Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dove28- I would think that the goal is for the body to never be seen again. Not just to get rid of it.
I don't think he thought he would get caught, or even be associated with this crime. I think he looks angry in his mugshots, angry he got caught. I think she's just laying out somewhere, so I hope people had been noticing any unusual buzzard type activity.

Job hunting is very time consuming. If he was spending the bulk of his awake time gaming, which we know he did because his Steam profil revealed that he had earned a bunch of badges and leveled until he could no longer get achievements since May, plus lots of time of Fetlife, so I don't believe him that he was job hunting. jmo

What's interesting to me about this is that there's no overlap between the Fetlife time and the game time. It's all one and then all the other.
Obsessive.

grasping at straws, but that sounds interesting to me... you know anything much about it... how big? entry possibly accessible by an outside person? lots of interior rooms? if someone were locked in an interior room, could their screams even be heard from outside? etc.
For starters...
7e9c53c55c8d9292059c78911af8a399.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I looked up federal death penalty and there are 63 people on federal death row, with 37 people being executed since it started in 1927. I looked at the cases and many of them involved the body being found on federal land or it was very clear that the kidnapping was in one state and the body in another or it was a murder for hire type thing. In one case, the Dru Sjoden case was the case in which the girl was at the shopping mall in ND and they found her body in another state MN. So it looks like when the feds keep jurisdiction it is very clear where the body is in one state and the person lived or kidnapped in another state or federal jxn is otherwise very clear. There's probably alot of cases where it is murky but it does not seem like the feds take jxn unless it is very clear.

So best chance for a death penalty here (assuming follow what appears to be longstanding practices) would be if they find the body in another state or if it's on federal land. In any event, we never know what the Trump DOJ will do (everything seems a surprise these days) so overturning what seems to be longstanding DOJ practice to give almost all cases back to the states may not be something the Trump Justice Dept chooses to do, especially in a case involving a Chinese national. On one hand, I could see them taking jxn for the optics and to get death penalty; on other hand, GOP is very states' rights-oriented so I am not sure they will want to make this a precedent; they will be accused of taking cases away from the states that do not have death penalty. Also, potential crimes like murder or sexual assault may be states only crimes and I don't think they will want to subject family to two separate trials.

Moreover if they start taking away state's choice on death penalty, it would most certainly be challenged in federal courts by people who get the death penalty and they would have a pretty decent argument especially if it was clear that feds only take jxn when the state is not a death penalty state. Justice department can't very well do things "special" here; the whole purpose of justice is to treat like cases alike.

I wonder if there are any criminal lawyers here who think that even the fact that it is in federal court now is odd. I don't know enough about IL courts to offer an opinion on that but if being in federal court even now is odd who knows how this case will be tried.

Thank you Yellow for all your posts, explaining so well and detailed how the fed and state criminal system works! I did know nothing about this, now I feel almost like an expert ;) Ha!

Question: you say it's a bit odd that the case is right now in federal court. Is it at all a possibility that they have found YingYing's body already in an area that would make the case applicable for federal court but have not disclosed the fact yet? Maybe because they are still trying to determine how she died or something? That could also explain why the family has withdrawn the reward from Crimestoppers. Possible? Or nonsense?

There is an old air force base in Rantoul just north of us.

And down south, yes it's mostly farmland. There are some clump of woods here and there, privately owned and used for hunting. Usually taking up 3 acres or less I'd guess.

There is an abandoned factory between his apartment and the gym, btw.

LOREMLPSUM Glad you are still here....I know it has been pretty tough for you. I can never forget the efforts you made by showing us a video of the ag land surrounding the college. And I am thrilled you still have your thinking cap on....because we sure need "boots on the ground!" With that said, can you tell us what was manufactured in that abandoned factory? Is it fenced off, or can a person still drive up to the loading docks?? Does it have covered dumpsters in the back? (No one would need them now, huh?) Abandoned factory between apartment and the gym :bullseye:....that is really jumping out at me because didn't someone state he went to the gym at 5 or 5:30 am?? It can be awfully dark at the time of the morning and not very much traffic, yet still giving him an excuse for being in that area. And it fits with the "hiding in plain site" meme. Would you be willing to take another drive with that great camera set up you have in your vehicle? (If not, don't worry....I'm sure someone is probably rolling out there as we are reading this. Or not.)

Does anyone else think she's alive somewhere? I get the feeling he has her shackled somewhere - as his plaything to go to whenever he felt like bringing his fantasy to life. I guess I'm just trying to remain hopeful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was on Fetlife a LOT April-June ish.

Does anyone have a tinder account? I can see that he has a profile there, but can't access without signing up. SO might not be as thrilled with me going there as he was about Fetlife, lol!

Let SO sign up?

Does anyone else think she's alive somewhere? I get the feeling he has her shackled somewhere - as his plaything to go to whenever he felt like bringing his fantasy to life. I guess I'm just trying to remain hopeful.

Who would be feeding her, etc, though? :/ Pretty risky to leave someone you kidnapped alive.

And I don't think he would've been constantly gaming if she was still alive.

Who would be feeding her, etc, though? :/ Pretty risky to leave someone you kidnapped alive.

And I don't think he would've been constantly gaming if she was still alive.

Good points. Ugh, wishful thinking on my part.

I wonder about his Gym activity after he picked her up. If there it didn't happen it's very possible she was still alive somewhere. If he continued she may have been killed immediately. The more I think about it that factory would be perfect. He's on his way to the gym when it's still dark so people can't see the suspicious activity there.

I found pictures of his tinder profile online. Not sure if ok to post.

This dreg of society is still exerting control over others by not telling where YingYing is!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

And I think he will continue to do so. He is a dom (did I get this word right?) after all and withholding info is now all that's left for him. I don't think he'll break any time soon. jmo

Oh, I completely agree with you. I don't believe he was job hunting, but that's what his attorney said. The attorney is going to do whatever he can to make BC seem normal. That will be a full time job for the attorney, IMO.
Yeah, I guess so. But his choice of words were not the best he could have used. “This is all a foreign thing to him. He has no criminal history,” Bruno said. (really?)

For starters...
7e9c53c55c8d9292059c78911af8a399.jpg

Gee, that almost looks too obvious, right across from his apt. complex; surely LE has considered it and checked it out; but still anxious for any additional info you get on it!

Someone asked about chance of YZ still being alive... of course I very much doubt it, BUT do hold out some slim, slim chance if all the police are going on is BC's overheard conversation; I suspect they have something more solid than that for their conclusion.

Most are from the Champaign News-Gazette, but I generally just check Google News throughout the day and Twitter to find new articles. If you click on the "title", I hyperlinked the article so you can go to it directly to see the source and read the rest of the articles. :)

Thanks for telling me...I never thought of that! Duh. So the case will remain in federal jurisdiction if YZ's body is found...because he kidnapped her first...sounds like.

Oh, I completely agree with you. I don't believe he was job hunting, but that's what his attorney said. The attorney is going to do whatever he can to make BC seem normal. That will be a full time job for the attorney, IMO.

I agree with you. Hot dang!!! That's a LOT of gaming. With my gaming I did maybe an hour a WEEK, if that. Obsessed is definitely the right word for it.

Most job hunting these days is done online. So i do think he has applied for jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly