IL IL - Tammy Zywicki, 21, La Salle, 23 Aug 1992

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought everyone knew the killer and that he is dead?

They had an idea of who it was but couldn't prove it at that point.

http://www.wisn.com/news/evidence-testing-in-berit-beck-murder-prompts-interest-in-other-midwest-cases/25880554

Fond du Lac County Sheriff Lt. Cameron McGee said the new developments in the Beck case have prompted interest from investigators in 14 other unsolved cases from Arizona to Iowa to Ohio, including that of Tammy Zywicki, another college-bound blonde.

Two years after Beck's killing, Zywicki was driving to college in Iowa when her car broke down on Interstate 80 in Illinois. Witnesses saw her near her car. A man and a big rig stopped nearby. Zywicki's body was found later along Interstate 44 in rural Missouri; she had been sexually assaulted and stabbed.

http://fox6now.com/2015/03/30/cold-case-development-dennis-brantner-charged-in-1990-homicide-of-berit-beck/

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...Leads-in-Zywicki-Investigation-298632091.html

Last fall, a team from Illinois made a presentation to dozens of Vidocq members, and Padilla says it paid immediate dividends in a case where the existing files were nearly 6,000 pages long. “It helped us to focus this investigation,” he said. “It really provided new life.”

Specifically, Padilla says police are now focusing on at least half a dozen leads, including one that he says was never properly vetted during the original investigation. “What we’re focusing on now has always been in the case file, but, for lack of a better term, it’s been buried,” he said. “A lead that was there, that we really needed to follow up on."

At the moment, I am getting "page not found" at your link. Strange -- wonder if it is a temporary glitch or article has been pulled...?

I think it was temporarily pulled until the story aired on the local news. It was broadcast as an exclusive, and our johnny-on-the-spot WS's - our wonderful new mod had it linked before it aired. (Unless it was aired prior to 10pm).

Anyhoo the link is working again.

What's new is that the new 'poi' is someone who was on radar from the beginning of the case and never properly vetted. ISP is saying it is NOT Lonnie Bierbrodt and that the 'poi' is still alive. He didn't say much more..... though, they are apparently going to retest for forensic evidence.

It's about time. Seriously, the ISP seems to have been slower than my favorite baseball team on the north side. I hope this is a real turning point in this case at this point. 23 years is too long.

Welcome to WS Rkotlarek! :welcome:

thank you for the info on the FB pages for Tammy.

"Tammy Zywicki cold case investigation nears 23 years"

http://siouxcityjournal.com/news/state-and-regional/iowa/tammy-zywicki-cold-case-investigation-nears-years/article_85cc1e24-47b4-5752-bbf5-91017e4dc8cc.html

One longtime suspect in the case was Lonnie Bierbrodt, a truck driver with a history of violent crime who came to authorities’ attention when an anonymous caller described someone matching his description seen with Tammy Jo Zywicki on the interstate as she struggled to fix her car. The caller said she later saw Bierbrodt’s wife speaking about a watch her husband had given her that matched the description of Zywicki’s watch. He was questioned but never charged. He died in 2002.

Padilla said investigators could not rule out Bierbrodt as a suspect, but he believes Zywicki’s killer is still alive. And he’s excited by the current leads.

I see a possible link here.

Truck Driver Dennis Brantner should be considered a suspect. Has been looked at?

Berit Beck, motorist murdered in Wisconsin in 1990. He was from across IL state line. I recall Tammy being last seen with a truck / truck driver in Northern IL. Looking for more information.

I see he was/is being considered. There is a trial in progress for Berit Beck. He did not testify so likely will take his secrets to the grave.

The jury went home last night without a verdict so hopefully today will be his day. Berit was found in a ditch like Tammy but she blindfolded which I never recall reading about with Tammy. That is significant but could LE is keeping it a 'secret' for themselves. Seems LE can hurt cases by doing that.

The jury is deadlocked. Seems 24 hours of deliberation isn't enough to present that as a conclusion. Don't know where it will go form here.

Did they ever check the inventory in Tammy's murder against the DNA and or fingerprints of this low life creep?

The jury is deadlocked. Seems 24 hours of deliberation isn't enough to present that as a conclusion. Don't know where it will go form here.

Did they ever check the inventory in Tammy's murder against the DNA and or fingerprints of this low life creep?

Judge dismissed the jury, late this morning, they made no decision.

WOW

What happens now?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody