Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip> I myself condemn him. The fetlife community is mostly comprised of consenting adults who safely express their ideas and lives. <modsnip> IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BBM above, "mostly comprised of consenting adults who safely express" ....And, you know this because they told you? Or is it just to cover them-
selves from liability when others push and encourage devient behavior??....and then stand back and say, "I had no idea." or "This is just free speech" or "This is art imitating life." Abduction always involves 2 people....One knows for sure what they want, the problem is, the victim does not!

BBM above, "mostly comprised of consenting adults who safely express" ....And, you know this because they told you? Or is it just to cover them-
selves from liability when others push and encourage devient behavior??....and then stand back and say, "I had no idea." or "This is just free speech" or "This is art imitating life." Abduction always involves 2 people....One knows for sure what they want, the problem is, the victim does not!

I'm not going all out in defense of the abduction group, but in regards to the "victims" not knowing... they have stickies like WS does, but theirs are like "post here if you want to be abducted", wherein people make arrangements to have themselves "abducted". They layout the plan to act surprised, struggle, escape etc. They CONSENT, know who, when, and where.

Does Fetlife do any type of web chatting? Could BC have been speaking to someone he thought would never be able to turn him in??
ALGILBEbbm I think you are on the right path!!! Lightening may indeed strike twice in the same place.

The FBI June 27th statement includes: “We will not needany further information from the public regarding the Black Saturn Astra.” (emphasis added). It sounds like they have reason to believe YZ was murdered very quickly, probably in the first hour (she was likely already incapacitated by the 2:38 landlord call); otherwise how could they NOT want more info from possible witnesses of the Astra in the first say 24-48 hrs. after abduction?
I still find the 27th statement & even the “criminal complaint” vague on so many details. Without a body or a full confession (not the supposed audio they have, which can be given a lot of interpretations), the case may even be weak, though hopefully they have much more than what’s divulged.

I agree. Why wouldn't they still want people calling in tips about seeing the Astra on the day of the abduction? If they believe YYZ was murdered and they cannot locate the body?

Everything that could have gone wrong for Yingying that day did go wrong. I hope UIUC will improve their communication with international students from this day forward. They need to make sure to provide cultural training, personal safety training, campus safety information, and clearly explain transportation rules and schedules.

Better yet, they could implement some type of concierge service to make sure that international students are never put in a situation where they have to navigate the city using only the maps on their phone to find housing.

My husband and I said the same thing, and we are alumni. We were there when the international population really picked up on campus, and while I do think there are a few orientations and things, there need to be far more resources for these students. If the university wants their international tuition dollars so badly, they need to step it up. International students tend to be one of the only groups to remain on campus during the summer when campus is largely deserted. This, to me, is one reason YZ was more vulnerable and adds to the need for cultural training so that they're able to be independent and safe.

I also think the university dropped the ball on not sending out a campus wide I-alert when reports of a potential predator came in. When I was a student, we got them for everything from the most minute events up to serious assaults. That alert would likely have been read by YZ and could have saved her life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not going all out in defense of the abduction group, but in regards to the "victims" not knowing... they have stickies(?) like WS does, but theirs are like "post here if you want to be abducted", wherein people make arrangements to have themselves "abducted". They layout the plan to act surprised, struggle, (?)escape etc. They CONSENT, know who, when, and where.
MRSOBRIEN (be my posting adversary for just a few minutes, okay?) Then, after they do their "surprise attacks" do they have little bubbles that pop up on the screen like "zapp!" , "pow!" , "thwapp!" with Batman theme playing in the background?? I mean, just like on an innocent Websleuths thread, we can post pictures and "audio" and I am even MORE AMAZED at the skill some of you have to attach "current events and video"....almost the minute it happens!!
I started to write about this, make sure no one else had written about it, (I had to work with clients for several hours, and couldn't get back until now)... and gather my thoughts...still shaking. Shaking from anger/ or is it fear...not sure?
Ask yourself, "Why did he risk going back to his apartment with an unconscious woman? Why risk someone seeing him take a woman in there? If he wanted privacy, he could have continued driving out of town to some secluded spot, right?
OMG....I think not only did he hold her there, I think he filmed it!! I don't believe for a second there are "stickies" on a person's t-shirt that state "I am abductor" and another "sticky" says "I am the fake victim." No Way, Josay!
Everybody keeps speculating phone tap, or someone wearing a wire.....Ask yourself, would you take the responsibility of trying to get an innocent person to go in there with a wire? I wouldn't....it is just too darned dangerous.
I think all the "equipment needed" was already in the apartment....

[video=twitter;881348531696660484]https://twitter.com/news_gazette/status/881348531696660484[/video]

The tweet I posted above states that BC was at the walk for Yingying on Thursday night. However, it also says the FBI will not confirm that the picture circulating on Twitter is BC.

With that in mind, discussion of BC having been at the walk is allowed, but please do not focus on the man in the picture, who is possibly, but not definitely, BC.

Seeing that she unsuccessfully tried to flag down a bus ten minutes before getting snatched makes me sad. It also brings back bad memories of me running after busses on campus back when I had back-to-back classes that were a mile apart. I would like to see this video, I really hope the bus driver wasn't at fault.

Is BC's wife's Facebook off limits for discussion?

Seeing that she unsuccessfully tried to flag down a bus ten minutes before getting snatched makes me sad. It also brings back bad memories of me running after busses on campus back when I had back-to-back classes that were a mile apart. I would like to see this video, I really hope the bus driver wasn't at fault.

I agree that the bus situation is very sad.

The wife's social media is off limits for discussion.

Did he kidnap her just to prove himself he could do it? Was it a thrill thing? Or was it a sexual fantasy he tried to play out?

If it was a sexual fantasy I would think that he would have want her somewhere in a room, not in a car. (YES! my thoughts too.)

Just some questions that run through my mind. It's always difficult to grasp a psychopath's motivation.
C'mon...we have got to use common sense. Why would he go to that kind of site? Does he meet some pervs who "challenge him" or does he just want to "impress them?" I'm thinking, this was the first day he had all to himself to fulfill his crime....apartment to himself, all his neighbors at work?

Totally off limits, pretty sure.

the bus driver maybe didn't see her or was late on his/her run or even if s/he should've stopped, it is not their fault that a murderer came along ... that's a very slippery slope

I accept! Please note my replies in red.

MRSOBRIEN (be my posting adversary for just a few minutes, okay?) Then, after they do their "surprise attacks" do they have little bubbles that pop up on the screen like "zapp!" , "pow!" , "thwapp!" with Batman theme playing in the background?? Pretty sure they do *something else* afterwards, but...um... I didn't want to read that far into the scenarios. And really, I can't imagine many of these arrangements materialize in real life anyway. I mean, just like on an innocent Websleuths thread, we can post pictures and "audio" We can? and I am even MORE AMAZED at the skill some of you have to attach "current events and video"....almost the minute it happens!!
I started to write about this, make sure no one else had written about it, (I had to work with clients for several hours, and couldn't get back until now)... and gather my thoughts...still shaking. Shaking from anger/ or is it fear...not sure?
Ask yourself, "Why did he risk going back to his apartment with an unconscious woman? I don't think he did, I think he lied in his statement to police about taking her to the apartment. Why risk someone seeing him take a woman in there? If he wanted privacy, he could have continued driving out of town to some secluded spot, right?
OMG....I think not only did he hold her there, I think he filmed it!! I don't believe for a second there are "stickies" on a person's t-shirt that state "I am abductor" and another "sticky" says "I am the fake victim." No Way, Josay! I apologize if I was unclear about this. By "stickies", I was referring to posts that are always at the top of the discussion forum threads. Not post it notes.
Everybody keeps speculating phone tap, or someone wearing a wire.....Ask yourself, would you take the responsibility of trying to get an innocent person to go in there with a wire? I wouldn't....it is just too darned dangerous.
I think all the "equipment needed" was already in the apartment....From a legal point of view, I don't think in house electronics could have been bugged that quickly. I could be wrong, but I do believe the "other occupant" was VERY VERY HELPFUL. JMO!

the bus driver maybe didn't see her or was late on his/her run or even if s/he should've stopped, it is not their fault that a murderer came along ... that's a very slippery slope

I grew up a bus rider. Another reason a bus may not stop is when it is at legal full capacity. Often, in my city, and extra bus would be dispatched asap to collect the folks that were not picked up by the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor