Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The word "persist" bothers me more than "demanded"...

English is not my first language, but "persist" like "insist", to me sound like "obstinate determination", like "he plans on being stubborn".

The only reasonable doubt is actually the story he tells now, isn't it? "She panicked and he let her get off the car", but in that case, how come we can't see the feed from any other camera ?
After seeing the video shared by Paul Wilson

[video=youtube;oCAElCVBet4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCAElCVBet4[/video]

I know there actually is a lot of cameras along the way, and no matter if she got out of the car or not, it should be possible to track the car for a longer time, shouldn't it?

If the FBI has a recording (from the vigil) where he admits that he did bring her back to his apartment and that she tried to fight him to get free, then how could his lawyer let him plead not guilty? Could it be that BC and his lawyer don't know what evidence the FBI has to this day? Also, at one point I got the impression that the FBI had proof that YY was not alive anymore, I thought they had found photos or video on his phone, but in that case his lawyers couldn't let him plead not guilty, unless he is planning to make it all look like temporary insanity, which is impossible since he was a FetLife user, because of those abduction fantasy subjects, and because he circled around the block with his car to pick her up, even though YY was a victim of opportunity, he was more or less looking for someone to abduct, which means premeditation, which rules out insanity.

How come we could have the video feed from two/three security cameras but not more? I really feel the mystery is being kept on purpose, if the FBI shared that much, then how come they can't share more of what they obviously have? If more people know what they have, then more people can help look for YY or have new ideas... I got used to the amazing efficiency of Hotch and his team in Criminal Minds, I can't believe it is taking so long, and now when thinking of Elisa Lam, and of BC's lawyer words "it could take a year or more", I think there is a chance we will never know, and all we can hear from the FBI now is "we are doing everything we can", or "this is our job, we know what we are doing", when what I see is they are following the protocol, in other terms they are doing as little as the manual allows them to.
Brilliant post, thanks so much, I had not seen that.
I share your questions, not in USA either, i'm in Ireland.

Do you have any idea what the current state of play re searching is/ was or will be/

I am thinking darkweb.. that fetlife was merely tip of the iceberg or a ruse..
are any searches being arranged locally?
Here, if somebody is missing we search and we search for weeks and months, often we dont even have a colour of a garment- mostly suicides and river and mudbank searches.. but we dont stop and we dont give up.

I'm really astounded that nobody is still searching. A poster a few posts up said there are abandoned buildings.. there must be..
I think this dude's real life contacts were few.. his actual life was online..I read in a university chatroom that he used to spend up to 8 hrs a day gaming, and that was 6 yrs ago..
I think its a fair guess that his deviance progressed..
I want her found.. and his online history is our only map.
What are your thoughts?

Anyone know when he's next in court or is that not on the cards yet?

@kittythehare

I have no idea, I have been considering flying there to check every dumpster, every garage and every forest in the area by myself, but I think that would be pretentious of me, to think that it has not been done several times already. I just find it impossible that no other camera have captured images relevant to this case, the YouTube video above demonstrates that there are cameras everywhere, so it's frustrating.

About the dark web, I would think someone with the skills to navigate it would have access to hidden forums on the dark web, instead of going on something as public as FetLife... Also, I would think that someone with the skills to navigate the dark web would think of deleting his web history, especially after actually abducting someone. So BC doesn't appear to me as someone with the skills to get on the dark web. If he did, there would be a TAR browser installed on his computer at least...

@kittythehare

I have no idea, I have been considering flying there to check every dumpster, every garage and every forest in the area by myself, but I think that would be pretentious of me, to think that it has not been done several times already. I just find it impossible that no other camera have captured images relevant to this case, the YouTube video above demonstrates that there are cameras everywhere, so it's frustrating.

About the dark web, I would think someone with the skills to navigate it would have access to hidden forums on the dark web, instead of going on something as public as FetLife... Also, I would think that someone with the skills to navigate the dark web would think of deleting his web history, especially after actually abducting someone. So BC doesn't appear to me as someone with the skills to get on the dark web. If he did, there would be a TAR browser installed on his computer at least...
To the contrary, there seems to have been no official searches. Once the fbi hinted YY was likely deceased, everyone seemed to move on to a remebrance ceremony. No horse,or dog searches, no large groups meeting multiple times at varied locations as we usually see with missing endangered persons.

Regarding his anti-depressant and its side effects, effects and symptoms of addiction, posted a few posts down. I was listening to this again [video=youtube;LhjSYbSMENQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhjSYbSMENQ[/video] and it reminded me of the side-effects when the police interviewed him initially
- didn't remember where he had been that day
-may have been asleep
-may have been playing video games
-wasn't sure..
this amounts to his defence for lying.
Drug is his defence. For lying.
Perfect

To the contrary, there seems to have been no official searches. Once the fbi hinted YY was likely deceased, everyone seemed to move on to a remebrance ceremony. No horse,or dog searches, no large groups meeting multiple times at varied locations as we usually see with missing endangered persons.

And I have to admit, this bothers me a lot. For the longest time, I tried to defend LE here by saying that I felt like they probably were doing everything they could to locate her remains, and that they probably were doing some searches based on findings in the investigation, but I am seriously beginning to wonder now if that is, in fact, the case. Surely LE knows that their case against BC will be immensely stronger if she is found, but unless they know for sure that her remains cannot be recovered, and can show that to a jury, and show them why, then it seems, I am afraid we may never know for certain exactly what happened to her. I pray that she is found, even more so for her family than for the case against BC (who I think can be convicted whether she is found or not). JMO

Then what do we know for sure? Is the FBI hint that she is likely deceased based on solid evidence we don't know the existence of? Or is it loosely based on some FBI statistic that says that if a person is missing for more than X days, then there is no need to bother with an official search? Is anyone working on finding her? Or is everybody working on finding someone to punish before moving on?

Pre-trial: August 28
Trial: September 12

Seriously, his trial is scheduled to start on September 12? That has got to be some sort of record. I will take a wager that it will not happen. I predict that the defense will want to do independent testing of the evidence as soon as are able to access it, and between that and other delays, it will be many months before a trial starts. Or else there will be additional charges, which will put back the date...our lawyer friends would know better what the cause of the delays will be, but my wager is that this will not go to trial before September 2018.

I live 90 miles west of where this happened and try to watch all news on tv and on the internet. To my knowledge there has not been even one official search for her. I've never known LE to just not even search for missing people whether they believe a person is alive or dead. By now they should be consulting psychics for help. I've seen them do that in other cases. This case though, nothing! Why???

I live 90 miles west of where this happened and try to watch all news on tv and on the internet. To my knowledge there has not been even one official search for her. I've never known LE to just not even search for missing people whether they believe a person is alive or dead. By now they should be consulting psychics for help. I've seen them do that in other cases. This case though, nothing! Why???
I went searching and though this site can be notoriously inaccurate, this seems accurate and up to date https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Yingying_Zhang
Specific to search efforts https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Yingying_Zhang#Search_efforts

You are dead right, minimal and she was reported missing at 9.40pm.. 7 hrs.. before anybody looked for her..
Also diturbing is that FBI , according to this, looked at car when they did initially didn't take it away on that occasion but based on their visual impression passenger door APPEARED cleaner..
I had been under the impression it had been tested for the presence of chemical cleaning agents when they made that statement.

Its looking more skimpy by the minute/
Now I am wondering whether the statement regarding the massive federal and state resources being made available for the search was mere politicising and made in an effort to maintain harmonious relationship with China due to NK antics..
I hope I am wrong.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...ahead-protracted-trial-accused-kidnapper.html

New article as of this morning entitled: China asks searchers to step up ahead of protracted trial for accused kidnapper

If you have facebook, you should follow The News-Gazette. Commenters, for the first time really, are questioning why there hasn't been any public searches. Perhaps the added pressure will convince authorities to at least respond to why or perhaps even release more information.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I went searching and though this site can be notoriously inaccurate, this seems accurate and up to date https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Yingying_Zhang
Specific to search efforts https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Yingying_Zhang#Search_efforts

You are dead right, minimal and she was reported missing at 9.40pm.. 7 hrs.. before anybody looked for her..
Also diturbing is that FBI , according to this, looked at car when they did initially didn't take it away on that occasion but based on their visual impression passenger door APPEARED cleaner..
I had been under the impression it had been tested for the presence of chemical cleaning agents when they made that statement.

Its looking more skimpy by the minute/
Now I am wondering whether the statement regarding the massive federal and state being made available for the search was mere politicising and made in an effort to maintain harmonious relationship with China due to NK antics..
I hope I am wrong.

