Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #4 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE makes it clear, in the complaint filed against BC, that they believe Yingying is no longer alive. They base that belief, according to the complaint, on the audio recorded while he was under surveillance where he stated that he kidnapped her, took her back to his apartment, and otherwise held her there against her will. They then follow up by stating that as of June 30, she remains missing, and state that "based on this, and other facts uncovered during the investigation of this matter, law enforcement does not believe that YZ is still alive". I am very curious as to what the 'other facts uncovered' consist of. Although BC initially lied to LE about having picked Yingying up, when they initially spoke with him, and then changed his story on a follow-up interview, they obviously do believe that he was being truthful when he was recorded speaking to someone else. Was it because he spoke specifically of things he had done that they could verify or corroborate, based on evidence they seized? Was it, as I really believe, because they found video or photographic evidence on his seized phone? Was it because of evidence found, or seemingly destroyed, in his car or apartment? I don't imagine there was a large pool of blood found in his apartment, or it would most likely still be sealed by crime tape, and we have heard no one state that it is. Also, with arms the size of his, and being so much bigger than Yingying, without getting graphic, I think he could easily kill her without it being a bloodbath. Was it because of his digital footprint? I see that as possibly strong circumstantial evidence supporting other evidence, but dont see it, in and of itself, being something LE would use to say they believe she is dead. Curious as to what others feel the 'other facts uncovered' may be.

I would bet dollars to donuts that they have 1) photographic evidence from his phone, 2) hair, blood (trace), fingerprint or other physical evidence that she was in the apartment, 3) They found forensic evidence that she was in the backseat or trunk of one of his cars. I believe they may also have receipts from things that he bought to carry out the crime or dispose of her body or clean up the apartment or car, that they have uncovered more surveillance video that shows her in the car after he claimed to have let her out, or shows her entering his apartment.

I am just now realizing that since his lawyer claimed that the two were in contact before BC's arrest after the car was seized/searched, that he must have already consulted his lawyer before attending YZ's march. Wow, just wow. Surely he did not tell his attorney that he was planning to attend it. Surely his lawyer said, "I want you to stay away from everything having to do with her, her family, and so on" -- or maybe his lawyer thought that was so obvious he didn't need to say it??? Why would you be smart enough to speak to a lawyer and then dumb enough to discuss the crime with third parties after that???

This may have already been answered somewhere way back and I've forgotten?: YZ was possibly killed on a Friday afternoon... do we know when the next dumpster pickup at Stonegate Apts. would have been... I assume Monday at the earliest (no weekend work schedule)? And would every business/building in the neighborhood be on the same schedule, or different schedules depending on the dumpster service-provider.

I work at the apartment complex YY was on her way to. I can tell you the LE did not ask for our camera footage until after the car was impounded. And while the specific area they were looking to was not covered very well, they did not want any of the footage. It almost seemed as though they had what they already needed....imo
Well Hello OBSERVANT91! I am going to surmise by your input they were only verifying the fact that she NEVER made it to the North One apts....after getting into the vehicle. Interesting!! Maybe he told more than one version of his story. (Btw don't go away....because I want to know if "signing a lease" is so vital/time crucial that a person could delay a day if unable to make it. Do you have an extremely low vacancy factor?)
Your first post, and a zinger, too!!

I am just now realizing that since his lawyer claimed that the two were in contact before BC's arrest after the car was seized/searched, that he must have already consulted his lawyer before attending YZ's march. Wow, just wow. Surely he did not tell his attorney that he was planning to attend it. Surely his lawyer said, "I want you to stay away from everything having to do with her, her family, and so on" -- or maybe his lawyer thought that was so obvious he didn't need to say it??? Why would you be smart enough to speak to a lawyer and then dumb enough to discuss the crime with third parties after that???

Yeah, boggles the mind, doesn't it? As someone else noted way back in one of these threads I have perused the past few nights, this is maybe the bats**t craziest case I have ever followed here

I work at the apartment complex YY was on her way to. I can tell you the LE did not ask for our camera footage until after the car was impounded. And while the specific area they were looking to was not covered very well, they did not want any of the footage. It almost seemed as though they had what they already needed....imo

:wagon:

Thank you for your contribution!

This may have already been answered somewhere way back and I've forgotten?: YZ was possibly killed on a Friday afternoon... do we know when the next dumpster pickup at Stonegate Apts. would have been... I assume Monday at the earliest (no weekend work schedule)? And would every business/building in the neighborhood be on the same schedule, or different schedules depending on the dumpster service-provider.

I have no personal knowledge of how garbage disposal works in Champaign/Urbana, but in most cities, dumpsters are all handled by private companies. The bigger ones, like Waste Management, might have a few accounts in the same general area and may try to optimize their pick-up routes, but I think it would be hard to know how many were on the same schedule, or what exactly, that schedule was, without a local person who's familiar with the complex.

Welcome, Observant91!!!!!

Yeah, boggles the mind, doesn't it? As someone else noted way back in one of these threads I have perused the past few nights, this is maybe the bats**t craziest case I have ever followed here

Hah hah, that was me.

I thought at first that he was going after his water bottle but then whatever he pulled out they both were looking at it intently (intently is my opinion) and I just don't think they would both seem so interested in a water bottle.

I thought at first that he was going after his water bottle but then whatever he pulled out they both were looking at it intently (intently is my opinion) and I just don't think they would both seem so interested in a water bottle.

Nope, I don't think so either :)

I think he pulled it out and offered it to her which is why she looked at it
she probably said she was thirsty or something

Re: why he would confide in a 3rd party after being self aware enough to have already consulted an attorney

I'm leaning toward, because that person has had his intimate trust over a long period of time, and he believes he has their unconditional love
Or

There is a mutual blackmail type situation with that person (ie, he "had something on them,"); maybe related to this case, maybe not.

Wow, he looks so harmless to me. Like a total dork, but a harmless dork.

I had a different impression. All the other classmates were in apparent joking mood, laughing/smiling, but BC never had a smile on his face, had a serious look throughout, even the ghostly "laughing" face at the end did not have a lighthearted feeling.

Well, today I was passed by a University of Illinois Police SUV with K9 written on it's side going 90mph eastbound on I-74 near Ogden about 15 miles east of Urbana. Could have been an officer just going home at the end of their shift who lives way out. Or perhaps there's a search going on somewhere to the east of town that hasn't been publicized.

So, it turns out some people had already detected B.C. was a creep before the abduction. So much for: "he was just a normal guy".

"Others who lived in the same apartment complex have since come out to describe him as 'creepy'.

Alyssa Patterson told the News Gazette she remembered his distinct walk and gait.

'He is really quiet. It's creepy, how he walked, how he held himself,' she said following his arrest.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nois-grad-student-s-arrest.html#ixzz4mMCW5WXo
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I discount that woman as simply seeking her 15 minutes of fame. She only lived in the complex for a very short time before this happened and is seeing it in retrospect. Those who knew him better said he had them all fooled and never saw it coming.

I had a different impression. All the other classmates were in apparent joking mood, laughing/smiling, but BC never had a smile on his face, had a serious look throughout, even the ghostly "laughing" face at the end did not have a lighthearted feeling.

Great minds think alike. :loveyou:

Re: why he would confide in a 3rd party after being self aware enough to have already consulted an attorney

I'm leaning toward, because that person has had his intimate trust over a long period of time, and he believes he has their unconditional love
Or

There is a mutual blackmail type situation with that person (ie, he "had something on them,"); maybe related to this case, maybe not.

What if he just couldn't restrain himself, couldn't hold it in any more, out of sick sadistic pride that it was him that caused all this pain and grief?

or maybe guilt (he is still human in there somewhere or some version of it)?

Maybe he knows the FBI is watching his every move and the stress got to him and he had a weak moment and let it fly?

I def believe he trusted whomever he said it too, I also believe he thinks he's smarter than everybody else so was careful in his wording. It will be interesting to hear exactly what was said and in what context during that convo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audreyshura