GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Circle Drive looks more like a driveway than a road. I suspect that it might be a private road and that a family may have multiple homes on that road.

FB can reveal a lot, hope you guys are checking everything out closely, you know, friends of friends of friends, criminal records, that kind of thing (of course, no posting about this allowed). Right now is an important time, because often stuff is quickly deleted. Just sayin. I've come across a lot of stuff on fb in the initial stages which quickly disappeared but turned out to be possibly significant later. So, keep your eyes wide open!

CD registered Willow for school on August 2nd because that was the day to register kids with last names L-Z. CD posted she was registering her that day...so we know she's not homeschooled. There's also been a news release stating that there will be counselors on hand at the South Side Elementary School for both teachers and students.

Can anyone verify that Willow was in attendance at school on Friday, September 6th? I believe she goes to South Side Elementary in the Edgewood building? Anyone see her on Saturday? It shouldn't be that difficult to verify whether or not she was in attendance on Friday, and if anything strange occurred.

There was a "Ronald McDonald" costumed character at South Side Elementary on September 5th (Thursday) - anyone know who the person in the costume was?

It's a new school year - anyone she had recently befriended? Someone with whom she may have shelter?

I know the Ronald McDonald thing is a bit "over the top" but in my opinion, if there's a visitor to a school in a town of 700-800 people...who isn't normally there - I don't care if it's Santa Claus, it deserves a little looksee.

Lastly, she didn't disappear in the middle of the night according to her mother. She went missing sometime between 8:45 and 10:49am (when her mother called the police).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GMWhqyQ5QuQ

...you can certainly try...but you will never be able to convince me that a little redheaded girl wearing a large shirt and no shoes was not seen by ANYONE in a community of only 700-800 people. Someone would have ruddy seen her walking around. Perhaps they wouldn't have asked her what she was doing, but knowing she's missing (and you know as well as I do the whole town knows she's missing by now...small towns like that, you fart and everyone knows it)...someone would have come forward and said they saw her walking. Middle of the morning? H-I-n-k-y

I'm afraid there is some horrible reason why the tracking dogs couldn't follow Willow's scent and locate her. :(

Watch the Myth Busters show with tracking dogs (Hair of the Dog episode). The guy washed off with scent-removing rinse. He put on a thick, sterile suit and helmet. Then he put on a reversed respirator to block the scent of his exhalations. All openings in his sterile suit were taped shut.

Someone else sprayed a fake trail with this guy's old bathwater to confuse the tracking dog, but it wasn't fooled. The tracking dog found the subject very easily. Here are 2 minutes of this program:
MythBusters - Scent of a Hyneman | Hair of the Dog - YouTube

Everything re: search dogs is so multifaceted, and can be rather complex...different types of dogs, etc...(air scent, cadaver, etc. etc.) They are good, but not always 100% depending on many factors...

I know in the Somer Thompson case, the dogs were not much help because she walked that same path twice a day, five days a week. The dogs did hit on her scent, but they were not sure if it was from the day she went missing, or days before. I have no idea what kind of searching dogs they were.

I know in the Somer Thompson case, the dogs were not much help because she walked that same path twice a day, five days a week. The dogs did hit on her scent, but they were not sure if it was from the day she went missing, or days before. I have no idea what kind of searching dogs they were.

sooooo many factors and variables...

Indeed. If we were a little, angry 7 yr old girl, where would we go? A play ground, park, treehouse, friend's house...I'm wondering if she had access to a cellphone before she left, and maybe called a friend, but one would think LE would know this by now?

I would go to the woods. You can be alone and cool off, but there is always something to see...animals, birds, insects doing their thing...you can be alone but not bored. And that was back in the 1980s lol! Now kids have all that plus pocket-sized games and iPods.

(omg I sound like such an old woman lol.)

Anyway - that's where I would go.

Where can I find Willow's Scanner thread? I found it a bit ago but now I seem to have lost it. I am brand new here to this forum and I'm having navigation troubles.

[Edit] Nevermind, I found it.

Praying for Willow to be found.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Okay, I'm not trying to sound cruel, but Sheriff Monnet has me mega-PO'd. In this entire interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GMWhqyQ5QuQ he's all over the runaway story being the absolute, infallible gospel...it's maddening.

What we are being told:

A 7 yo with bright red hair walked off down the street in broad daylight long enough to get lost - yet nobody saw her to report it, in a tiny town of 700(ish) people.
Hearsay

Police say she walked away from her house. Really? Says who? Speculation

Little brother was asked where Willow was and he just pointed to the front door.
Hearsay

Sheriff Monet says he thinks she might have wanted to have an adventure like the princess in the movie she was watching that morning, The Princess and the Frog. Seriously, Sheriff Monet?! She's SEVEN years old, not four. Speculation

The fact of the matter is, the only concrete evidence the general public has been informed of is that Willow is missing.

I hope I'm wrong, and going off my rocker for absolutely no reason and she will be very embarrassed when she's found and she'll say "Well...I got lost." That would be awesome, but that LE they have down there BETTER be doing something more than simply looking for a runaway. Every moment they spend not looking into every single possible scenario is one more moment the window closes a little more.

This is my first time to this forum and I have no idea how you people sleep - at all. I didn't know a site like this existed. I can't sleep now. I'm not buying any of it.

Feeling so bad for Mum right now. Many moons ago when my kids were 1 and 3, I went back to bed after giving them breakfast and awoke to them missing. Thankfully we had a shared drive and they had found a sand pile at my neighbours and were happily playing in it. We were only 3 doors from the main road. I so hope Willow is found safe soon

Hmm.

I hope Willow is found safe and sound. Realistically how far could she have gotten in bare feet and no glasses?

The strange thing I have found about mom's Facebook:
The last post by her or by a friend posting her page was on Sept. 5.

Clearly, everyone in their town knows that Willow is missing and not a single
person posted -praying for you, or find Willow, or how can I help?

Strange.

I'd like to think no-one has time to post as they are all searching for Willow

...small towns like that, you fart and everyone knows it)...someone would have come forward and said they saw her walking. Middle of the morning? H-I-n-k-y

Yeah, the walking away scenario is a bit too implausible and not the only possibility that comes to mind if the 3-yr old's response to the question of where his sister went can be trusted. Since she wasn't immediately found yesterday with the entire village out looking for her in army grid style, then I expect that the story of what might have happened will change today.

Did someone come to the door and pick her up? The little brother might know, but ooooh, he's so young. :(

I agree that police should explore every avenue. Sometimes, police play stupid to avoid tipping off persons of interest. Sometimes, police really are stupid. And sometimes 7-year-old girls really do wander off under the strangest circumstances. There's no way for us to know for sure what police are truly thinking and doing, and that's what can be exasperating about these cases.

I think a lot of us agree that this situation seems odd. That's not surprising. Many missing persons cases are mildly to extremely bizarre. All we can do is go over the facts and make inferences. With this case, there is plenty that points to something other than a girl getting lost while wandering away from home.

She may have gone to meet someone. She might have decided to go on a short trip to visit another family member or to buy a soda at the gas station.

One thing I don't believe is that she wandered into a corn field. That doesn't strike me as something a 7-year-old girl would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop