IL IL - The Unidentified Victims of John Wayne Gacy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They did not announce it yet, but I think there are two new NCMEC reconstructions (for Body 10 and Body 13), not sure if it is somehow connected with the process of DNA extraction.

But according to another article:

Dart and lead investigator Lt. Jason Moran said they plan to use the new method, along with conventional investigative techniques, in other missing and unidentified persons cases. That includes trying to identify the five other unknown Gacy victims.

"This is our first case using genetic genealogy, so we wanted to make sure it was effective," Moran said. "This is the new one and we decided to use it, and it was successful."

How genealogy search and DNA helped identify latest John Wayne Gacy victim
I think it depends on the type of genetic material available, but Moran stated at the press conference that they were going to get the ball rolling right away on some other in response to a question.

- see around 28:55 / 30:00 for the exact exchanges.

I suspect Brian Thomas Vargo can be Body 21. Body 21' height is 5'8"-6'0", Brian's height is 6'0". Both had light brown hair. Both had no distinguishing features (such as previously fractured arm, chipped tooth and etc.). Face line is similiar. Brian disappeared in 1976, Body 21 was murdered in 1976
Brian Thomas Vargo – The Charley Project

Attachments

• Original.jpg
    Original.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 28
  • Body_21.jpg
    Body_21.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I suspect Brian Thomas Vargo can be Body 21. Body 21' height is 5'8"-6'0", Brian's height is 6'0". Both had light brown hair. Both had no distinguishing features (such as previously fractured arm, chipped tooth and etc.). Face line is similiar. Brian disappeared in 1976, Body 21 was murdered in 1976
Brian Thomas Vargo – The Charley Project
Did you by any chance send this? I think it could be a good match

Great news! Body 21 has got enhanced facial reconstruction!
Just to be clear, this seems to be the original 1970s wax model reconstruction that has been run through Remini or another photo enhancing app. It's not a new reconstruction and isn't an official image released by any LE agency, as far as I can tell. It's not on NCMEC, NamUs, Doe Network, or the Cook County Sheriff's office page.

It's certainly more human-looking than the old version, but will still have the same limitations that all these old wax model reconstructions have. The old reconstructions of the Gacy victims all had very similar facial features, apparently due to the reconstruction artist's particular style. Facial reconstruction has come a long way since then, and the victims who have been identified or got updated reconstructions often turned out to look very different.

Does anybody know when DNA Doe Project will continue their investigation of Gacy victims' identities? And which victim is planned to be the next identified?
Three weeks ago somebody asked about other Gacy's victims on the DDP facebook page and the DDP answered: "There are five more Gacy victims that have not yet been positively identified. We hope to be invited to work on those cases!".

So, I think it is still unknown.

Does anybody know where can I find autopsy reports of Gacy victims?

Could this guy be Body 13?
Glen Allen Walls - Missing Oct 10, 1972 - Malmstrom, MT
Age and height ranges match, looks pretty similar to the reconstruction. Apologies if he's been suggested here before.
Yes, his face looks quite similiar to the reconstuction of Body 13. Body 13 was murdered in 1976 or 1977, so Glen would be 21-22 years old at this moment (estimated age of Body 13 - 18-22 y.o.), but many years passed between his disappearance and murder. However, he should be submitted as a potential match.

Yes, his face looks quite similiar to the reconstuction of Body 13. Body 13 was murdered in 1976 or 1977, so Glen would be 21-22 years old at this moment (estimated age of Body 13 - 18-22 y.o.), but many years passed between his disappearance and murder. However, he should be submitted as a potential match.

Just submitted him as a potential match. Hopefully will hear back from them soon.

I guess I should have checked that!
Is there a full list of rule outs?
Louis does resemble one of the victims, he's only a year or so younger than the estimate so not enough to rule him out just yet.

I guess I should have checked that!
Is there a full list of rule outs?
Louis does resemble one of the victims, he's only a year or so younger than the estimate so not enough to rule him out just yet.
Someone posted exclusions on Unidentified Wiki.

Wow it turns out I was totally wrong about who body #5 was. I thought it had been a guy that went missing from California but was known to travel and live a nomadic lifestyle. In fairness, the real #5 guy had never been reported missing.

Victim 5 has been identified, and a press conference will be held today at 12pm (CDT)

DNA Doe Project

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back