Found Deceased IL - Thomas “Tommy” Howe 24, left on foot after crash on I-94, Libertyville, 22 Jan 2022 *Reward*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Search underway for 24-year-old man who went missing near Interstate 94 in Libertyville (lakemchenryscanner.com)

272248640_10221472871552754_6262801725395928622_n.jpg

Police are actively searching for a 24-year-old Antioch man who went missing Saturday on foot near Interstate 94 in Libertyville.
  • Thomas “Tommy” Howe, 24, of Antioch, was last seen Saturday in the area of Interstate 94 at mile marker 16.75 near Libertyville.
  • He was last seen traveling on foot in the area while wearing a gray North Face jacket and jeans.
  • Thomas is a white male, 5-foot-8, with brown eyes and brown hair.
A witness reported that the Lake County Sheriff’s Office and Lake County Forest Preserve Police Department were searching for Howe in the area of the Old School Forest Preserve on Sunday.

[...]

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Antioch Police Department at 847-395-8585.

Missing 24-year-old man spotted in Vernon Hills after going missing near Libertyville
The Vernon Hills Police Department said that Howe went to an appointment Saturday morning in Vernon Hills.

He was involved in a crash on Interstate 94 at mile marker 16.75 near Libertyville, police said.

Immediately following the crash, Howe fled the scene on foot in an unknown direction, police said.
SNIPPED:
Howe does not have his phone with him and left it in his car following the crash, police added.

A relative of the man said that he was spotted midday on Sunday in a neighborhood north of Hawthorn Mall in Vernon Hills.
Adding MSM

Last edited:
This was a good size search effort that included dogs and air support. Are there abandoned buildings (sheds, barns, hunting cabins, etc.) in the area? If so, I hope LE will encourage residents to search those as well as their camera footage. MOO

From the article:

The search was led by the Antioch Police Department and aided by numerous local agencies, including the Libertyville police and fire departments, the Lake County Forest Preserve Police Department, Lake County Metropolitan Enforcement Group and the Wauconda Fire Department.

Additionally, 77 volunteers, five canines from Illinois Wisconsin Search and Rescue Dogs, and several drones took part in Monday’s search.

JAN 24, 2022
Antioch man who left scene of crash on tollway Saturday still missing
[...]

An extensive search Monday of the Old School Forest Preserve near Libertyville turned up the work cellphone of Thomas "Tommy" Howe III, but nothing else was found and Howe still is missing, police said.

[...]

According to Antioch police, witnesses reported seeing Howe walking away near mile marker 16.75. There have been no confirmed sightings.

Authorities using dogs and drones searched for two days in the area of I-94 and Route 176, Lake County Deputy Chief Chris Covelli said.

[...]

Covelli said there was a reported sighting Saturday of Howe about 4:45 p.m. near Cumberland Court and Hanover Lane in Vernon Hills.

[...]

I should note there are 2 preserves in Libertyville. Old School is around where he went missing. Independence Grove is on the opposite side of town and is based around a lake. Old School has some smaller bodies of water, also a nearby senior living facility looks to have a large retention pond. The homes around it are also much less dense, larger plots of land.

JAN 24, 2022
Antioch man who left scene of crash on tollway Saturday still missing (dailyherald.com)
... Authorities said Howe had an appointment Saturday morning in Vernon Hills. After the appointment, he was involved in a crash about 11 a.m. with another vehicle on the tollway near Route 176, police said.

According to Antioch police, witnesses reported seeing Howe walking away near mile marker 16.75.
Was Tommy at fault in the accident? Did the other driver call police?

I wonder if he is afraid of being arrested or fined so he is trying to lay low? I have a friend, who made some bad choices when we were in college---he drove drunk, ran into some parked cars, disabled his car. So he ran from the scene and didn't come back to his apartment for a few weeks. Eventually they found him though. So that ploy didnt work.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back