GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an opinion: Grandmother never shed one tear, but facial expressions conveyed crying.

Not saying anything ... just pointing it out.

MOO

Really? For one moment...close your eyes and try to put yourself in her shoes...REally??? That's all I have on this.

I noticed no tears as well but maybe she has shed so many already that she just has no more to shed.

Dehydration can cause crying without tears, if she's been driving, crying for days and days and just generally functioning without taking care of herself properly it's possible that she's all cried out, tears wise, through dehydration, but that doesn't mean she's not broken.

Just an opinion: Grandmother never shed one tear, but facial expressions conveyed crying.

MOO

I am like that when very upset. I am crying with tears inside but am cried out for them outside but my face and voice all sound like crying because I am crying just not with tears at that point

and i think this whole discussion of why she didnt have tears is exactly the sort of thing she was referring to

MOO

Have you ever cried so much, and for so long that you vomited and became completely dehydrated? I have. It was not fun, it took me weeks to physically recover, but many many years to emotionally recover.

JMO but are people now claiming that the grandparents didn't care about this little girl. If that were the case I doubt they would have come running back home when they learned she was missing and not found right away. I guess I'm not understanding why these comments are posted.

KSDK will be running an interview with the grandmother at 6:00. I didn't watch the one posted earlier in the thread but I imagine it will be similar to that one. In the teaser they showed at 5, she was walking around a little with the reporter in the yard. http://ksdk.com

Really? For one moment...close your eyes and try to put yourself in her shoes...REally??? That's all I have on this.

As I pointed out ... just an observation. I did go back and change it from 'opinion to observation', because that's all it is.

I have NO idea why there were no tears, but I am entitled to comment on what I noticed.

MOO

Dehydration can cause crying without tears, if she's been driving, crying for days and days and just generally functioning without taking care of herself properly it's possible that she's all cried out, tears wise, through dehydration, but that doesn't mean she's not broken.

Yes, I can understand that.

She is just heartbroken. Willows favorite breakfast was pancakes with cool whip on top and she pretended hot chocolate was her "coffee"

So did I. The hot chocolate thing :(

Wish I could give grandma a big hugz. And coffee.

and i think this whole discussion of why she didnt have tears is exactly the sort of thing she was referring to

Who was referring to? I've not read each and ever post yet ... care to share?

Again ... it was an observation is all .... no tears have been observed by many here, in many situations ... I was just pointing out what I noticed.

Grandma broke my heart. I guess grandpa was still in shock during his interview just grasping at anything other then having to come to terms with what his son did.

Though I do have a feeling this will tear that family apart. I think grandpa will be one that will support JD b/c of dad/son bond but I'm not sure grandma will be able to do the same. She looked truly heartbroken.

This family is forever changed. Forever. Whether it is broken or can be mended remains to be seen. Grief does weird shhhh it to people. I pray they heal and hold each other tight.

Watching the video of the beautiful vigil for Willow shows just how much the community does care. But oh my, seeing the children's faces as they have to deal with this is like watching a bit of innocence die right before your eyes. Each one of those children at the vigil has been traumatized by what happened. We need to stop this from happening over and over, please, we need to find a way.

Hundreds, including father, gather to honor Willow Long at candlelight vigil
http://www.ksdk.com/rss/article/397435/3/Willow-Longs-father-remembers-daughter-at-vigil

"This is all for her, there is nothing else, but Willow, and I ask that every single one of you never ever forget my daughter," Willow's father told mourners."

was any of the "family" Willow lived with there?

Funeral services for Willow Long will be held Monday, September 16 at 11 a.m. at First Baptist Church in Effingham. A visitation will be Saturday, September 14 from 5-9 p.m. at the Hearts Rock Cafe in Effingham High School.

Private burial services will be held for the family only.

In lieu of flowers, the family asks that memorials be made to any local organization that participated in the search for Willow.

http://www.wics.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_13107.shtml

As I pointed out ... just an observation. I did go back and change it from 'opinion to observation', because that's all it is.

I have NO idea why there were no tears, but I am entitled to comment on what I noticed.

MOO

Yes my friend you are...when that happened..your observance...where was your heart?I cant go no further or else..

So did I. The hot chocolate thing :(

Wish I could give grandma a big hugz. And coffee.

ot/ i suffer from depression and due to my brakes failing haven't been out in 10 days. I was crying all afternoon, even called my dad to ask if he loved me. Then there is a big bang at the door. mY snow plow driver turned up said "i got treats for the cat, and the dog and turned back and got you the last box of tassimo cappucino (he knew i liked it bc i gave it as an option earlier in the week if there was no diet coke). Just as a treat for a woman who has been stuck at home on her own with her kitties.

Its amazing what a random act of kindness will do to cheer people up and I hope some give her a few acts of kindness.

And the guy doesn't drive he hitchiked to get it

edit to say snow blower guy

I haven't read all of the comments for the last few pages, so I'm sorry if this is a repeat.

That interview with the grandmother was absolutely heartbreaking. The fact they are getting negativity from the townspeople blows my mind as well. Townspeople are outraged, I get that, but directing it at the grandparents I don't get.

SNIPPED for space

This is a small community & they know more about that "family" & what happened . . . I support the community & whatever feelings they are having. We're not getting the entire picture in MSM world.

IMHO

Me too! I turned it off after a few minutes. There are so many other things NG could do "that makes a difference". She is looking for sensationalism, because we can't do one more thing for that child.

I was wondering why JVM and NG have not covered this case. I thought maybe I was missing something, but I guess not.

What was wrong with JD and CD that neither thought to call 911. Obviously JD was guilty as sin. But come on CD should have been straight on the phone when she realised her little girl was gone!

Ciara did call 911

This family is forever changed. Forever. Whether it is broken or can be mended remains to be seen. Grief does weird shhhh it to people. I pray they heal and hold each other tight.

The path of grief is a brutal one to walk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva