IL - Rolando Alonso, 45, dead, 2 injured in two-state shooting spree, 5 Oct 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Am I the only one following this? I wonder why. It is a facinating case.

One of the two men Dorian is accused of shooting in a spree of violence last week has identified Dorian from a lineup as the shooter, sources said Monday.

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/2794008,101210dorian.article

Thanks for keeping us updated, Gene. I think it is curious also. I keep hoping for information on this fella's known personality quirks, flash temper, something causing high frustration in his life, anything that would give us a clue as to why he might have done what he is accused of doing. It is sooo enigmatic.....and pretty quiet, too.

Dorian's supporters sure do seem to be certain of his innocence. I imagine his victims & witnesses are just as certain he was the shooter.

Interesting to see he has been on medical leave for a year. That gives me pause.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...fmcOIuS6m2sfsGPOTQ5QD9IQHGNG0?docId=D9IQHGNG0

Will County States Attorney James Glasgow said authorities had uncovered "forensic computer evidence" that showed that Dorian was at his house at the time of one of the shootings

The first shooting occurred about 10:30 a.m. on Oct. 5 at a work site in Illinois. Pelkie said evidence showed Dorian had been on his computer that day until at least 11 a.m.

Ballistics from the gun in both of the shootings matched, meaning Dorian could not have been involved in the second shooting either, Pelkie said.

Dorian's supporters sure do seem to be certain of his innocence. I imagine his victims & witnesses are just as certain he was the shooter.

Interesting to see he has been on medical leave for a year. That gives me pause.

Well I guess his supporters were the ones who got it right, considering charges are getting dropped.

This is so scary. My area too!! CRAZY. I haven't even heard anything about it recently!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...fmcOIuS6m2sfsGPOTQ5QD9IQHGNG0?docId=D9IQHGNG0

Will County States Attorney James Glasgow said authorities had uncovered "forensic computer evidence" that showed that Dorian was at his house at the time of one of the shootings

The first shooting occurred about 10:30 a.m. on Oct. 5 at a work site in Illinois. Pelkie said evidence showed Dorian had been on his computer that day until at least 11 a.m.

Ballistics from the gun in both of the shootings matched, meaning Dorian could not have been involved in the second shooting either, Pelkie said.

I would LOVE to know how they know absolutely that it was Dorian on the computer and not someone else. No snark. Can anyone explain this for us?

I would LOVE to know how they know absolutely that it was Dorian on the computer and not someone else. No snark. Can anyone explain this for us?

Well if he lives alone who else is going to do it for him? And there is also a friend of his who says he came to his home to drink coffee on the day of the shooting, and if that friend is correct about the timing, it does not look like he would have had time to do what he was accused of doing. Although the authorities never said anything about his phone records, he was supposedly using his phone so I presume they could check what tower his cell phone was using to see where he was.

My opinion only, it would be a cold day in you know where before the cops would release a murder suspect on a FRIEND saying they had coffee and also, as stated above, why could it not be anyone else? I don't know that he's guilty. I'm not even sure if I believe it. But something strange is going on with the hurried charges that are already being dropped.

My opinion only, it would be a cold day in you know where before the cops would release a murder suspect on a FRIEND saying they had coffee and also, as stated above, why could it not be anyone else? I don't know that he's guilty. I'm not even sure if I believe it. But something strange is going on with the hurried charges that are already being dropped.

Will County has a really bad record for arresting, charging the wrong person.

Wow! Another shocking twist! I cannot believe they would arrest a COP without some serious evidence. It'll be interesting to see what happens next!

"Curiouser and curiouser!", cried Alice.

I wonder what caused them to suspect BD in the first place? He was apparently identified in a line up by one of the victims and his truck is similar to that of the shooter's. But what caused them to bring him in for the line up?

"Curiouser and curiouser!", cried Alice.

I wonder what caused them to suspect BD in the first place? He was apparently identified in a line up by one of the victims and his truck is similar to that of the shooter's. But what caused them to bring him in for the line up?

He was driving in his truck some hours after the shooting and was stopped by the police because his truck fit the description. They let him go but later on he got arrested-must have been after one victim picked him from a photographic line up. But eyewitness ID is not particularly reliable, and it looks like that was the only thing they actually got on him.

I guess I must missed the updates on this case. I was shocked that they guy was release.

New article

Few New Clues in Search for Honey Bee Killer
Brian Dorian still trying to get personal items returned

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...gation-Still-Hot-105856048.html#ixzz13a2ErA5r

Will County officials said Tuesday they’re still hot on the trail of the so-called “Honey Bee Killer.”

But investigators looking for the suspect, who killed one man in Washington Township, Illinois and shot three others during a bi-state crime spree, offered little new information about the investigation Tuesday after a brief court session, according to the Northwest Indiana Times.

"I know that (investigators) are really busy, and we still have a lot of tips coming in," Pat Barry, spokesman for the Will County Sheriff's Department, told the Northwest Indiana Times. "We're still looking for the vehicle and at that same composite sketch from Indiana."

The lawyer for former suspect Brian Dorian appeared in Will County court to request the return of a number of Dorian’s personal items

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...gation-Still-Hot-105856048.html#ixzz13a2KW84A

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/new...e-murder-sue-lawsuit-killer-arrested-20101026

Brian Dorian Advised to Sue Will County After Being Wrongfully Arrested for Honey Bee Murder

"Lynwood, Ill. - The boss has some advice for Brian Dorian, the Lynwood cop charged with gunning down three men in a two-state shooting spree: sue Will County.

“After everything he’s been through, he has every right to sue, and I hope that he does it,” said Lynwood police Chief Russell Pearson.

But Dorian, who was jailed for four days earlier this month when he was wrongfully arrested as the Honey Bee killer, has yet to take legal action. For one thing, Dorian’s going to need a new lawyer, said Bob O’Dekirk, who is one of the attorneys who represented the Lynwood cop when he was facing the murder charge...."

more at link

I so do hope he sue! I live in Illinois and agree up north like to try to close a case way to fast. So meanwhile the shooter is still out there and that scary.

Looks like there might be a resolution in this case!

"The .38-caliber revolver wielded by a gunman killed last weekend trying to rob an Orland Park tanning salon matches the weapon used in the October "honeybee" shootings that killed one and wounded two in Illinois and Indiana, sources said Monday.

Ballistic testing determined the match, sources told the Tribune. And, in another twist, a purse found in the dead gunman's truck apparently belonged to a missing Chicago prostitute, sources said. The Will County sheriff's police, who have been investigating the October shooting spree, would not comment.

About a dozen investigators from the sheriff's police and Indiana descended Monday afternoon on the downstate home of Gary L. Amaya, whom police are looking at as the "honeybee gunman" suspect, sources have told the Tribune."

http://mobile.chicagotribune.com/wa...id=1398&ith=0&title=Chicago+Tribune+Headlines

Crazy, crazy!! I'm hoping they got it right this time. Rankin, is a super small quiet town!(I'm about 25 mins from there)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back