GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the little brother knows all and I think there is a very specific reason he's not talking. He's not that young. Three year olds can and do speak in complete sentences. Sheriff Monnet says "the little boy/brother doesn't talk much". They need to be wondering why.

I wonder if she could possibly be in a house belonging to someone she knows. There was a case recently where a boy was found under a bed in a neighbor's home. I really hope she is found soon. :(

Was Willow in school on Friday? We know that she was registered from her mom's (CR) fb page where she says the registration thing would be "unfortunate", " the most tedious thing ever", "all those lines and forms ... and other children".

I have a bad feeling. And I usually don't post speculation to these threads, just read them.

When my DD was seven, she got mad at me and " ran away". I looked out the window. There she sat at our property line, at the and of the driveway, wearing her backpack(she had packed it with her favorite toys and a few snacks). I sent one of her brothers out to ask her what she was doing. He came back and reported that she was mad atme and running away. But that was as far as she could go because she wasnt allowed to get on the road or leave our yard w/o permission. I watched while she sat there awhile, then sent him to bring her in. She flounced off to her room and sulked a bit, then all was good in her world. And THAT is how a seven year old runs away!

Emergency crews lining Rt. 37 in Watson. Working to find 7-year-old Willow Long--missing since Sun. morning.

BTt-RmICMAA0Uls.jpg

https://twitter.com/WCIA3Jillian/status/377033834723676161/photo/1

How do we websleuthers sleep? Most of the time, I can't.

Last night I was :offtobed:

Then I saw Willow's thread, and I was off to make :coffee:

Day 2 and mom's facebook still does not have any well-wishers or worriers posting.
Makes me want to post on her page-- Praying for Willow's safe return!

It is not that uncommon with regard to FB. FB has a specific setting that allows only the FB user of that page to post to their own wall - not visitors or friends. The option is changeable as well as the option to post comments to posts...it's most likely blocked. Mine is...always has been.

She didn't just huff off. And...I 100% agree with Kilarney Rose. That's exactly what happens when a typical 7 yo runs away. I did it often enough, I would know. =/

That being said...we don't know if Willow was a typical 7 yo because no information about her has been released.

Just being proactive here...

DO NOT start sleuthing mom's Facebook. Or picking it apart. Or sleuthing her friends. Or any other family member. Or anything else you all know is against TOS.

For now, it's fine to have as there are pictures of Willow. But if any of that starts up it'll be gone.

bumping this up... :seeya:

Mom, Ciara DeRyke's page is open to the public- all posts and photos. Some of photos of Willow are very cute. Photos show them as a happy family.

Praying very hard that Willow wondered off, got lost, and couldn't find her way home... and is waiting for searchers to rescue her.

I don't believe she is at a friend's house, depending on how well parents in the area know their kids. I tried that once and it lasted 5 minutes, my friend didn't do well at lying her face off to her folks while I was in her closet.

The 24 hour mark is creeping up awfully quickly...I don't like this.

i was hoping to log in this morning a see this little one had just wandered off and was found safe and sound ):.
i don't have a good feeling with the amount of time that has passed.

video says search radius has been expanded.

family has been interviewed several times including with fbi and no foul play suspected.

I don't like this story at all. Not one bit.

And three-year-olds vary widely in language skills, so it is entirely plausible that he has not been able to tell the whole story. Hopefully forensic interviewers from social services have been talking to him, because this type of thing is their specialty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asa_Lange