IL - Sonya Massey Shot To Death In Her Own Home by Sangamon County Deputy After Calling to Report a Prowler, Springfield 6 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
<modsnip - quoted post was snipped> It is important to try to understand what the thought process was of this man that led him to change a routine police encounter into murder in a matter of seconds. This act was horrific and so unjustified and I feel sick for Ms. Massey and her family. There is no excuse for what happened, but there is a reason. I'd like to know what it is, so that we can try to avoid these tragedies in the future.
but there is a reason

His psychological profile. Bad personalities are attracted to the profession. Bullies, sociopaths, psychopaths. All LE should go through extensive psychological testing prior to hiring. MMPI, the Hare psychopath test and whatever else is available to weed out these psychos. I have watched so many videos of this crap, for so many years, and it is not improving. I can think of several similar murders by cop, just off the top of my head, because it happens that often.

I agree with you. Nothing I saw in the footage tells me if Grayson's motivations were based in race. He may well have been biased against Sonya but I think given what we currently know it is a reach to say this was racially motivated rather than just a dude on a power trip who should never be in law enforcement because psychologically he is not a good candidate.

as this case proceeds w may hear or see evidence that he was racially motivated but it is entirely too soon to make that allegation.
I think the racism is that according to her father, they thought she had been killed by the intruder. If it hadn't been for the body cam footage, they never would have known. How many LE were in that yard and knew the truth? LE and medical workers. That whole department knew this was a police murder and said nothing to the family. That's horrific. If this were a cute blond white lady would any of that have happened? No. Thus, the investigation by the Justice Dept. This will involve a lot of people, not just this roided up cop.

Sonya Massey killing: family accuse police of attempted cover-up Guardian article via Yahoo, so no paywall. Emphasis mine.

Unless this happened after backup already arrived, and some other deputy called it in (in which case they shouldn't have done so if they didn't know the details)...there were only two people on scene who would be calling in to police dispatch--the two deputies--and they both knew well that Deputy Grayson shot and killed Sonya Massey.
If all of this is true, it's beyond horrific. They all knew who shot her, and it wasn't an intruder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back