IL IL - Timmothy Fry-Pitzen, 6, Aurora, 13 May 2011 - mom found dead - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Illinois boy, 14, found more than 300 miles away from home claims he is missing child who vanished seven years ago after his mom's suicide – and says he 'escaped his kidnappers by fleeing from a Cincinnati motel and running until he got to Kentucky'

11827920-6883359-image-a-53_1554323795430.jpg

11827894-6883359-image-a-59_1554323851290.jpg

The last known images of Pitzen and his mother were captured on CCTV, checking out of the Kalahari Resort, in Wisconsin Dells

11827924-6883359-In_an_interview_with_People_in_2015_Timmothy_s_dad_James_Pitzen_-a-3_1554349323817.jpg

In an interview with People in 2015, Timmothy's dad, James Pitzen (left), described his son as a 'little mini-me' and vowed to never give up searching for him

Timmothy Pitzen: Boy found in Kentucky could be missing Illinois child | Daily Mail Online

The boy said he was able to escape his captors, the report states, and flee into the Kentucky area.

That's where police found the boy Wednesday afternoon -- on the west side of Newport. According to Newport police, authorities were called to the area for the boy's "suspicious" behavior.

“He looked out of place. He looked scared. He was lost,” said Fray Knight, who saw the boy in Newport. “Two ladies were sitting there in a car, and somehow he motioned to them to call police.”

Police talked to the boy, and put him in a police cruiser.

Feds investigating if boy found in NKY is child missing since 2011

According to our partners at NBC 5 Chicago, a note left behind by Amy Fry Pitzen in the motel said her 6-year-old son was safe in someone's care, but she did not indicate who that person was.

Amy Fry Pitzen's cellphone was notably absent following her suicide, but in 2013, detectives received a call. A woman said she had actually found the cellphone two years earlier at the side of an Illinois road, Route 78, between Mount Carroll and Stockton.

Everything we know about the disappearance of Timmothy Pitzen

In brief: Everything we know about Timmothy Pitzen

Timmothy Pitzen was a tow-headed 6-year-old on May 11, 2011, when his mother picked him up early from kindergarten at Greenman Elementary School. It was a family emergency, Amy Fry-Pitzen told his teachers.

That wouldn’t be true until the following day, when Pitzen’s father reported the pair missing. Jim Pitzen had known his marriage to Fry-Pitzen was in trouble, he later told True Crime Daily, but had never anticipated a vanishing act. His calls to her went straight to voicemail.

Fry-Pitzen would be discovered dead May 14 in a Rockford, Illinois motel room. The knife she had used to take her own life was covered in her blood — no one else's.

Her suicide note assured readers Timmothy was safe but would never be found.

Woman says boy found in NKY, possibly missing for years, was acting ‘fidgety’

Woman says boy found in NKY, possibly missing for years, was acting ‘fidgety’

Police say at this moment they aren’t sure he is who he says he is. They don’t believe he is a missing person from the Tri-State.
No officials will confirm whether the boy is claiming to be Pitzen.
A source says DNA is being rushed to the lab and they hope to have it back at some point Wednesday.

Fascinating story. I’m not hoping it’s Timmothy, since it may turn out he’s a troubled kid with a wild imagination but a loving family. But if it is Timmothy, I’m glad his hell is finally over.

I’m skeptical it’s Timmothy. I followed this case years ago, and it was clear that investigators thought it was probable his mom had murdered him, and had been planning it for many months, which made finding the body difficult.

I also find it unlikely his mom’s family would go to such lengths to hide him, or that she would’ve passed him on to traffickers. Plus, the kid who claims he’s Timmothy has a wild story. Reports are that he couldn’t provide any details about the hotel he escaped from, and that his first words basiclly were he wanted to get home — weird for somebody who would’ve had little memory of home.

But if this wild story is true, I wish the best to him and his family - it’ll be a difficult journey no doubt, but it’ll be worth it.

A source says DNA is being rushed to the lab and they hope to have it back at some point Wednesday.

Wednesday? I wonder if the article meant to say Thursday? But if it's correct, then they already know by now. I have a feeling I'll be refreshing here and checking the news a lot, today.

I hope I'm wrong, but IMO the mother sold him.

In her troubled mind she thought it was the best thing for him, took him on a holiday that he would remember her by, then gave him up.

I'm of the opinion that it is him and I hope for his families sake it is.

Fascinating story. I’m not hoping it’s Timmothy, since it may turn out he’s a troubled kid with a wild imagination but a loving family. But if it is Timmothy, I’m glad his hell is finally over.

I’m skeptical it’s Timmothy. I followed this case years ago, and it was clear that investigators thought it was probable his mom had murdered him, and had been planning it for many months, which made finding the body difficult.

I also find it unlikely his mom’s family would go to such lengths to hide him, or that she would’ve passed him on to traffickers. Plus, the kid who claims he’s Timmothy has a wild story. Reports are that he couldn’t provide any details about the hotel he escaped from, and that his first words basiclly were he wanted to get home — weird for somebody who would’ve had little memory of home.

But if this wild story is true, I wish the best to him and his family - it’ll be a difficult journey no doubt, but it’ll be worth it.
First, if the boy is Timmothy, he has not received any schooling since he was 6. It was reported that he seems to have a disability. That would be logical for someone kidnapped at the age of 6 who would’ve experienced a life of torture and violation by countless of men. He gave a detailed description of it being a Red Roof Inn and what the two men looked like. He mentioned he had been traded through multiple people. Two witnesses who saw him described his face as bruised. The cars had Wisconsin plates and he was kidnapped in WI as well. Human trafficking does not surprise me in this case.

Last edited:
Dan Griffin WLWT‏Verified account @DanGriffinWLWT

#NOW: Newport Police say they are working to ID a boy who was spotted and reported by a neighbor in Newport’s west end. He is believed to be 14, trying to figure out who he is. #wlwt @wlwt

#NOW: Newport Police say they have been working with FBI, Aurora, IL Police, other agencies. Police chief says this isn’t a cut and dry thing. They’ve been working on this since about 8 a.m., according to NPD chief. #wlwt @wlwt

#NOW: NPD took the boy, believed to be 14 to Cincinnati Children’s Hospital. Police wouldn’t confirm what would happen at the hospital, or what methods would be used to ID the boy. #wlwt @wlwt

#NOW: At least one source telling me there *IS* a level of skepticism right now. #wlwt @wlwt

#NOW: Sharonville PD telling me they got a call from Campbell County officials inquiring about a 14yo boy who said he was abducted years ago and had been to a Red Roof Inn in the area... but police agencies found nothing. #wlwt @wlwt

#NOW: We are being told the family of missing boy Timmothy Pitzen from Chicago area, has been told police from Aurora, IL are coming to Cincinnati area. Pitzen has been missing since 2011. #wlwt @wlwt

D3QMMKLWkAI7LSX.jpg

#NOW: Pitzen’s maternal grandma: "We're being told very little. We just know a 14-year-old boy was found and went to the police. When we know something I'll be happy to talk to people...” (1/2) #wlwt @wlwt

#NOW: “... We don't want to get our hopes up and our family's hopes up until we know something. We just don't want to get our hopes up. We've had false reports and false hopes before." (2/2) #wlwt @wlwt

#NOW: Sharonville PD says officials got a call from Campbell County asking officers to go check a Red Roof Inn in the area for a Timmothy Pitzen earlier today. Nothing found. #wlwt @wlwt

#NOW #VIDEO: A neighbor who saw the boy this morning talked with us about it. She says he was bruised in the face, scared and didn’t want to approach anyone. #wlwt @wlwt

(Video at link)

#NOW: Just talked with a neighbor who says the boy who claims he is Timmothy Pitzen asked “Can you help me?” She says he was afraid of everyone else, but for some reason was comfortable talking with her. She called 911. #wlwt @wlwt

#NOW: She says he told her he’d been passed around over and over again by people he didn’t know. She said he told her he’d been kidnapped. #wlwt @wlwt

#NEW #PHOTO: Here’s a photo of the boy a neighbor took this morning. I blurred his face. #wlwt @wlwt

D3QytixXsAAqjqV.jpg

I hope I'm wrong, but IMO the mother sold him.

In her troubled mind she thought it was the best thing for him, took him on a holiday that he would remember her by, then gave him up.

I'm of the opinion that it is him and I hope for his families sake it is.
By sold him do you mean for drugs?
I can’t help but wonder if the mother abused substances and had bad friends. Friends that were drug dealers and/or tricked her into giving him up so that he would be trafficked.

It has been an unbelievable evening.

#NEW at 11PM: A Newport woman we talked with said the boy, who claims he's Timmothy Pitzen, who vanished in 2011, was spotted on Columbia Street. "He walked up to my car, and he went, 'Can you help me? I just want to get home. Can you just please help me?'" #wlwt @wlwt

D3RZoZtW0AE6wCF.jpg

#NEW at 11PM: The woman was shaken and teary-eyed thinking about the boy she met by chance on Wednesday morning. "His face looked like he'd been beat up or something. He had a really big bruise on his face. I just was really, I was hurt for him." #wlwt @wlwt

#NEW at 11PM: The woman told me he asked her to please help. She called 911. "They asked me to ask his name, and he told me his name was Timmothy Pitzen." #wlwt @wlwt

#NEW at 11PM: We showed neighbors pictures of Pitzen and they said the boy they saw looks like him. One neighbor said the boy she saw today looked much more mature, like 'he'd been through a lot.' #wlwt @wlwt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper