IL IL - The Unidentified Victims of John Wayne Gacy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It appears based on height and the estimated time of death that Bill Bundy was matched to DoeNet Case 961UMIL:

2984159600045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

http://doenetwork.org/cases/961umil.html

Thank you again Carl. I would have never guessed this was Bill based on the recon. The facial shape and chins are entirely different. though it appears the distance between the nose and upper lip is the same and the bridge of the noses appear the same. The differences in the chin would have still thrown me on a possible match.

Thank you again Carl. I would have never guessed this was Bill based on the recon. The facial shape and chins are entirely different. though it appears the distance between the nose and upper lip is the same and the bridge of the noses appear the same. The differences in the chin would have still thrown me on a possible match.

The appearance of a chin and jawline is greatly affected by height of the camera and forward head-tilt.

i very interested in who he buried under his bbq pit, time of death seems to be 1974 so he killed between mccoy and bukovich. I wish the MF was still alive and he could have a mob lynching and be put thru what he did these kids/men.

Honestly I was preparing for none of them to be identified. I'm glad one has. I really hope they get a few more. All of them would be amazing.

Honestly I was preparing for none of them to be identified. I'm glad one has. I really hope they get a few more. All of them would be amazing.

i think with dna most will be now RIP they never deserved this

Very sad. I grew up down the block from the Bundy family and was one year older than him, but we don't recall ever heard of his disappearance at the time.

Butkovich also lived in Uptown, although some distance away - I wonder if Gacy was trolling the area.

btw did anyone ever find out anything about my previous post regarding the Unknown Victim grave in Hillside that apparently was not excavated?

Very sad. I grew up down the block from the Bundy family and was one year older than him, but we don't recall ever heard of his disappearance at the time.

Butkovich also lived in Uptown, although some distance away - I wonder if Gacy was trolling the area.

btw did anyone ever find out anything about my previous post regarding the Unknown Victim grave in Hillside that apparently was not excavated?

adgorn, not sure exactly what your question is regarding the unknown victim in Hillside, but the dna was extracted from the 'jaws' which were saved. I think the following might answer your question as to why the gravesite in Hillside would appear to have not been excavated. (From MSM linked upthread).

The jaws were not buried individually, but saved until a few years ago and at that time all buried together in one location at an undisclosed site. It was this single grave which contained the 8 'jaws' of the unidentified which was excavated for dna samples from the dentals. This would explain why the grave in Hillside would appear to not have been excavated.

hth

OK, so you are saying they didn't need to exhume all the sites since they had all 8 jaws in one location. Makes sense and shows good planning too. Thank you.

Dennis Lee Reynolds just showed up recently in a NamUs no-photo case file.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/13278/4

I found his photo in the 1971 Litchfield HS yearbook. This photo was taken about 7 years prior to his disappearance.

I suppose that he has probably already been compared to the remaining seven Gacy UID's, and that would be why he was recently added to NamUs.

2129082630045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

Dennis Lee Reynolds just showed up recently in a NamUs no-photo case file.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/13278/4

I found his photo in the 1971 Litchfield HS yearbook. This photo was taken about 7 years prior to his disappearance.

I suppose that he has probably already been compared to the remaining seven Gacy UID's, and that would be why he was recently added to NamUs.

2129082630045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

I e-mailed the above photo to the NamUs MP case manager, and suggested that he add it to the casefile. I also asked him if Dennis had been ruled out as being one of the seven remaining UID Gacy victims. He responded as follows:

Thanks for the photo. We have photos in the file, but two were grade school, and the other a group photo that's not real clear. He hasn't been ruled out in the Gacy case, but witness reports and information gathered at the time point to this being domestic related, we just don't have a body.

I came here to this thread to post this news - SO FASCINATING. I can't even buy a sack of groceries without producing ID, how do these people disappear from the face of the earth for so long without having to produce ID? How many other suspected murder victims are out there la ti dah, living a normal life while their families have considered them dead and LE can't find them?

I came here to this thread to post this news - SO FASCINATING. I can't even buy a sack of groceries without producing ID, how do these people disappear from the face of the earth for so long without having to produce ID? How many other suspected murder victims are out there la ti dah, living a normal life while their families have considered them dead and LE can't find them?

Agree - but in this case it sounds like he wasn't called in as a missing person and of course family can't track identifying documents like driver's licenses and SSN. Once LE was alerted, they looked up his SSN and found him right away. Sounds to me that he wasn't really making much of an effort to hide, just kind of left.

i found this article this morning.......thoughts????

Attorneys Believe Gacy Had Accomplices
February 10, 2012 8:26 AM
Share this
1 comment
John Wayne Gacy was known for many years around his neighborhood as a Democratic precinct captain and a birthday party clown. But in December 1978, police discovered 29 bodies buried in a crawl space of his house and the surrounding yard in unincorporated Norwood Park Township.
CHICAGO (CBS) — Two Chicago lawyers have taken a fresh look at the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of three of serial killer John Wayne Gacy’s victims, and have concluded that he had at least one accomplice.

As WBBM Newsradio’s Mike Krauser reports, the three were found among the 29 victims whose bodies were buried in the crawlspace of Gacy’s home, at 8213 W. Summerdale Ave. in unincorporated Norwood Park Township.

<modsnip>

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/02/10/attorneys-believe-gacy-had-accomplices/

I don't know what to make of the article, most of me believes he and he alone was responsible for every single murder. A small small teeny weeny part of me thinks he did have help in a few of the murders, or at least of disposing of the bodies. What i don't get is why after 35 years are they digging up and cross checking travel dates etc with some of the murders, why wasn't this done back in 1978? To me the lawyers are opening up old wounds for the three murder victim's families, Gilroy, Nelson and Mowery. Leave it alone and focus on the 7 vicitims who are still nameless, thanks to that fat cowardly *advertiser censored* who thought nothing of using these kids for his own deviant pleasures then snuffing their lives out like there were some kind of cockroach. If there was an accomplice, they should look into the one kid who worked for Gacy, and turned out to become a killer himself, i think he was dubbed the Chicago Ripper (?), he worked for Gacy for a period of time in the 70's. He killed a few hookers and would cut their *advertiser censored* off <modsnip>. These are my own thoughts so please take no offense.

Gretchen

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL