IL IL - Veronica Blumhorst, 21, Mendota, 20 Sep 1990

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know of any stores that carried them but there were some rarer formats back then also like movies on 8mm tape and CD-i.

I was wrong about 1990 movies on CD-i. That format for movies didn't go on public sale until 1991.

Thank you everyone for your input. I am normally on top of her case, but I was recently diagnosed with a rare genetic cancer and now have been hospitalized / in a rehab to learn to walk again for about 2 months. Her case is very important to me but now I have to fight for my life to heal and continue in my search.

Yes, there were a few abductions in the area tat year. Her case isn't attached to any of those. I have the police report and the interview the boyfriend gave was extremely strange and he goes up to the line od admission, but always said that "i could have...." he stated he had memory lapses often- we never noticed any kind of memory loss in the 6 months we knew him. We know who, probably why, but we have no body and no evidence attaching him to the crime.

We think he waited in his car behind our house that had 3 other large garages surrounding it so he was hidden. They were getting along at the time as well...so we thought. Her purse, movie, and smock are all missing as well. S he went willingly with whoever she went and would NOT have gone with a stranger.

Wear looking int other ways to get ground penetrating radar in there and a way to bypass the police that have her case.

Firstly I'd like to say that I think you are a strong and determined person for following your sister's case and working so hard in trying to find out what happened to her. Not only that, with your diagnosis, I cannot imagine how difficult it must be for you. It's always truly sad to see a family suffer so much and not get the answers that they deserve, especially in cases like these. Anyway, to comment on the case, I'd just like to reflect on what you've said before and offer my own personal observations, most of which are obviously flawed and mostly speculative in nature...

As you’ve said before, you believe that her boyfriend or someone she knew may have had something to do with her disappearance, and IMO, these do seem like strong possibilities. I do think that she went willingly because she took her smock, keys, and purse. If a stranger abducted her all of those items might still be in the car; not only that, there was no struggle. If a stranger attacked her there most likely would have been a struggle and/or trace evidence, blood, or things of that nature. I'm not ruling out the possibility that it could have been a stranger, but with these circumstances, it seems more likely that it was someone she knew and would be comfortable going with. Not only that, this person must have known around what time Veronica usually gets home from work or was waiting like you suggested for her to arrive home. Maybe Veronica planned to leave with this person or told this person to meet her at the house when she got home. Also, it's been said that Veronica's mother saw Veronica's car pull into the garage, that Veronica got out of the car, locked the doors, and left with this person who was waiting for her. What I’m wondering is, would it be normal for Veronica to just leave at night without saying anything, without even letting her parents know where she was going? This might suggest that Veronica trusted this person enough to take her home the next day when she was planning on going to the doctor, shopping with her sister, and giving her brother a ride to school. I also found that a change of clothes was found in Veronica’s car. This makes me speculate that maybe she didn’t plan on spending the night wherever she was going, otherwise I think she would’ve taken the clothes.

Now, the prevailing theory of Veronica's disappearance is that she arrived home and saw that someone was waiting for her. This could have been anyone really, but the questions remain.... would she get in the car with a co-worker, acquaintance, friend? Seeing as you said that she would most likely only get into the car with someone she knew very well, I'm just going to go ahead and assume (big speculation here), that it was her boyfriend, seeing as she knew him pretty well and I guess it’s fair to say that she would have trusted him enough to leave with him this late at night. Well at this point, let’s hypothetically say that her boyfriend was the one responsible for her disappearance. Even if he was, that doesn't necessarily mean that her body is going to be on his property. It might be, but it's not confirmed. And another question, why would he want to hurt her? Well, maybe they got into an altercation for some reason. It’s been mentioned/speculated that they were on good terms but others say that they had a volatile relationship. Personally, I think that her boyfriend knows something. Not only do I find it strange that he wasn’t entirely clear on his whereabouts that night, I also find it odd that he doesn't remember what happened that night. You'd think her boyfriend, someone who cared about her, spent time with her, would recall the night that she went missing. This is also speculation, of course, but I've seen a few cases where a suspect in a case seems to answer questions well and have a very good memory, but suddenly when the topic of a missing person comes up, they suddenly begin to have “selective” answers of what happened that day/night, they fumble with answers, they may not say anything at all. People might think that's normal. However, to me, this is strange behavior because significant events tend to be remembered very clearly and vividly. And she disappeared that night. That's not just an everyday occurrence. I don't know that may be just me but he does seem to be hiding something. Like I said before, all this is mostly speculation, but I definitely don’t think that her case is impossible to solve. There is someone out there who saw something, heard something, or knows something. The circumstances lead me to believe it had to be her boyfriend or someone that she was comfortable leaving with at the time. That’s pretty much all I can infer based on the information given.

I am incredibly sad to share that Todd Blumhorst passed away this morning. He has, at long last, rejoined his sister. His legacy is an inspiration to all who knew him. Thank you for sharing your strength, Todd.

I am incredibly sad to share that Todd Blumhorst passed away this morning. He has, at long last, rejoined his sister. His legacy is an inspiration to all who knew him. Thank you for sharing your strength, Todd.

This completely breaks my heart. Thank you for letting us know. What a glorious reunion between a brother who never gave up on finding his sister.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

A devastating case!

Such courage for Veronica's brother Todd who worked so hard, despite his illness, to find out what happened to Veronica. May they be at peace.

My suspicion like many, is on that of her boyfriend. I have a question. Regarding Charlie Project's account of Veronika's case:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/blumhorst_veronica.html

It is stated that her boyfriend was involved in a motorcycle accident? Was this verified through medical records? Or could this have been in of itself a story that he made up to try to use this an a false excuse to LE in an attempt to distance himself as a suspect in Veronica's case? Did he take a polygraph? Did he change his story over the years about his version of events in the case, or stick to his version of events? Is it known when the last time was that the boyfriend communicated with anyone about the case?

If the motorcycle accident IS true, how far apart did this happen in relation to the time that Veronica disappeared?

Satch

http://www.bcrnews.com/2014/10/27/what-happened-to-veronica-blumhorst/ahdauyk/

Veronica had been seeing her boyfriend for two years. Although she had dated other guys in the past, none had been serious. Even though Veronica was quite taken with her boyfriend, Paul wasn’t as enamored. “I had my doubts. Let’s put it that way,” he said...

His subsequent behavior was also a little unusual, according to Paul. “The boyfriend stayed at our place for three days after,” Paul said. “Every time the phone rang he would try and answer it.”

Punishing the person who took Veronica away from the Blumhorst family is not the family’s priority. “If the person who did it would contact me and say this is where Veronica is located, I don’t care if they are punished,” Paul said. “I feel like the man upstairs is going to take care of that.”

"Family talks 25 years after disappearance of daughter Blumhorst"

Blue ribbons flutter in the breeze outside some Mendota homes this week. The ribbons commemorate the 25th anniversary of the disappearance of Veronica Blumhorst.

The one thing that hasn’t changed? A resolution in the case.

“Being honest, the only way I think we’re going to get an answer is a deathbed confession,” her father, Paul Blumhorst, said.

It was 25 years ago when the 21-year-old parked her car after work and was never seen again.

The News Tribune article might be behind a subscription view only.

http://newstrib.com/main.asp?SectionID=2&SubSectionID=27&ArticleID=46579

Was the boyfriend injured before or after Veronica disappeared?

From all I've read, it sounds like something in the past. Maybe not the "oh-so-distant" past, but before her disappearance.

Plus the situation/extent of the injury needs to be taken into account. I was in a car wreck that put me in a 5-day coma just after Halloween 1997. After I was out of my coma, I was "functioning" but I can only remember bits and pieces of the next 6-mos. I can remember what I had for supper the night of my wreck, yet the next few months are a blur... If you're questioning what his mindset would be at that time.

I’m sorry, I know these questions are old...but, bumping for Veronica.

Re: Satch

It is stated that her boyfriend was involved in a motorcycle accident? Was this verified through medical records? Or could this have been in of itself a story that he made up to try to use this an a false excuse to LE in an attempt to distance himself as a suspect in Veronica's case?

From what I have read, no medical records to confirm the motorcycle accident, but his parents confirmed it. Per Veronica’s family, through reading their FB posts/comments, they never saw a “memory problem” in the 6 months they knew him as Veronica’s BF.

Did he take a polygraph?

I have read (on the Facebook group) that the family was told that he did take a polygraph and did not pass. However, there’s been no conclusive proof or report that he did actually take a polygraph.

Did he change his story over the years about his version of events in the case, or stick to his version of events?

I believe that he basically framed it as, he had a “lapse in memory” from that night. I don’t think he has a concrete alibi for the whole night. When he did talk to police, he was framing his answers as “Maybe I had blacked out and this is what happened...” or “If I did do it...” and also said stuff along the lines of him finding out she was pregnant and him snapping. I don’t think it was very long after she went missing that he lawyered up and quit talking.

Is it known when the last time was that the boyfriend communicated with anyone about the case?

I don’t know if anyone knows that, but in the Facebook group, there is much speculation and belief that he watches/reads everything on the page.

If the motorcycle accident IS true, how far apart did this happen in relation to the time that Veronica disappeared?

I want to say at least 5 years...I think it was when he was a freshman in high school, but I’m not completely sure on that. It had been years, though, not recent to the time Veronica went missing.

I am posting the link below to a 7 part series written by a local journalist that’s pretty well detailed, and also shares new information I believe.

Search results for “Veronica Blumhorst”

I am also posting the link to the Facebook group should anyone like to help get this family some closure.

Remember Veronica Jill Blumhorst

Marissa just released an episode of her podcast “The Vanished” about Veronica Blumhorst. Here’s a link. She’s the latest episode.

The Vanished Podcast

I just listened to the Podcast. I hope one day they can find her. Since she was adopted, they don't have DNA on file for her. The Police Dept apparently lost the sheets from her bed that they collected. Was the PD covering up for one of their own or was it the boyfriend?

The FBI has taken on this case now! Sounds like there’s a lot afoot. Fingers are being pointed at a local cop and neighbor of the Blumhorsts. Fingers crossed for some resolution to this case!!

True Crime Garage has a 2-part podcast about Veronica that went online Tuesday. I am familiar with Mendota, IL and it caught my attention as you never hear of this small town. Fingers crossed that her family has closure soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal
Back