Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't heasrd of the " showing up at a sewer outlet " thing before. He said that? All I can say is..IF she does end up being found in that plant someday...there are some FBI clowns gonna be needin a new job!
I cannot remember where that was written, possibly on the Chinese report too, possibly attributed to LE.. think I remember it from around the time her parents returned to China without her..and those may not be the exact words used either..
But, there are no cliffs within walking distance of his apartment.. no geographical elements that could assist his disposal?
So, back to urban only..

I know you put a lot of heart and legwork into this yourself and provided a unique perspective.. and I know you went the route you describe and the response you got..
And that honors YY and I really appreciate it, though am not physically there..

Again, flash back to amber alert at 10pm.. he would have needed to get rid of her quickly.. roadblocks would be expected.. he didn't spot the cctv at the time, but possibly thought of it later.. in his first denial to police, was it rehearsed, I wonder?

If it was a thing that the Chinese report is inaccurate regarding the 5 hr deadline, kidnap to her death.. he would have had no reason to dispose of her in a hurry.. but amber alert could well have prohibited any further travel that evening or subsequently..

Just bear with me on this and take above scenario into a/c.. he needed to get rid of her that night, sometime after 10pm and he could not use a car. He would have had to carry her wherever he intended to dispose of her..

what were his options within walking distance, while carrying a large bag that could have resembled a laundry bag? (still working with the quick setting cement possibility for the exercise.. or some similar substance that he either had in his possession or could easily procure from a late night hardware shop without arousing suspicion..)

one such place is the old cement building we spend so much time with..

where else could he have gone, that night, carrying her, and following the 2200hrs amber alert?

A manhole is a possibility and could be what was referred to when it was said 'unless she turns up at some water outlet/sewer?
We know he traversed road from his home to gym every day and can safely assume he was familiar with it..

so that's a very short journey..
what do you think?
This is the second time tonight that you've mentioned an amber alert for her, and it has me confused. Amber alerts are for children. Criteria for Illinois amber alerts are:

1. Law enforcement must confirm a child has been abducted.
2. The child must be under the age of 16 or have a proven mental or physical disability.
3. Law enforcement must believe the child is in danger of serious bodily harm or death.
4. There is enough descriptive information about the child, abductor, and/or suspect’s vehicle to believe an immediate broadcast alert will help.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is the second time tonight that you've mentioned an amber alert for her, and it has me confused. Amber alerts are for children. Criteria for Illinois amber alerts are:

1. Law enforcement must confirm a child has been abducted.
2. The child must be under the age of 16 or have a proven mental or physical disability.
3. Law enforcement must believe the child is in danger of serious bodily harm or death.
4. There is enough descriptive information about the child, abductor, and/or suspect’s vehicle to believe an immediate broadcast alert will help.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Confused? google for original alert on the Friday night of June 9.. in case I got the colour wrong.. hope this helps.

Please stop being snarky to each other.

I don't care who said what first just stop.

If someone is being snarky you please alert the post and scroll by. When you answer you create more work for the mods.

Thank you,
Tricia

Confused? google for original alert on the Friday night of June 9.. in case I got the colour wrong.. hope this helps.

I don't think they put out a public alert on the evening of the 9th. The first public notification was put out at approximately 2:30 PM on the 10th, giving initial details and asking the public for any info they might have.

Between 9:24 PM on the 9th (the time she was reported missing by her advisor) and 2:30 PM on the 10th, they checked her lab office and apartment, checked with local and regional hospitals to see if she had been admitted, checked with taxi companies to see if someone matching her description had purchased a ride, and checked at Illinois Terminal (Amtrak and long distance bus depot) to see if she had purchased a train or bus ticket and departed from the terminal. I believe they also used K-9 units to search the grounds around Orchard Downs (university housing where she was living). While that was going on, they interviewed her friends/coworkers to figure out what she was doing that day, then subsequently contacted the manager at One North (complex where she was going to rent an apartment) and viewed his text messages with her.

So, by early afternoon on the 10th, they had determined she wasn't in an accident and in the hospital, she hadn't apparently left town on her own, and had figured out where she was going on the afternoon of the 9th and what was the last contact anyone had with her -and figured out she never made it to her intended destination. That's the point they realized there was a high likelihood they had a very serious situation on their hands, and began to notify the public and ask for any info people might have. I assume that while that notice was being put out, they were already gathering security camera footage and starting to review it to see if they could spot her and track her movements .

