GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then his initials are M.A.M

I'm not accusing anyone, just worrisome that his past conviction was Unlawful Restraint

I hope LE is having heavy talks with her little brother (heavy but not interrogatory). It's clear he witnessed whatever caused her to leave the house if he pointed right at the front door when asked where she was.

Actually, my Facebook friend lives in Watson. I didn't even realize that. He's a nice guy. If he isn't at work or something, he's probably searching. For the record, he does NOT have a local RSO as one of his friends but may be related by marriage to one local RSO.

Then his initials are M.A.M

I'm not accusing anyone, just worrisome that his past conviction was Unlawful Restraint

I hope LE is having heavy talks with her little brother (heavy but not interrogatory). It's clear he witnessed whatever caused her to leave the house if he pointed right at the front door when asked where she was.

He no longer lives in the area. Not sure if we should post on him.

I don't know what the weather was like today. But a friend of mine spent the day in St. Louis and mentioned rain before the ballgame. So I imagine there was a front that went through during the day.

It is very humid tonight.

KSDK mentioned Willow at least twice tonight on the 10pm news (which ran late) and said they would have more on their website but I don't see anything. Maybe I'm overlooking it. http://www.ksdk.com/

People are posting about it on KSDK's Facebook though, including a missing post. I'm not sure if I can link the FB but you can get there through a link at the bottom of KSDK's site.

http://effinghamdailynews.com/local/x250210087/Police-search-for-missing-Watson-girl

This article gives me goosebumps. The roots of our identity as a country are still firmly planted in small towns. Bless these people.

This is something I neglected to mention. This is the heartland. You won't find better people on the face of the Earth. These people help each other. I've seen a dozen farmers bring in the crop for a family unable to harvest it. I've seen people take their dogs to the vet to give blood for a wounded family pet.

http://effinghamdailynews.com/local/x250210087/Police-search-for-missing-Watson-girl

This article gives me goosebumps. The roots of our identity as a country are still firmly planted in small towns. Bless these people.

Good article. At this point, it looks like they don't suspect anyone is involved, just that she went outside for some reason and got lost. Good to see they're searching through the night.

More than 400 volunteers! Probably not all from Watson, but that's almost half of their town's population!

The other problem is the state of the crops. This late in the season, corn and bean stalks are high, making locating Long difficult, even for the recently dispatched ATV, horse and search dog patrols. However, helicopters and airplanes equipped with infrared search equipment able to locate heat were used to better locate Long once night had fallen and the weather cooled off.

As the evening progressed, more and more people arrived at Watson fire station, which served as a staging area for the search. Some volunteered for all-night shifts, as fatigue started to set in on first responders. Others brought food, water and flashlights.
http://effinghamdailynews.com/local...-for-missing-Watson-girl#sthash.9DZur46j.dpuf

UPDATE: Authorities Searching for Missing Watson Girl

A 7-year old girl is missing from Watson, and authorities are asking for help in locating her.

The Effingham County Sheriff's Department say they're searching for 7-year old Willow Long of Watson. Police tell us the girl walked away from her home on Circle Drive in Watson Sunday morning after an argument with her mother, and has not been seen since

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-lo...authorities-searching-for-missing-watson-girl

I thought that was terribly young to storm off, too. I've got 5 kids and they never pulled that until they were 14+...

Praying all is ok here. *sigh*

I find it very strange that she left the home after an argument. At 7 years old?? I hope this precious girl is ok. I am suspicious though.

11:30PM UPDATE: Authorities say they will call in all volunteers at 1am. Police will resume air searches at 1:30am using thermal imaging. Public volunteers may report back at 6am to the Watson Fire Station. Through the night, officials will continue to search in teams for Willow, using ATVs, patrol vehicles and foot searches.

Effingham County Sheriff John Monnet also confirmed that Effingham County Dive Rescue has been dispatched to a pond north of Watson that has "small footprints all the way around it". Search dogs did not hit on these footprints, but Monnet said the pond will be searched in the continued effort to locate the 7-year old Long, who walked away from her residence more than 12 hours ago.

Below is video from a press conference ealier this evening. We apologize for the delay in getting it online, internet speeds in Watson are an issue.

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-local-news/7442-authorities-searching-for-missing-watson-girl

Snipped.................................................

10PM UPDATE: Authorities tell us they are about to begin a search north of Chaparral Subdivision, in grid-formation, based on earlier tracking dogs indications of possible northern travel by Long. They also tell us they have enough side-by-side's and 4-wheelers.

.................................................................................................

Monnet said Long was wearing a lavendar oversize shirt, bearing the "Betty Boop" emblem. Authorities think she might have gone barefoot. Monnet said tracking dog seemed to indicate she may have traveled toward Effingham, perhaps along the railroad tracks.

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-lo...authorities-searching-for-missing-watson-girl

I'm not blaming anyone specifically, all I know is that I 100% do not believe Willow ever left that house by herself. I believe she may have left voluntarily with someone...but I don't believe she ran away.

I ran away a lot as a little girl (for 10 minutes at a time..too scared to be alone to be gone longer than that) and my main goal was to prove to everyone that I wasn't a little girl and I could take care of myself and didn't need to be treated like a kid, etc. I never left the house in nothing but a T-shirt (oversized or otherwise) and I certainly never left without my shoes. I always knew exactly where I was headed (friend's, relative's, my school's playground, the market, etc). I always grabbed 1 favored toy and snuck something from the kitchen pantry (cup of jello or a cracker package, etc).

They're saying a 7 year old child was mad at mommy and left the house by herself wearing nothing but an oversized shirt, no shoes, left her glasses and nothing else is missing (that we've been told). 7 year olds plan their escape...7 year olds don't push open doors willy-nilly and race off without preparation. People don't give kids that age enough credit to have the common sense to grab things they'll need. I did every time I ran off.

Has Willow just "run off" prior to this? There's been no mention of this being a normal practice for her.

There has been nothing at all (that I can find) stated in any of the newscasts or interviews, etc...that indicate Willow was mentally impaired in any way, and judging only from her pictures, she looks like a capable and intelligent little girl.

Was she really barefoot? How far could she get with bare feet? That does not sound right. I hope they check that pond, despite the lack of the dogs hitting there.

We are getting two conflicting stories. One is that mom was not feeling well and took a nap. When she woke up, the girl was missing. The other story is that there was an argument, and the little girl ran off.

Do we know yet the last independent sighting of Willow? TIA.

We are getting two conflicting stories. One is that mom was not feeling well and took a nap. When she woke up, the girl was missing. The other story is that there was an argument, and the little girl ran off.
In this case, I can see how both stories could be true. For example, what if Willow wanted to do something/go somewhere and her mother told her no because she wasn't feeling well? Willow could have gotten upset and left on her own while mom was napping.

It has been stated the argument occurred that day, but if mother says she checked on Willow and little brother around 8:45am and they were watching TV, so she went back to bed because she didn't feel well. Back to bed would only mean that she would have to have been *IN* bed prior to going *back* to bed, would it not? If she were in bed prior to 8:45am...and checking on them at 10-something am ..noticed Willow was no longer there. This argument would have had to take place at some point prior to 8:45am if it took place that day as has been reported. How did an argument take place prior to 8:45am if she went *back* to bed from being in bed...?

In this case, I can see how both stories could be true. For example, what if Willow wanted to do something/go somewhere and her mother told her no because she wasn't feeling well? Willow could have gotten upset and left on her own while mom was napping.

Of course both "stories" could be true, and likely are. Even more likely, they're not two different stories, but two tellings of the same story. Nothing worse than a sick parent and a bored kiddo. Typically my kids are sympathetic, but that's because I'm rarely sick so when I am, they know I'm serious. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop