GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...but she was wearing that when she was watching the movie with her brother? Where was the shirt located at in the home? They better not be messing with it until the proper forensic folks get their gloves on it. The shirt could tell a story, or it might be nothing but dang...I hope they're not messing with it.

7 yo's are perfectly capable of dressing themselves, so she probably got dressed after mom saw her last.

If she is like my 7 yo, the shirt could have been tossed anywhere - hamper, closet, under the bed, bathroom...

10:20AM UPDATE: Authorities tell us that the reported description of the clothing that was thought to be worn by Willow is no longer valid. It was initially reported that Willow was wearing a lavender Betty Boop oversize t-shirt, but that shirt has now been located in the home. Police tell us that they now do not have a description of what Long was wearing went she went missing from her home, now more than 24 hours ago in Watson.

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-local-news/7442-authorities-searching-for-missing-watson-girl

Time for me to step back.....hinky meter just went off the charts! Bless this little child, Willow

The purple shirt was what Willow was wearing when her mom last saw her. Mom didn't see Willow change because mom was in bed. They just now found the purple shirt in the house and now know that Willow had changed her clothes.

Where was the shirt that it took so long to locate?

Just bouncing off your post to state that I hope the Sheriff's Pollyanna view is just a ploy.

There was some sort of festival CD attended at the end of August, it was an all-day event. Did Willow attend said festival with her mother and if so...maybe "someone" took a liking to Willow at that point?

Time for me to step back.....hinky meter just went off the charts! Bless this little child, Willow

I'm curious, why did your hinky meter go off now that they've found her night gown in her home?

Sounds to me much more like she decided to go out, got dressed, and went out to play. Going out in a night gown at her age would be very unexpected.

Where was the shirt that it took so long to locate?

Just bouncing off your post to state that I hope the Sheriff's Pollyanna view is just a ploy.

Yes, I believe that would be the question of the hour. On the other hand, if one were guilty of foul play, would the shirt be found separately? I think no, but who knows. jmo

Really all we have so far is Willow is gone. No exact time, no description of what she is wearing, no knowledge if she answered a knock on the door or talked to someone out front. All we have is a three year old pointing at a door!!!
My little suspicious antenna are buzzing :)

I'm curious, why did your hinky meter go off now that they've found her night gown in her home?

Sounds to me much more like she decided to go out, got dressed, and went out to play. Going out in a night gown at her age would be very unexpected.

for me... ugh. it'sjust a change in the story. this case seemed funky from the start, idk why, i don't like it.

something just isnt right and its not only that a little girl is missing.

how did the description get screwed up?

Kids change clothes so frequently. I honestly couldn't tell you what is in my kids closets at times (they borrow clothes) or what color shirt my son was wearing this morning. He had a hoodie on. She could have changed clothes while mom was asleep.

How close is any church to Willow's home? Reason being, she went missing at a time people would be arriving for church. Someone could have seen her.

Sorry to say, but so many cases on here, my hinky meter is in the red.

The church is pretty close.

Screen Shot 2013-09-08 at 9.04.39 PM.png

Kids change clothes so frequently. I honestly couldn't tell you what is in my kids closets at times (they borrow clothes) or what color shirt my son was wearing this morning. He had a hoodie on. She could have changed clothes while mom was asleep.

I was thinking the same thing, Lucy. I was imagining the police asking me if something was missing from my child's wardrobe and me just looking at them all "are you kidding me, I have NO idea." Even if I could identify a specific item as missing, it could just as easily be in a backpack or at a friend's house, or in the garage or basically anywhere except missing from a hanger in the closet!

how did the description get screwed up?

:twocents:

1) it was what mom last saw her in before she went back to bed not feeling well

2) the witness is three years old.. (her little brother)

3) most likely the shirt was found somewhere in the house (looks like she changed)

4) the news reports have been slow coming out.. it is a very rural area.

The purple shirt was what Willow was wearing when her mom last saw her. Mom didn't see Willow change because mom was in bed. They just now found the purple shirt in the house and now know that Willow had changed her clothes.

I am behind - where is link about nightshirt? TIA
nevermind!!! found it thx

Yes, I believe that would be the question of the hour. On the other hand, if one were guilty of foul play, would the shirt be found separately? I think no, but who knows. jmo

I know one thing, a shirt, recently removed, should be located in a short amount of time. It should be near the top of a pile of clothes, in a hamper, on a floor, on top of furniture, or under it. There wasn't enough time for a lot of other clothes to be piled on top of the shirt. However, LE has been known to not do thorough searches initially. Especially if they think a missing child is just off pretending to be a princess. JMO!

I am behind - where is link about nightshirt? TIA

Depends on which one. The initial reports were that it was the last thing she was seen wearing and they're linked in the first couple of pages of the thread iirc. There's another link just in the past half hour or so to the police announcing that they found the nightshirt in the house. I think ithat link is on the prior page (11?) If you tell me which you're looking for, I'll try to find it for you.

Usually not. Even with strong suspicion, it is usually not enough to convince a judge to sign off on a search warrant.

Years ago there was a case near me. LE suspected a neighbor of a little girl who went missing. It was only after cadaver dogs hit on the outside of his basement window that a judge signed off on a search warrant.

ah i see, in my world things would be so much easier.

I was thinking the same thing, Lucy. I was imagining the police asking me if something was missing from my child's wardrobe and me just looking at them all "are you kidding me, I have NO idea." Even if I could identify a specific item as missing, it could just as easily be in a backpack or at a friend's house, or in the garage or basically anywhere except missing from a hanger in the closet!

Over the years I've tried to consciously remember what the kids had on, just in case. Never worked. I have no idea what my teen wore to school today!! Couldn't tell you what was missing, or what shoes she has on. :scared::twocents:

I am sorry to say and perhaps I am just tainted but honestly my hinky meter has been going off from the beginning of this thread. I have children similar in age to Willow and her brother and a lot of this just ins't making sense. I hope to the Good Lord that I am wrong and Ms. Willow will be found soon.....

It's actually more encouraging to me if it appears that Willow changed into clothes and perhaps did leave home on her own. More encouraging in the fact that she may just have left on her own to go exploring and has found herself lost and not able to find her way back.

I would imagine that she doesn't have a large space for a bedroom. And anyone who's had young girls can tell you that their bedrooms are usually just a mass of pink and purple stuff everywhere. So perhaps it wasn't noticed right away that Willow had changed. And they may have known this many hours ago but the news was slow getting out.

MOO

:floorlaugh: The only time I know something is missing is right before the school bus comes...Where is your other shoe? LOL.

My 8 years old niece spent the weekend here and she went through about 10 combinations of outfits in 24 hours. I just found a pair of shorts in the couch. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyl628