GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The other problem is the state of the crops. This late in the season, corn and bean stalks are high, making locating Long difficult, even for the recently dispatched ATV, horse and search dog patrols. However, helicopters and airplanes equipped with infrared search equipment able to locate heat were used to better locate Long once night had fallen and the weather cooled off.

More at the link http://effinghamdailynews.com/local...-for-missing-Watson-girl#sthash.q3MwTMUt.dpuf

Got a call from a friend this morning who's hometown is Watson and she alerted me to this missing little girl. I'm getting caught up as I am just now aware of this thread.

Can somebody repost the scanner link?

And, I looked in the basement and didn't see a thread down there...

According to what I'm reading, the children were in front of the television at 8:45am watching a Disney movie. Mom got up a couple of hours later and noticed that Willow was missing and the 3yr old was still watching television? Was the movie on television or were they watching a DVD? It would have ended by then wouldn't it? Wouldn't the 3yr old get restless sitting there by himself for any length of time and try to wake the mother? If someone had come to the door, wouldn't he have also gotten up to check it out? I just find this story so odd I guess. Unless Willow had just either left or been abducted moments before the mother came into the room?

Was this a house that the mother was renting for her family? Or an apartment within a house? Are there any other people, family or otherwise, living at this address? How long had they been living there?

MOO

There are residences surrounding Willow's home. The only roads around there are quite free from obstruction of view as well (downloaded Google Earth). There are businesses, plants, farms, homes...etc. How does a child with hair that red go unnoticed by ANYONE in the entire town in broad daylight, how? Even if she wasn't wearing what they say she was...that is some *really* red hair she has. I don't know about anybody else, but if I saw a kiddo walking around by themselves I would definitely remember that hair and call the authorities once I found out she was missing. The whole town clearly knows she's missing, yet nooooobody saw her?? She was wandering around long enough to get herself lost, and nobody saw her? I believe someone took her. 9am-10am(ish) the sun is out and people are up and about. Someone....one person, would have seen wee Willow...one person. Yet nobody? :(

I had the same thought nursebeme posted earlier about someone knocking on the door and taking her.

I have to say those corn fields are scary to even think about her being lost in there.

Hoping Willow is found safe very soon.

can LE get search warrants to seach neighborhood houses in these cases??

As more time passes the outcome doesn't look to promising. Why is she missing? Not making any accusation but probably one of the following:

1. Abducted
• From her house or yard by stranger
• From her house by estranged family friends or family member
2. Left willingly and:
• got lost
• was abducted
• is hiding in building, barn, shed, house etc.
• Accident – fell in pond, grain bin, car trunk, train car, etc.
• Accident – hit by car, and driver panicked
• Another family is hiding her

I’m hoping she is just lost and dehydrated and sleeping somewhere and she will be found. However, I would think with all the people searching she would have been found by now. I have no evidence that family is involved so that sadly leaves abduction as a high probability.

I grew up in a similar small town. It was a different era then but you always felt safe in your small town. I don’t know that can be said anymore. Small towns would be good targets by an abductor. Few police, few eye witnesses, close to major highways etc.

Hope she is found soon.

10:20AM UPDATE: Authorities tell us that the reported description of the clothing that was thought to be worn by Willow is no longer valid. It was initially reported that Willow was wearing a lavender Betty Boop oversize t-shirt, but that shirt has now been located in the home. Police tell us that they now do not have a description of what Long was wearing went she went missing from her home, now more than 24 hours ago in Watson.

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-local-news/7442-authorities-searching-for-missing-watson-girl

How close is any church to Willow's home? Reason being, she went missing at a time people would be arriving for church. Someone could have seen her.

Sorry to say, but so many cases on here, my hinky meter is in the red.

10:20AM UPDATE: Authorities tell us that the reported description of the clothing that was thought to be worn by Willow is no longer valid. It was initially reported that Willow was wearing a lavender Betty Boop oversize t-shirt, but that shirt has now been located in the home. Police tell us that they now do not have a description of what Long was wearing went she went missing from her home, now more than 24 hours ago in Watson.

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-local-news/7442-authorities-searching-for-missing-watson-girl

...but she was wearing that when she was watching the movie with her brother? Where was the shirt located at in the home? They better not be messing with it until the proper forensic folks get their gloves on it. The shirt could tell a story, or it might be nothing but dang...I hope they're not messing with it.

This happens all too often but the one that I always think of when I hear this is Haleigh Cummings.

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-lo...authorities-searching-for-missing-watson-girl

snip

how did the description get screwed up?

The purple shirt was what Willow was wearing when her mom last saw her. Mom didn't see Willow change because mom was in bed. They just now found the purple shirt in the house and now know that Willow had changed her clothes.

can LE get search warrants to seach neighborhood houses in these cases??

Usually not. Even with strong suspicion, it is usually not enough to convince a judge to sign off on a search warrant.

Years ago there was a case near me. LE suspected a neighbor of a little girl who went missing. It was only after cadaver dogs hit on the outside of his basement window that a judge signed off on a search warrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asa_Lange