IL IL - The Unidentified Victims of John Wayne Gacy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow! A very quick reply from the Cook County Sheriff's Office: ( about 35 minutes after my call and email.)

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for writing to the Cook County Sheriff's Office.

Several other groups and individuals have also suggested NamUs, and we are currently looking into it. It looks to be a great idea and we are excited to begin utilizing this site.

Thank you for taking the time to call and write with your recommendations. Should you have further suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thank you,

Cook County Sheriff's Office

Hopefully this means we'll see these 8 UID's and others added to NamUs soon!

I hope that means they intend to use NamUs to publicize their MP's as well as their UID's (and not just the Gacy 8)

I hope that means they intend to use NamUs to publicize their MP's as well as their UID's (and not just the Gacy 8)

Agreed. Though I am currently more concerned about CC updating their UID's as opposed to MP's since MP's can be entered into NamUs by average citizens like you and I, where UID's can only be entered by authorized LE/ME's.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2011/11/11/18955326.html
Gacy may have killed in Canada

By Thane Burnett, QMI Agency
Cold-case investigators now say they have found at least one document, thought to be a restaurant bill from somewhere in Ontario in the late '70s, that was found among Gacy's belongings.

Kozenczak recalls taking a map, stabbed with pins, from Gacy's home.

But with little or no communication between police forces, nor a national databank, it would have been difficult to connect the dots back then, he said.

Today, thanks to DNA, new answers may be found, not only for the nameless eight, but also for those wondering whether Gacy killed outside his state.

Wow! A very quick reply from the Cook County Sheriff's Office: ( about 35 minutes after my call and email.)

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for writing to the Cook County Sheriff's Office.

Several other groups and individuals have also suggested NamUs, and we are currently looking into it. It looks to be a great idea and we are excited to begin utilizing this site.

Thank you for taking the time to call and write with your recommendations. Should you have further suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thank you,

Cook County Sheriff's Office

Hopefully this means we'll see these 8 UID's and others added to NamUs soon!

:great:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2011/11/11/18955326.html
Gacy may have killed in Canada

By Thane Burnett, QMI Agency
Cold-case investigators now say they have found at least one document, thought to be a restaurant bill from somewhere in Ontario in the late '70s, that was found among Gacy's belongings.

Kozenczak recalls taking a map, stabbed with pins, from Gacy's home.

But with little or no communication between police forces, nor a national databank, it would have been difficult to connect the dots back then, he said.

Today, thanks to DNA, new answers may be found, not only for the nameless eight, but also for those wondering whether Gacy killed outside his state.

Oh wow this could be huge. I wonder if they determined yet how long he was there. I'm really surprised that they didn't know this before.

Chicago Sheriff will be hold a news conference this morning on the Gacy 8. Lord I hope there is names for all 8. RIP

vic19.png

(carried above over from link upthread).

A Gacy victim finally identified — 35 years after he went missing

William “Bill” George Bundy — a 19-year-old North Sider, a Senn High School dropout — was identified after his brother Robert and sister Laura called a hotline set up by Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart.

Bundy was reported missing in October 1976 after saying he was going to a party but forgetting his wallet at home

Bundy’s mother suspected her son was among those killed by the Norwood Park Township man who became one of the country’s most-notorious killers and spoke with detectives at the time. But her son’s dentist had retired and destroyed all of his files, so no dental records were available to match to the body.

Full article at link:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/913543...dentified-35-years-after-he-went-missing.html

I'm so glad Bill finally has his name back. I'm saddened he wasn't identified before his parents passed away, especially since he was in fact reported missing. Better late than never though.... 1 down 7 more to go.

Sleep peacefully Bill.

Wow, I just noticed how off the dates were on Victim #19, Bill Bundy. He was reported missing in October of 1976 and Cook County listed a disappeared date of July-Sept 1977. We should keep that in mind with other possible matches.

Wow, I just noticed how off the dates were on Victim #19, Bill Bundy. He was reported missing in October of 1976 and Cook County listed a disappeared date of July-Sept 1977. We should keep that in mind with other possible matches.

It appears based on height and the estimated time of death that Bill Bundy was matched to DoeNet Case 961UMIL:

2984159600045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

http://doenetwork.org/cases/961umil.html

Carl, you linked doenet 961umil. Did you mean 961umil or 964umil?

If 961UMIL, doenet indicates the following distinquishing characteristic:

Fracture of right elbow within 2 months prior to his death.

If Bill is 961UMIL, I wonder why they would not have been able to utilize x-rays of the elbow fracture for identification purposes? Weren't x-rays used at one time?

I didn't see anything about Bill having a fractured arm shortly before his disappearance in the MSM articles I read (though, I didn't read all).

From this link posted upthread:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=8447862

I find that curious, since a previous article said that LE had heard from 70 families.

Why only 12 samples submitted?

They may have been able to rule out by other means such as date of disappearance, age, dentals available..... there may also be some DNA rule outs already?

ETA: From the ABC link:

The DNA results that came back from the University of North Texas also included the results of four other tests. Sheriff Dart says those four have been excluded as possible Gacy victims, so those families do not have closure.

Carl, you linked doenet 961umil. Did you mean 961umil or 964umil?

If 961UMIL, doenet indicates the following distinquishing characteristic:

Fracture of right elbow within 2 months prior to his death.

If Bill is 961UMIL , I wonder why they would not have been able to utilize x-rays of the elbow fracture for identification purposes? Weren't x-rays used at one time?

I didn't see anything about Bill having a fractured arm shortly before his disappearance in the MSM articles I read (though, I didn't read all).

I did mean 961UMIL (I corrected it above). They probably should have known that he had his upper canines extracted also. But that's not unusual for key info not to be mentioned.

Only one other of the eight was that short. 956UMIL was listed as 5'2" to 5'6", but he was older (22-28) and "probably" wore a denture.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/956umil.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back