I don't think they put out a public alert on the evening of the 9th. The first public notification was put out at approximately 2:30 PM on the 10th, giving initial details and asking the public for any info they might have.

Between 9:24 PM on the 9th (the time she was reported missing by her advisor) and 2:30 PM on the 10th, they checked her lab office and apartment, checked with local and regional hospitals to see if she had been admitted, checked with taxi companies to see if someone matching her description had purchased a ride, and checked at Illinois Terminal (Amtrak and long distance bus depot) to see if she had purchased a train or bus ticket and departed from the terminal. I believe they also used K-9 units to search the grounds around Orchard Downs (university housing where she was living). While that was going on, they interviewed her friends/coworkers to figure out what she was doing that day, then subsequently contacted the manager at One North (complex where she was going to rent an apartment) and viewed his text messages with her.

So, by early afternoon on the 10th, they had determined she wasn't in an accident and in the hospital, she hadn't apparently left town on her own, and had figured out where she was going on the afternoon of the 9th and what was the last contact anyone had with her -and figured out she never made it to her intended destination. That's the point they realized there was a high likelihood they had a very serious situation on their hands, and began to notify the public and ask for any info people might have. I assume that while that notice was being put out, they were already gathering security camera footage and starting to review it to see if they could spot her and track her movements .
If that is accurate, then theres no way he would have known she had been reported missing on the Friday night? That kills that nicely.
BUT. remember 3 different LE bodies were involved
university police first, as far as i recall,
local LE
and finally FBI..

YY was actually reported missing on the night of June9.
source-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Yingying_Zhang
relevant Paragraph- The leasing agent sent a text message to her at approximately 2:38 p.m., but received no reply.[SUP][2][/SUP] As the hours passed, Zhang's friends, aware of her errand and expecting her to return quickly, grew increasingly worried. At 9:24 p.m., an associate professor called police to report her missing.[SUP][1]

An associate professor reported Zhang missing to U. of I. police at 9:24 p.m. A responding officer spoke to the professor and several of Zhang’s friends, all of whom said they knew she was heading to sign the apartment lease but had not been able to contact her for several hours. The officer went to Zhang’s current apartment, which was locked and vacant, the affidavit states.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-illinois-student-charges-20170630-story.html
I have a feeling an alert went out that very night. I cannot track it now, though I know its on an earlier thread here.

[/SUP]

YY was actually reported missing on the night of June9.
source-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Yingying_Zhang
relevant Paragraph- The leasing agent sent a text message to her at approximately 2:38 p.m., but received no reply.[SUP][2][/SUP] As the hours passed, Zhang's friends, aware of her errand and expecting her to return quickly, grew increasingly worried. At 9:24 p.m., an associate professor called police to report her missing.[SUP][1]

An associate professor reported Zhang missing to U. of I. police at 9:24 p.m. A responding officer spoke to the professor and several of Zhang’s friends, all of whom said they knew she was heading to sign the apartment lease but had not been able to contact her for several hours. The officer went to Zhang’s current apartment, which was locked and vacant, the affidavit states.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-illinois-student-charges-20170630-story.html
I have a feeling an alert went out that very night. I cannot track it now, though I know its on an earlier thread here.

[/SUP]

Right. Her advisor ( the assistant professor ) reported her missing to the police that night. There was not a public alert released at that time -unless you want to consider the local hospitals and taxi companies being contacted as an alert. The first widespread public announcement went out Saturday afternoon.

I really hate him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the standard caveat of innocent until proven guilty applies, but assuming that he's done what authorities have stated, he is truly a worthless excuse for a human being. She was totally innocent and harmless, and what he did was cruel, heartless and totally senseless.

Right. Her advisor ( the assistant professor ) reported her missing to the police that night. There was not a public alert released at that time -unless you want to consider the local hospitals and taxi companies being contacted as an alert. The first widespread public announcement went out Saturday afternoon.
the daily crime report and alert system from uCIC may well have kicked in as well, in which case he could well have had access being an ex student. We posted the logs here before.. but they changed the system and now only hold records for previous 2 months.. but I may have copy pasted it from the original text..
The discussion arose because a girl had been approached earlier that day and there was some criticism of university authorities because alert had not been sent immediately after that incident, the argument was that had YY seen or been sent that alert it may have saved her..

anyway, the point is whether he too would have had access to those alerts and whether receipt of such an alert regarding her disappearance would have forced him to dispose of her quicker than he had planned and on foot..
and the purpose of that theory was to check whether he may have disposed of her very locally.. but i wrote all that already.

