IL IL - Valerie Percy, 21, Kenilworth, 18 September 1966

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing someone with that much money can build such a place and at the same time demolish the oldest farmhouses in the area, one that went back at least to the Civil War and was said to have sheltered survivors of perhaps the worst shipwreck in Great Lakes history.

If think the greatest things about having that kind of coin would be the ability to preserve history, not destroy it. Hedge fund trader *GIVES THE FINGER*

That is the document I uncovered. I looked Mrs. Hohf up. The Trib's supposed to run a story on it but they have yet to. I don't know why they have not run it yet. Maybe tomorrow.

You're quick Lucky, but no, the story and video were made for and by the Trib.

Thanks for posting.. an interesting article with some pictures I hadn't seen before.

This is also an interesting story, about another murder (actually, triple homicide) that occurred about a mile north of the Percy's former home, in Winnetka some 20 plus years later.

It shares some chilling similarities with the Percy case, like method of entry (glass and screen cut) during the home invasion, and wild theories by local cops.

http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/the-irish-connection/Content?oid=879458

Anyone have any names from the Cook County Medical Examiner's office in this case?

When I get a chance I can check all the newpaper articles I have. But I don't remember seeing one.

I found them. Bargle listed them early on in this thread.

Great. I thought I had mentioned them somewhere, but hadn't had time to look.

I see the bloody glove found in the yard was reportedly a driving glove. This tells me the killer was either wealthy, from wealth, or raised among the wealthy. Your average person, or a burglar, aren't driving gloves types. That said, I believe the killer was a North Shore resident.

Anyone read The Home Invaders, a book related to this case? I'd buy it but don't know if I have $99 plus shipping for a used paperback. Sorry it's not downloadable.

I've read it, but I don't think it's worth $99. You might try seeing if your local library has it or can get it for you through the inter-library loan system. That's how I got a copy to read.

Pictures, "new" to me and probably to others, from the Percy case.

Also, reading the notes of the doctor who lived next door, he said Valerie's face was almost unrecognizable, it was damaged so badly. Made me think both of Cheri Bates being kicked in the face, just one month later, and EAR/ONS victims like Janelle Cruz in May 1986, also described as having faces unrecognizable.

What is interesting is that the Percy murder happens when Ted Kaczynski is in the Chicago area, and the Bates murder happens when it appears he is in California for job interviews. Cruz murder also occurs when he is out of Montana and told brother he would be in "warm weather state".

Whoever killed Valerie, I think there is a tremendous hatred of women, a drive to destroy their beauty, by destroying their face. Horrible. And it reinforces my belief that this was not the act of a professional thief. This was a psychopath.

Pictures:
Aerial view of Percy Mansion
Diagram of Killers Path
Sharon Percy, Valerie's twin sister, at murder scene
Scouts search for clues

percy_10.jpg

percy_11.jpg

sharon10.jpg

scouts10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online