IL IL - Timmothy Fry-Pitzen, 6, Aurora, 13 May 2011 - mom found dead - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I don't think he is with us anymore. Think about this. Let's say you wanted to give your child away right now. Do you know anyone you could give your child to that could keep him hidden for 5 years? I don't think I could pull it off with all the publicity it would get.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

The same could be said for 95% of the cases on Websleuths. Are we not supposed to discuss this case because it is most likely Timmothy is deceased. Well then Websleuths shouldn't exist.

The same could be said for 95% of the cases on Websleuths. Are we not supposed to discuss this case because it is most likely Timmothy is deceased. Well then Websleuths shouldn't exist.
We should still discuss. The odds aren't with him or many on these cases. Let's hope he is found safe

We should still discuss. The odds aren't with him or many on these cases. Let's hope he is found safe

Yea there is a very slim chance he is alive. Just feel bad that his remaining family doesn't have an answer. LE seems open to him still being alive. When I first read about the possibility a cult took him in, or a group closed off to society I thought it sounded too far fetched. When I kept reading about the case it seemed like it could be a possibility. If the mom gave him to someone it definitely wasn't a friend of hers. It would have to be some sort if cult or underground group.

Also I wish we knew what the entire suicide note said. I have only seen an excerpt.

I live in Chicagoland. Any interest for locals to get together to discuss, search, or reach out awareness to/in possible communities?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Am I missing something? Hasn't it always been reported that Amy said in her note "you will never find him"??? I don't see that here, so where did that come from? Or was it just poor reporting in the beginning?
Amy wrote 2 notes. This one was written to her mother. The other was found by her body in the hotel room.

Unfortunately I don't think he is with us anymore. Think about this. Let's say you wanted to give your child away right now. Do you know anyone you could give your child to that could keep him hidden for 5 years? I don't think I could pull it off with all the publicity it would get.

Yeah--there are underground networks who do this kind of thing. Faye Yager was the notorious lead in parent/child abductions. Her motivation was in believing that any Mom who contacted her must be telling the truth when making claims of an abusive husband/father--as well as believing that the family court system is stacked against such women.

Prior to 9/11 it was apparently fairly easy to get a kid and mom out of the country with forged passports. Apparently Australia was a soft landing spot--based on their legal system and reluctance to send folks back if found. Samantha Geldenhuys spent an entire childhood in hiding.

This case stands out for me because the kid and mom separated, although this is not unheard of. The Rucki girls in Minnnesota were aided by several adults who all thought they were on the side of the angels. The girls had no contact with any family member for well over two years. Damon Moelter was sent into hiding by his mother Cindy Dumas. Dumas now runs an organization known as Safe Kids International. Among other things it advocates against the Family Court system. Anybody's guess if it also makes connections for people who want to hide their kids.

Interesting, looks like its not as difficult as one would think with a little planning.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I find myself getting hooked into this one, even though it is old.

My gut tends to go with the kid still being alive, for a number of reasons, including the purchase of clothing and toys. Clearly this mom's thinking was distorted by her depression, perhaps wanted out of her marriage and did apparently fear the loss of her son if she did so. There is also some unexplained travel suggesting that perhaps she was planning this. But, the big question for me has to do with planning for what? Did she plan a murder/suicide? And if so, why the attention to hiding the body? Why not "put him to sleep" and leave him peacefully on the bed in the room with her?

So--I am asking from more-experienced sleuthers--do you know of murder/suicides where the victim's bodies are hidden?
'

I find myself getting hooked into this one, even though it is old.

My gut tends to go with the kid still being alive, for a number of reasons, including the purchase of clothing and toys. Clearly this mom's thinking was distorted by her depression, perhaps wanted out of her marriage and did apparently fear the loss of her son if she did so. There is also some unexplained travel suggesting that perhaps she was planning this. But, the big question for me has to do with planning for what? Did she plan a murder/suicide? And if so, why the attention to hiding the body? Why not "put him to sleep" and leave him peacefully on the bed in the room with her?

So--I am asking from more-experienced sleuthers--do you know of murder/suicides where the victim's bodies are hidden?
'
Well you do raise a valid point here.

The only reason I can think of for her to do all that, is to cause pain to those left behind.

I think that's exactly what she did. Just like the Skelton case.

It would be a miracle of any of those children were alive, IMO [emoji20]

Watched an ID show about this today. Her husband was on the show. As was her ex husband. Apparently, she still had a thing for her ex... her friend said she was still in love with him. She would make surprise visits, even during her second marriage, to the ex. He said she'd just show up and be like 'got problems... need a friend' and it was tied to her depression which seemed pretty severe. Well, her second husband discovered her secret meetings with her ex and he started threatening to take her son away. He admitted it. He told her he would prove her to be an unfit mom. Her best friend said she was extremely worried he would succeed and the friend tried to convince her that would not happen.

So, sadly, I suspect little Timmothy is no longer with us. I suspect it was a big middle finger to her husband.... vengeful murder/suicide plot. Gosh, why could they not find his remains though?

And another thing mentioned by LE on the show was his blood was found in the backseat...a small pool of blood that had trickled between the seats. LE said it was not a lot... not enough to declare death. And the dad said it could be explained by a nose bleed he had in the car not long before, where he filled washcloth with blood. I don't know... not thinking a nose bleed would make a pool of blood unless his head were laying on the seat. If he sat bloody washcloth on seat it would be smears of blood and if it was just drips from his nose, it would be drips or maybe sprays of blood... not a pool of blood. JMOO.

I just saw a repeat show on TV last night about this case. I realize he may likely be dead and buried somewhere in a remote area.. however I wonder about that trip she took with her friend to the Bahamas just the week prior to all this happening. She had a lot of time to think snd plot then.. is it possible she met some other strangers vacationing there ? maybe a childless couple and made an arrangement with them after giving them some kind of story that he was being abused by his father or something along those lines? and prearranged a pickup time and gave Timothy to them? They could live in another country somewhere for all anyone would know.. did investigators ever really dig into that possibility at all? Did they question vacationers in the Bahamas? Did they go through the hotel guest book from that week and question everyone thoroughly?

I watched again as well. And I used to believe he was alive as well. But now I'm not so sure because who can keep so quiet about this. I mean I'm surprised that even a friend of a friend's wouldn't have said anything by now.

I wish I could find the article in which I came across this theory but... I remember reading theories that he might have been passed off to a well known cult, that Amy had some possible involvement with, that operated behind the Dells at that time. It could also explain why, if he was not killed, he has not been found.
I think the reality is ... that he may never be found. I have my suspicions that Amy was schizophrenic and her husbands words were completely overblown; thus why she had to hide him. I might be incorrect however, I have a hard time believing that he was ever abusive to her.

I hope he is found in my lifetime...regardless of if he's dead or alive. The family needs closure.

The Dells angle doesn't play out as she was enroute with Timmothy heading south. It's after she made the call to reassure her family that she put her plan into place. This window, about 5 hours, is where he went missing and her clothes changed. She clearly had to change her clothes as they became an integral part of what would have tied her to the crime. Somewhere along the route she disposed of her clothing.

The vehicle did retain some of the environment she was in during these 5 hours. I have a feeling one day hunters will stumble upon Timmothy's remains very close to where the pollen and dirt on the truck indicated where she had been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme