Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Specific question I have in regards to some details about the fantasy forum:

The kidnapping fantasy forum was located within that fantasy forum? Did it talk about real life abduction? Is something like that, which may motivate people to commit real crimes legal in USA? I am from Sweden so I am not so sure on laws for there. Is it treated like child *advertiser censored*, hidden in the very depths of the internet (for lack of better term)?

Thanks

I'm so glad you're asking. The site itself is NOT hidden, it's rather mainstream actually, with a huge member base.

The abduction fantasy group was (it's not visible anymore) housed with the other groups, also not hidden. It's set up kinda like Facebook, you join the groups you're interested in.

Discussion in the group, from what I saw, was ABSOLUTELY NOT about planning real abductions, committing crimes of any sort, or otherwise harming anyone.

It was like, how to proceed with planning a fantasy abduction, finding consenting partners, how to explore the fantasy safely and without including unaware folks. There is emphasis on communication and honesty. There are people who list exactly what they'd like to do, some just want to talk about it, maybe like old school cyber sex. Others mark themselves available for fantasy abduction and list their personal boundaries.

I could go on, but I'll wait for questions. :)

IF BC followed this forum, I'm truly baffled by his confidence and seeming lack of concern at getting caught, coupled with his arrogance in attending the vigil and spouting off his confession and pointing out potential victims. Surely he could sense that LE knew a lot more than was being reported. Did he consider himself THAT superior? It's a wonder he didn't take the next flight asap out of the country.

I'm so glad you're asking. The site itself is NOT hidden, it's rather mainstream actually, with a huge member base.

The abduction fantasy group was (it's not visible anymore) housed with the other groups, also not hidden. It's set up kinda like Facebook, you join the groups you're interested in.

Discussion in the group, from what I saw, was ABSOLUTELY NOT about planning real abductions, committing crimes of any sort, or otherwise harming anyone.

It was like, how to proceed with planning a fantasy abduction, finding consenting partners, how to explore the fantasy safely and without including unaware folks. There is emphasis on communication and honesty. There are people who list exactly what they'd like to do, some just want to talk about it, maybe like old school cyber sex. Others mark themselves available for fantasy abduction and list their personal boundaries.

I could go on, but I'll wait for questions. :)

Thanks so much, this is really great to know, and especially good info to pass on I believe as I can imagine that the average person who uses these sites is completely non-harmful and it must be frustrating for them to now be a "center of attention" in the media which will surely twist it to every horrible way we can imagine!

I find the entire case really very strange, fascinating, and sad. What a strange fellow as I could never imagine a physicist who identifies with a house/group on Harry Potter!

I've seen this referenced, but no links. Do you have one?

I don't have a link. I was just going off what I've read early on in the thread on here. I've tried searching but couldn't find anything to back it up.
b35cc013b47b234bd83193c5ad2ef17b.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3871f4066fac5b49f89d50ab3ccedd20.png

I don't have a link. I was just going off what I've read early on in the thread on here. I've tried searching but couldn't find anything to back it up.
b35cc013b47b234bd83193c5ad2ef17b.png

3871f4066fac5b49f89d50ab3ccedd20.png

Hmm... I feel like we should probably keep that in the rumor category until we can substantiate the ping.

I tried searching for a news source, but had no luck.

Hope her remains are recovered; if she is deceased !
Possibly killed for someone else's sick "amusement". Makes me want to :puke:

It seems like this guy wanted people to know about his evil thoughts/ways. He joined a web forum. He admitted his crime to someone during an apparent phone conversation. He attended a vigil. Surely he will want everyone to know the details of his crime. Surely he will confess soon and provide details of what he did. If was questioning him, I'd want him to think I was in awe of his achievement just to get him to brag about it.

I am curious about this guy's money situation. It sounds like he wasn't working. Who was paying his bills? Was he hurting for money?

Hmm... I feel like we should probably keep that in the rumor category until we can substantiate the ping.

I tried searching for a news source, but had no luck.

Definitely. I knew I had read about it but didn't realise it wasn't backed up with anything.

Do we know if BC's phone has been tracked?

I haven't watched the footage extensively but my thought was cameraman almost certainly knew he was a suspect. This was right before he was arrested, he had been questioned multiple times and his car had been taken.

There are so many people involved in these investigations, big things like that don't stay secret. The FBI officials won't talk, but a lot of people down the local LE chain and beyond will and it stays unpublished. In my experience, by this vigil we (news) usually would already know who he was and gathered all the background we could.

However, the revelation after the fact that he was at the vigil wasn't pointed out by a local news org., was it? And it came in a second wave later after the arrests stories. If a station at the vigil had known, this would be HUGE for online revenue and hits and they'd have been chomping at the bit to release it as soon as he was arrested and named publicly.

So I think it was coincidental, and we're trained to show a variety of races at events. He and the date were probably focused on a bit and chosen in the footage because they were white in a sea of many Asians.

I wonder if the female friend had someone she knew come to film them there, to ensure it was documented.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/more-details-of-chinese-scholars-kidnapping-emerge/

Hmm, has anyone else watched this video in full? At the very end, the reporter says the Zhang family is planning to drive a few hours from the CU area because they heard from someone that they believe they saw her there (it wasn't revealed where). What do you think this is all about?

Hope. I think the Zhang family wants to explore any and every possibility that Yingying is still alive. I can't blame them.

Just MVHO.

It seems like this guy wanted people to know about his evil thoughts/ways. He joined a web forum. He admitted his crime to someone during an apparent phone conversation. He attended a vigil. Surely he will want everyone to know the details of his crime. Surely he will confess soon and provide details of what he did. If was questioning him, I'd want him to think I was in awe of his achievement just to get him to brag about it.

I am curious about this guy's money situation. It sounds like he wasn't working. Who was paying his bills? Was he hurting for money?

Do we know he admitted it during a phone conversation? they could have it bugged or else someone else could have recorded it in person.

As far as I know except for his lawyer and some former professors I have not read any media accounts of people defending him. And even the professors are somewhat attenuated - one was from 4 years ago when he was a college student at a different university. Given that mental illness tends to develop in early 20s someone knowing you 4 years ago in a professional setting would potentially be irrelevant. Indeed, anyone in a professional setting isn't really relevant- people don't act like themselves in professional settings.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/more-details-of-chinese-scholars-kidnapping-emerge/

Hmm, has anyone else watched this video in full? At the very end, the reporter says the Zhang family is planning to drive a few hours from the CU area because they heard from someone that they believe they saw her there (it wasn't revealed where). What do you think this is all about?
A Salem, IL resident on Facebook made the claim that a woman was going around town trying to sell her jewlry. And she claims it was Yingying.

http://www.x95radio.com/2017/07/06/...-salem-of-abducted-u-of-i-scholar-from-china/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Interesting!!! I tend to still believe (even though I don't want to) the original report from LE that based what they have learned and heard, she is no longer alive. How wonderful it would be if it was her that someone saw and if I were her parents, I would be going to check it out also.

BTW-- Great sleuthing group in here for this case. !! I have been following along and checking in when I can ! Keep it up...you ALL ARE GREAT !!

There was someone in Salem, IL, who reported on Facebook that she thought Yingying came to her store that day. She said the FBI never followed up with her. I don't want to link to anything to try to keep this post acceptable; sorry if this is not ok even without the link.

I think it will be so upsetting for her family when they find out it's not Yingying [emoji20]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member