Found Deceased IL - Sheila Khalili, 27, Bourbonnais, ONU student, 5 May 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What's a construction pond?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am by no means a construction expert but I think they are used to manage storm water runoff during construction projects.

JMO

A pond dug near a construction site, usually for overpasses or exit ramps, to provide dirt for the project.

I am by no means a construction expert but I think they are used to manage storm water runoff during construction projects.

JMO

I mean, how deep could that be then? I guess you wouldn't know it was there unless you travelled by and saw it. But still. That's sad man.

I mean, how deep could that be then? I guess you wouldn't know it was there unless you travelled by and saw it. But still. That's sad man.

That is a great question. I don't know how deep the typical pond would be but I'd guess it depends on the size of the construction project. I'm assuming this one is pretty big/deep since it took a helicopter to spot it from above. Though I think they also indicated there had not been work there recently - so maybe it's as simple as no one having been around to spot the car.

It's incredibly sad.

Sad news. I had a feeling this is what happened. Devastating.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

There are no barriers due to the construction on both sides.

5914722e01a0c.image.jpg

http://www.daily-journal.com/news/l...cle_f4fe0a9d-6304-5bff-9712-4c544e9e26e1.html

There are two ponds located a quarter to a half mile north of 6000N Road that are owned by a contractor working on the new interchange there.

No work had taken place in the area for a couple of weeks.

So she was going south? Went through the ditch across the other lanes down another ditch and in to the pond? How does that happen? Fell asleep?

I heard a report at 10:30 a.m. on ABC. Of course, as usual, WS is hours ahead of msn.

Being reported again right now. This time confirming it is Sheila's car.

Very tragic because I'm guessing the accident involved texting.

I feel the same way. I'm not sure which direction she was going on I-75, but I looked up the general area and there are some bodies of water off the side that I hope they are looking at.

This was the nineth post in the thread. This is the third case I know about that involves a car going into water when, of course, all kinds of other suspicions are considered. When I read the post above, I told myself not to dismiss this simple explanation too quickly. Sure enough, tis true.

Parts of a vehicle were spotted on the side of the road by a Sheriff's Deputy (per 11:00 a.m. news).
Then a dive team recovered a body inside an upside down vehicle in the pond.

The ponds would be deeper than usual because there's been lots of rain lately.

It seems the ponds weren't considered early on (by search crews) since Sheila was missing six days before car parts were noticed on the side of the road. Ugh!

My heart goes out to Sheila's family and friends. I'm so sorry for your loss.

3:30 a.m. this morning they found a car bumper with an IL license plate near a retention pond.
Believed to be a single vehicle crash.
Autopsy being conducted. NBC news.

Painful news 😕: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...Missing-College-Student-Police-422006803.html

The body of a missing Illinois college student was found Thursday inside a vehicle in a pond not far from the school where she was last seen, officials said.
According to Bourbonnais Deputy Chief David Anderson, investigators found the vehicle upside down and submerged in a pond off Interstate 57 near mile marker 317 between Manteno and Bourbonnais. A deceased woman was found inside matching the description of 27-year-old Sheila Khalili, according to the Schaumburg Police Department.

RIP, sheila.

Local article on Sheila Khalili.

http://www.dailyherald.com/news/20170511/missing-schaumburg-womanx2019s-body-found-inside-submerged-car

RIP Sheila.
:rose:

Posts on Facebook seem to say her name is Sheila Kay ? Not sure if maybe this is a name she goes by or a mistake?
This is the facebook page of Sheila Kay
https://www.facebook.com/sheila.khalili.5
Linked to by a gentleman who said this was his cousin.
Still not found as of today :(

Looking back. Wow she was so beautiful. The original posted pic did no justice. RIP princess

Very sad. Looks like she was partying hard at Jaxx's

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member