Accept for a couple individual people doing their own searches like the ones you can see on YouTube there have been no big searches with 100's of people and dogs. The media would be all over that. This area is known for its corn and bean fields, like there's miles of fields in a lot of areas. When I was a kid you could easily walk between the rows of corn, some of it 14+ ft tall. Today the farmers plant it so close together it would be very difficult to walk between the rows. BC doesn't strike me as the type who would want to get dirty or deal with insects one finds in fields. He's more of a sissy or atleast he looks like one. IMO he took her inside a structure of some sort, abandoned building or house or a storage unit. As far as the lack of searching, IMO, it is politically based and the city and university trying to save face. How much money would they lose if they lost their Chinese student population?

Seriously, his trial is scheduled to start on September 12? That has got to be some sort of record. I will take a wager that it will not happen. I predict that the defense will want to do independent testing of the evidence as soon as are able to access it, and between that and other delays, it will be many months before a trial starts. Or else there will be additional charges, which will put back the date...our lawyer friends would know better what the cause of the delays will be, but my wager is that this will not go to trial before September 2018.

I agree. After BC was denied bail on July 5th and the additional information was released, a reporter asked BC's attorney about the evidence against his client to which he replied, "Of course it's not really evidence at all yet. One of the first principles of the American system of justice is the right to confront and cross-examine witnesses against you. There was certainly no cross-examination when it's a one sided recitation of what the government hopes to prove. We're entitled to test that evidence to see if it's reliable".

IMO there's going to be all sorts of delays. I anticipate the first thing BC's attorneys will do is file a motion for a change of venue and a motion to suppress some of the evidence. It wouldn't surprise me if they file a motion to have some of the records sealed from the public until after the trial because the last two or three comments from BC's attorneys were about the public jumping to conclusions without knowing all of the facts and their client's "constitutional right to a fair trial".

I continue to assume that there is no way we would have seen this paucity of searching unless LE has very solid physical evidence that YY is deceased AND in a location off-limits to the public. The evidence may come from cadaver dogs visiting BC’s apt. and pictures on his cellphone (I honestly can’t imagine what OTHER evidence they could have, because I don’t think anything his demented, delusional mind said on tape can be trusted — even if he gave a detailed verbal account of killing her, I don’t think that is very evidential; could be pure fantasy).
As far as location, my first choice remains a landfill that the general public would not have access to (and could be almost impossible to search thoroughly), but it could also be remote private land somewhere that doesn’t allow the public, or perhaps the bottom of a lake or river, or finally just somewhere too dangerous to get the public involved, like a cave or mineshaft. But the police must have some pretty precise idea, or I think they would’ve called for public assistance well before now. (I hope I’m not giving them more credit than they deserve!)

I agree. After BC was denied bail on July 5th and the additional information was released, a reporter asked BC's attorney about the evidence against his client to which he replied, "Of course it's not really evidence at all yet. One of the first principles of the American system of justice is the right to confront and cross-examine witnesses against you. There was certainly no cross-examination when it's a one sided recitation of what the government hopes to prove. We're entitled to test that evidence to see if it's reliable".

IMO there's going to be all sorts of delays. I anticipate the first thing BC's attorneys will do is file a motion for a change of venue and a motion to suppress some of the evidence. It wouldn't surprise me if they file a motion to have some of the records sealed from the public until after the trial because the last two or three comments from BC's attorneys were about the public jumping to conclusions without knowing all of the facts and their client's "constitutional right to a fair trial".

I would have expected the change of venue motion to have been presented at the arraignment. It CAN be done later, I think, but I'm starting to think maybe it won't happen. In my experience, those usually got filed ASAP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I just found this article .
Its written in very poor English but I persisted because it kept throwing up interesting (to me) tidbits..
Now paragraphs are a tad muddly and subjects interwoven.. At one point it appears to describe the work of an artist who created photo likenesses of BC from the cctv footage we have all been analysing.
They are pretty remarkable..
As I progressed I was noticing that it was requiring I read it with my third eye, just as a result of the convoluted movements my brain was required to make in order to follow it.
It may be of interest to some, it did describe much of the detail we already have.
Enjoyable
http://www.aiainews.com/international/2017/07/04/74643.html

My theory is that LE may have found a body part or something of this nature which would lead them to strongly believe she would already be deceased. Eg, if they found an arm or a hand or something, or even just an amount of blood, it would seem more likely that she had been murdered as opposed to just let go or hidden.

Opinion only!!!! (And I have no idea, maybe they have no evidence or they're still searching etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member