GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
eta: re: mail: I see it was Sunday.. wonder if mail was brought in on saturday?

Do they have a pet? Could she have let a pet outside?

(just thinking of why she would go outside in the nightgown with no glasses and no shoes.. if you are going to run off or hide or go out to play I would think she would at least put on shoes and get her glasses so she could see)

Just being proactive here...

DO NOT start sleuthing mom's Facebook. Or picking it apart. Or sleuthing her friends. Or any other family member. Or anything else you all know is against TOS.

For now, it's fine to have as there are pictures of Willow. But if any of that starts up it'll be gone.

BBM. But, I will respond to a few comments below, then we all need to be cautious about the rules.

Was Willow in school on Friday? We know that she was registered from her mom's (CR) fb page where she says the registration thing would be "unfortunate", " the most tedious thing ever", "all those lines and forms ... and other children".

This FB comment above is taken out of context. It was made in reference to the mother quitting smoking. Registration was day two/48 hours without a cigarette. Quitting smoking is hard, especially when certain things such as journeys in the car and having a smoke are ritual. I have quit smoking and you all would have wanted to steer clear of me...LOL.

Day 2 and mom's facebook still does not have any well-wishers or worriers posting.
Makes me want to post on her page-- Praying for Willow's safe return!

Not all people use Facebook frequently. It also appears internet speeds are a huge issue according to the sheriff in the 11:30 PM update, " Below is video from a press conference ealier this evening. We apologize for the delay in getting it online, internet speeds in Watson are an issue". With this in mind, it would seem more bizarre for people to be wasting time posting using something similar to dial-up speed (who remembers those days?) instead of searching for her.

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-lo...authorities-searching-for-missing-watson-girl

The point is due to the nature of social media and such, it is easy to read things incorrectly or take them out of context. That is why the Mods have posted many times to NOT sleuth people's pages.

Curious if they are looking into a possible parent abduction?
Don't they usually do that when the child lives with one parent?
Also would like to know if she lives with mom and a stepfather or
A boyfriend of the mother.
Jmooc

I hope they have checked cars. Remember that case where the little boy got in the trunk of the car? (they did not check the cars until it was too late). I realize it is not very hot out right now but I hope they have checked all the cars, etc.

I don't see her going to far without shoes?

(iirc she did not have shoes on?)

also wonder what time their mail is delivered? Could she have walked out to check the mail and someone picked her up?

Maybe someone should call in and suggest the car trunks in case it hasn't been thought of! IN this video,
http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-loc...ng-watson-girl

The sherriff says they are not sure about the shoes because she had so many pairs of flip flops, etc

Has the house been cordoned off and is it being processed as a possible crime scene? If someone had come to the door and decided to abduct Willow, it's important to get a CSI team in there immediately before friends, neighbours, family, LE, etc start trampling everything and leaving DNA. I notice this is never done right away and valuable evidence is lost in the week it takes LE to determine that there may be foul play involved and decide to get warrants to search. I don't understand why they don't have people leave the home for a couple of days and start processing the last known location immediately. I'm sure they'd have the permission of the mother and may not even need a warrant.

MOO

If they were watching tv (did I see that upstream?..??) is it possible there was a knock at the door and she got up to answer it?

I don't know Willow but I have several nieces and they are around her age (with younger ones) and I know the oldest (near Willow's age) would not leave the younger ones if my SIL was sleeping. I had them all here at my house for a month this summer and they were always looking out for one another when playing outside, etc. As I said before, I don't personally know Willow but I am a hard time thinking she would leave her little brother all by himself for long?

Maybe someone should call in and suggest the car trunks in case it hasn't been thought of! IN this video,
http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-loc...ng-watson-girl

The sherriff says they are not sure about the shoes because she had so many pairs of flip flops, etc

This a great idea, especially considering there is church nearby. I am not sure of the hours of service, but my guess is it could fall into the time line.

Screen Shot 2013-09-08 at 9.04.39 PM.png

At this point, I honestly do not think her family is involved in her disappearance. I believe that both of the stories we've heard are true: there was an argument, mom went back to bed and woke up with her missing.

Now, with that being said, I find it very hard to believe that Willow walked out the door in her pjs with no shoes on with the intention of running away or going for a walk or whatever. If so, I don't think she would have gone far, more items would be missing from the house, etc.

After this much time has elasped, I hate to say it, but I am thinking that someone grabbed her.

If they were watching tv (did I see that upstream?..??) is it possible there was a knock at the door and she got up to answer it?

I don't know Willow but I have several nieces and they are around her age (with younger ones) and I know the oldest (near Willow's age) would not leave the younger ones if my SIL was sleeping. I had them all here at my house for a month this summer and they were always looking out for one another when playing outside, etc. As I said before, I don't personally know Willow but I am a hard time thinking she would leave her little brother all by himself for long?

Is it possible that she wanted to "run and get some milk or borrow some milk" or something along those lines? If she is really a responsible kid and was trying to keep the brother quiet so mommy could rest, she might do something like that.

I agree - unless he is developmentally delayed, her 3 year old brother should be much more help than just to point at a door. Unless, of course, he's just guessing the usual way she left the house and he has no idea where she went because she crept out quietly and he didn't notice.

This is such a delicate situation and I am sure they are protecting the brother from the media. I can't imagine the emotional and psychological damage to the brother if something does happen to her if he is not questioned correctly. I would hope they are calling in experts to talk with him, so it doesn't mess him up for life if something happens. I would imagine the criteria/protocol for getting experts there are the reasons why this is delayed and not released.

updated:

More than 400 volunteers searched Sunday night for missing Willow Long. The search resumed at 6 this morning after volunteers were asked to quit searching at 1 a.m. for the 7-year-old Watson girl who has been missing since Sunday morning.

Long was last seen at her family's home at 104 Circle Drive. Her Mother, Cierra Deryke checked on her and her son at 8:45 a.m. Sunday before returning to bed, feeling ill. She woke up and came back downstairs at 10:45 to find Long missing and her 3-year-old son indicating that she had went out the door, leaving the residence.

Effingham County Sheriff's Department had already checked with Long's friends and other places she may have gone before turning their attention to the railroad tracks near her home and the fields north of Watson.
- See more at: http://effinghamdailynews.com/local...-for-missing-Watson-girl#sthash.OysWtF9X.dpuf

I think there is still a lot if info missing here!! I don't know any kids that do the storm out the door after an argument without mum witnessing it to give its desired effect!! The argument must not have been upsetting enough for Williw to leave if she sat with her little brother and watched tv while mum went back to bed. We can't be positive she was wearing no shoes and a purple nightshirt. Mum was in bed and Willow could have got herself dressed. I don't think mum had enough time to go through her cupboards and see if any clothes were missing.
Just a couple of things I've been wondering :)

Why was mom sick? In what capacity? Did someone give her something the night prior, knowing she would wake up sick and wanting sleep? That would give someone clear access to Willow.

...anyone remember the story of little Jessica McClure? I know that was a tiny well and a tiny toddler, but referencing Willow's pictures - she is pretty petite and tiny. Is anyone on this board *from* Watson?

According to this site http://www.us-mining.com/illinois/watson there are 2 mines in Watson. One is a Limestone Prospect and one is Shale. Both are private. Can anyone tell us the exact location of the private property these mines are on? Are they in the general vicinity of her home? I mean...is it possible she fell into one of those? I know nothing about mine shafts, etc.

I hate speculating like this, but the photo in the article is from 2011 per mom's FB. When was the last time someone besides family saw this child?

There is an earlier article that states she was younger in that picture, but it was added so people could see what Willow looked like without glasses. Might have been the only one mom could find without glasses. (Which leads one to think she really needs them and would put them on if she was "running away.")

On another note, with all the resources that have been put into play so early in Willow's disappearance, I am very worried that she was snatched and taken far away.

One poster here wrote how her child sat at the edge of their property. But the poster was watching her child out the window. Willow's mother was asleep. Perfect opportunity for a transient.

I don't have a theory. But it is very hard to believe Willow left on her own.

I think there is still a lot if info missing here!! I don't know any kids that do the storm out the door after an argument without mum witnessing it to give its desired effect!! The argument must not have been upsetting enough for Williw to leave if she sat with her little brother and watched tv while mum went back to bed. We can't be positive she was wearing no shoes and a purple nightshirt. Mum was in bed and Willow could have got herself dressed. I don't think mum had enough time to go through her cupboards and see if any clothes were missing.
Just a couple of things I've been wondering :)

Well, I thought that too about her getting dressed but surely they have looked for the purple night shirt and it isn't there. She may have put on jeans under it or something, and it's been mentioned that she has so many pairs of flip flops she could well be wearing shoes.

It's past time for LE/the National Guard/volunteers/anyone to start going door-to-door and looking inside properties Give all the rural meth makers one free get-out-of-jail card (or ANYTHING) to get inside homes/attics/garages/barns. :(

i've posted this on other IL threads...it's irks the crap out of me that I live a few hours north of here (effingham) and have not heard a darn word on our local news or chicago stations --- it's frustrating to say the least!!! (if it's not chicago it doesn't seem to matter)!

Lots of guests and members this mornings :) that's always good!

I wonder if there is a connection to Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins? I noted similar disappearances in the midwest area for this age group. I have no idea where to search for unsolved crimes for the area though. There are quiet a few in the 1990's-current missing.

Who, besides Willow, little brother and mom live in the house? If anyone else....

Where is dad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member