Does anybody know anything of the properties and availability of quick setting cement or similar? I can google it but often it's more useful to talk with someone who has used it.

the daily crime report and alert system from uCIC may well have kicked in as well, in which case he could well have had access being an ex student. We posted the logs here before.. but they changed the system and now only hold records for previous 2 months.. but I may have copy pasted it from the original text..
The discussion arose because a girl had been approached earlier that day and there was some criticism of university authorities because alert had not been sent immediately after that incident, the argument was that had YY seen or been sent that alert it may have saved her..

anyway, the point is whether he too would have had access to those alerts and whether receipt of such an alert regarding her disappearance would have forced him to dispose of her quicker than he had planned and on foot..
and the purpose of that theory was to check whether he may have disposed of her very locally.. but i wrote all that already.

Yes, I remember this now. There was a huge discussion about this locally. When they get a report of a crime, they are supposed to log it and make notice publicly in something called the Cleary Log (named fr the Cleary Act,which mandates this). Not sure how often that public log is updated. Maybe daily, but I don't think it is hourly or real-time. Not 100% sure. Then, there is the UI alert system, which is notices about crime that may represent an ongoing danger. Once they are notified of something, if they think it warrants an alert being sent, they contact Universty administration, get permission, and send out mass e-mail, tweets, Facebook posting etc.

So, lots of people were upset that an alert wasn't sent about the girl who had someone in a black car try to pick her up. The problem was that the incident wasn't reported to UIUC police; it was reported to Urbana PD, and Urbana PD didn't inform UI PD when they responded to the incident.

The incident took place off campus in Urbana, a few blocks east of Lincoln avenue, and the girl called Urbana PD. So, they had no idea that it had happened, and had no opportunity to send out an alert. In fact, they didn't learn of the incident until Monday after YY was abducted. Even if they had, there is no way to assume YY would have seen it; she may have missed the e-mail, and since she was only here for six weeks, she may not have signed up to receive text alerts yet. It certainly would have helped and COULD have saved her, but no way to know......

Off on another wild tangent here… long ago folks mentioned the possibility that BC had committed similar crimes before (and gone uncaught), and maybe his trail should be checked for other missing persons reports along his travels — I don’t remember anything coming of that in the past, but more-and-more I do think he may have done this before and gotten away with it which is what made him so brazen this time.
So I quickly checked for missing persons in Wisconsin (there are a lot, but focusing on certain criteria I eliminated most) and ended up with 2 of at least some interest:

Catalina West-Esquivel was initially a (Hispanic) run-away who disappeared on November 23, 2015 at the age of 17. She was 5’ 01” and 100 lbs. She disappeared from Milwaukee which is about an hour east of Madison where BC had attended college. He would’ve been in Champaign for school at the time, but could’ve been home or headed home for Thanksgiving vacation around the 23rd. (T-giving was the 26th). Here’s a link to the missing person notice:
https://www.missingpersons.doj.wi.gov/missing/catalina-west-esquivel

But the one I find more interesting is Krista Sypher, though she was 44 at time of disappearance (seems out of his chosen range), and 5’3” 160 lbs. She disappeared from Plover, WI., on Mar. 20, 2015, VERY near where BC grew up in Stevens Point. Apparently some items of interest in her case have been found in a landfill, but she has not been found. Again, BC would’ve been in Champaign at that time but Spring Break that year officially started on March 21, so was he possibly in WI. on Mar. 20?
Here are a couple of links on the Sypher case:

https://www.missingpersons.doj.wi.gov/missing/krisya-sypher
https://www.spcitytimes.com/2017/09/22/six-months-later-where-is-krista/

I’ve got to believe that LE has been tracking BC’s movement history, with the same thought that YY may not have been his first time. So even if these 2 instances are just wild goose chases, I wish we knew more about his movements over the last decade or so.

would Brendt Christensen have been informed, I wonder?
Was his name on list? Its quite possible.
It's also quite possible he checked? Maybe. Pure speculation, I know..
Did he know the heat was on quicker than he would have expected it and how could it have influenced his movements and disposal?

webthrush.. yeah, I think it's likely she was not his first victim.
Just a tad stuck on his motivation.

