GUILTY IL - Rebecca Bliefnick, 41, mom of 3, fatally shot, Quincy, Feb 2023 *estranged “Family Feud” husband charged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’ve been watching the closing. Dude is toast.

They didn’t put on a case because they have nothing to present. I mean they didn’t even shove a divorce attorney onto the stand to say that there are thousands of contentious divorce cases each year and thousands of people claiming fear of the other spouse early on in the case but murder in such cases is super rare.

No independent experts to talk about the significance of the inclusivity or non-inclusivity of evidence.

Just overwhelming evidence against him and no way to explain it away.

Now all they have is to try to chip away at why each piece of evidence, on its own, proves nothing, while flailing about to try to make the jury ignore the puzzle picture the pieces show.

This case illustrates that people who resort to crime to resolve their problems are simply stupid. I mean, he thought he was getting away with this? Covering his tracks?

Ridiculous.

I hope her kids are with her family and being protected and loved.

If I were the prosecution, I would try to counter with a display using puzzle pieces:

“All they can do is try to show how any ONE piece of evidence, alone, does no prove his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. But they fail to acknowledge that you don’t have to look at each piece of evidence in vacuum. You get to fit the puzzle pieces together. So let’s do that.”

And then, have each piece of evidence made into a puzzle piece that they put onto a white board, piece by piece, describing each piece, until the pieces form Tim’s face.

The defense claims that how Tim would’ve accessed the house, does not make sense. Well, lady, murdering your spouse to get an edge in a divorce case doesn’t make sense. It’s always senseless and always done by someone who lacks reason.

The defense attorney says that all the conversations Becky had expressing fear of her husband were just “blowing off steam” and “rhetoric”. Nope. I’m a divorce attorney. I only hear these kinds of statements when my client is truly concerned or seems to have a good reason to be concerned.

I think the defense basically went by the arguments they made in their Directed Verdict due to lack of Evidence Motion yesterday at end of day.
Not much else they have.
The prosecutor did a great job of dismantling the stupid argument that all those searches were done after the fact as everyone else was doing to figure out what happened to his family. Suuure.

He just happened to know a crowbar had been used, a gun, how the home had been broken into, oh and everyone, after a murder, seeks to find out how to get gun shot residue off their hands and whether their exercise smart device will record during an event, as well as how long it takes the cops to respond. Because all of that helps determine what happened, right?

Embarrassing. Totally embarrassing.

Pretty much:

“When you have no cards, you play whatever you can do, do whatever you can,” Cohen said. “A couple of things come to mind. One, I think his last name should be changed to Disbelief-nick, which is far more suited to him than Bliefnick. Number two, I’ve been trying to get Google to explain to me how to get rid of gunshot residue, and I can’t figure it out any more than he did.

“He has the worst possible defense ever. And by the way, I thought his lawyer was interesting. If you’re representing someone charged in a capital felony as a defendant, why in the world would you wear stripes? Is that telling the jury subliminally, ‘Please convict my client even though I’m saying don’t’? … He’s got a major problem. I agree, 14 shots for 14 years, one shot per year. A coincidence? Not at all. This guy is guilty. There’s enough enough evidence that I think a jury would be hard pressed to find him not guilty. I don’t see any doubt, much less any reasonable doubt.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deborah_Swell
Back