neglected, in her opening, to even mention the gun evidence against her client.

The only thing "dripping" in this case is the defense's overfilled bucket of lies.

I wonder what Tim's parents are thinking right about now. Do they support him? Are they ok with Becky being murdered? If not, I'd like to reach out to them and give them a hug. If they are, then....nevermind.

I have sons. I've often thought, as I've followed so many cases here, how would I react if one of my sons was suspected of murder? I believe that I would support my son, but also push them to take responsibility for their actions. I don't think I could live with myself otherwise and I don't believe that I would be true to my life lessons for my children, otherwise.

I'm sorry, but this case is just devastating to me.

ETA: so to be clear, I'd turn my son in. I've taught them that we all deserve consequences for our actions.

Last edited:
Long before she was murdered, an Illinois woman told her sister who to suspect if she was killed.

The message was revealed last week in the trial of Tim Bliefnick, a former “Family Feud” contestant accused of killing his estranged wife in February.

Last week, Sarah Reilly testified that her sister, Rebecca “Becky” Bliefnick, said her husband should be the chief suspect in her death.

“If something ever happens to me, make sure the number one person of interest is Tim,” Reilly said her sister texted her, according to Fox News.

“I am putting this in writing that I’m fearful he will somehow harm me, come after me, or will try to [do] something to me that takes me away from the kids or the kids away from me,” the text read, Reilly testified.

During the trial, prosecutors said Tim Bliefnick’s internet search history included instructions on the use of a crowbar, making a silencer, opening a window from the outside and washing off gunpowder from one’s hands, according to KHQA-TV.

Jones said Becky Bliefnick was shot 14 times after her house was broken into with a crowbar and she was chased through the house.

Defense attorney Casey Schnack said it takes evidence, not theories, to win a conviction and ridiculed the story prosecutors are presenting.

“The state’s theory in this matter is that Tim left his 5-year-old, his 10-year-old and 12-year-old home alone in the middle of the night,” Shnack said. “He rode a bike from 16th and Hampshire to 24th and Kentucky road, shimmied up the side of his house and broke in using his crowbar. He walked in through a window, left a footprint on the floor, kicked down Becky’s door and shot her 14 times and then rode that bike back home,” she said.

Schnack did a great job of summarizing the prosecution's case :)

To summarize the evidence against him:

1. No alibi for the time she was killed.
  2. Motive with history of terrible divorce/custody case.
  3. Becky expressed deep fear that he would harm her in: a) Specific text to sister. b) Panicking at work upon learning that another had been killed by a family member. c) Requests for protection orders from the court.
  4. Pieces of an Aldi bag were found at the scene indicating it was used a silencer. Aldi bag was found at his home with her DNA on it.
  5. Crowbar was used to enter the home. He had searched for how to get in a home using a crowbar. A crowbar was found in his home (although not specifically linked to the murder).
  6. He had searched to see if his smart watch would record during activity. His smartwatch didn’t record data only during one period- the time of the murder- all other times it was recording.
  7. He had searched for police response times along with the other searches, prior to the murder.
  8. He had searched for how to create a silencer.
  9. He had searched how to open a window from the outside.
  10. He had searched how to wash gunpowder off one’s hands.

Am I missing anything?

3. Becky expressed deep fear that he would harm her in: a) Specific text to sister. b) Panicking at work upon learning that another had been killed by a family member. c) Requests for protection orders from the court.
  4. Pieces of an Aldi bag were found at the scene indicating it was used a silencer. Aldi bag was found at his home with her DNA on it.
  5. Crowbar was used to enter the home. He had searched for how to get in a home using a crowbar. A crowbar was found in his home (although not specifically linked to the murder).
  6. He had searched to see if his smart watch would record during activity. His smartwatch didn’t record data only during one period- the time of the murder- all other times it was recording.
  7. He had searched for police response times along with the other searches, prior to the murder.

Am I missing anything?
The Bike-
  • Tim's cell data, according to Cowick, showed the Facebook user John Smith messaged to meet up with someone from Facebook Marketplace to buy a Schwinn bike. The prosecution showed a photo of a bike in Tim's garage. Facebook messages from the seller showed he was selling a Schwinn bike. A Schwinn bike was found about a half mile from Tim's house.
  • The jury heard about Facebook Marketplace purchases made through a John Smith account registered to Bliefnick’s iPhone. The purchases included bicycles bearing a strong resemblance to one found in his garage and another one found abandoned in an alley a block from the defendant’s home.

Am I missing anything?
Maybe some life insurance taken out on her?

Multiple shell casings found in TB's home matched the 8 shell casings recovered from the crime scene. They came from a 9 mm gun which TB owned.

This man has no chance of being acquitted…
Rebecca was like a sitting duck though… I’ve been there and it’s terrifying. She did everything right to get away from him and not further anger him but he still did it… :(
BBM- Literally!! Ted testified he carried water bottles & books to the bedroom upstairs for Becky, the night she was murdered. He helped her into bed, pulled the covers up and kissed her on the forehead. That was the last time he saw her alive ...

Becky was still weak from the surgery, Tim would have known this :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kissafur1982
Back