He had considerable access to women from his online activities alone, providing him with unlimited quantities and variations of both sex and violence.
Would have been traceable, for sure but sensing his motivation was based on a desire to kill more than a desire for simple or complex sex or violence.
Not sure I understand what he gained from quenching life.. was it power desire and in what other ways did this manifest in his life?

He was a teacher too, had access to many vulnerable students, yet there are no complaints against him in this field and noDV charges on record either..
A carefully controlled psychopath?
If indeed the chinese report proves accurate and no idea whether it is or not, the kill was accomplished within 5 hrs.
That begs the question why he brought he back to his apartment?
He could have just driven her somewhere off the beaten track and killed her in complete privacy and filmed his actions more easily than he could have done in his apartment and without the risk of being seen carrying her in.

His apartment would have provided him with electricity, possibly a bath, possibly gas.. something he could not have easily accessed in the open countryside..
That action, the bringing of her home, more than anything else is the greatest mystery to me.

We still do not know definitively that he did not have an assistant.
Or that he sold her or traded images or footage of his actions..

The cleaning of the passenger door as referenced by feds in warrant did not state whether it was the internal or external door that had received the over zealous cleaning.
Would be interesting to know which cleaning fluid he used.. h2O2 is useful for blood.
I will take some time to read your cases

Krista missing 2017, not 2015 https://www.facebook.com/Bringkristahome/
she was an educational assistant..
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Krista Sypher, a 44-year-old educational assistant with the Stevens Point School District, was last seen at her Hoffman Dr. home on March 13. Her husband, Jason Sypher, reported her missing during a walk-in visit to the Plover Police Dept. on March 20. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]It’s still not clear why the husband waited so long to file the missing person’s report. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]“This is far, far from a cold case,” Police Chief Dan Ault said on Wednesday, adding his dept. has[/FONT][FONT=&quot] released as many details to the public as possible without damaging the investigation, or any court case that could emerge later. “But I can tell you t[/FONT][FONT=&quot]here hasn’t been a lull in this case and there’s no shortage of data to process.”
https://www.spcitytimes.com/2017/06/23/plover-police-were-going-to-find-krista/[/FONT][/FONT]

Krista missing 2017, not 2015 https://www.facebook.com/Bringkristahome/
she was an educational assistant..
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]Krista Sypher, a 44-year-old educational assistant with the Stevens Point School District, was last seen at her Hoffman Dr. home on March 13. Her husband, Jason Sypher, reported her missing during a walk-in visit to the Plover Police Dept. on March 20. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]It’s still not clear why the husband waited so long to file the missing person’s report. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]“This is far, far from a cold case,” Police Chief Dan Ault said on Wednesday, adding his dept. has[/FONT][FONT=&amp] released as many details to the public as possible without damaging the investigation, or any court case that could emerge later. “But I can tell you t[/FONT][FONT=&amp]here hasn’t been a lull in this case and there’s no shortage of data to process.”
https://www.spcitytimes.com/2017/06/23/plover-police-were-going-to-find-krista/[/FONT][/FONT]

THANKS for the correction; also she apparently disappeared on Mar. 13, but wasn't reported missing 'til Mar. 20, the date I listed -- Spring Break in 2017 for U of I began March 18). I think that's right around the time BC actually dropped out of the physics program at the University -- it was in the Spring '17 but I forget just which month/date?

THANKS for the correction; also she apparently disappeared on Mar. 13, but wasn't reported missing 'til Mar. 20, the date I listed -- Spring Break in 2017 for U of I began March 18). I think that's right around the time BC actually dropped out of the physics program at the University -- it was in the Spring '17 but I forget just which month/date?
Chicago Tribune may have date..
But your post made me think- that list you narrowed down... suppose it became narrowed to 2017 only.. an impulse suppressed for many years and then would not be suppressed any longer?
Re Krista, one report I read said police had not removed her husband from persons of interest.. but , again they didn't charge him either.. wonder whether she worked in any of the same institutions he did at same times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Purpleflowerrrs