Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO. ... Something happened in May(ish). Mrs. OBrien posted screenshots of the changes he made to his fetish account. It is my belief that he participated in something awful that whet his appetite for these terrible things. His choices of things he wanted to act out went darker and he changed his screen name.
Some blurb on Fetlife https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FetLife
It started in 2008.
I cannot remember when he joined , but in 2016 they changed their membership thingy..
I'm sure there are probably lots of other similar clubs and he may have held membership in one or more of those too, for years..
I'm feeling the MD happened on a campus.. a student.. it makes more sense because it did not appear to have been reported to LE.. it is still possible the university kept a record of the complaint though even if the victim withdrew it..
They would have had to hand it over when the questions were being asked, I would imagine but not familiar with structures in USA

Mrsobrien, I do not have the direct source but it was referenced by dm92 down thread.

Webthrush, in reference to the reports you're referring to, they may be sparse because they were investigated off campus. If a crime happens ON campus, campus police investigate, if it happens off campus it is either investigated by the Urbana Police Department, Champaign Police Department, or the Champaign County Sheriff's Office. I'm not saying that lack of reporting campus crimes isnt a relevant issue, just saying that it may have been investigated by a different police department.

I checked Namus for IL, WI, and IN missing woman 2009-2013. There was one in WI with the initials MD but she would have been 13 in 2013 and she went missing in 2015. She is about an HR and a half south of Steven's Point, WI. That said, I don't think that's the MD in this case. I agree with dm92, I think she met him on FetLife and she probably didn't want to come forward because, really, if you're FetLife profile says something like you like pretending to be raped and killed, then who is going to believe you when you say it was unwelcome?! Even now, I worry that the defense is going to chalk this witnesses testimony up to just that. The "She wanted it" defense.

Idk the details of how UofI investigates Title IX offenses, but I do know there have been men arrested for lesser sexual assaults (not that that makes the sexual assaults better or worse) and they were investigated and brought to trial.

I am totally speculating, but I have to wonder if it happened on the U of I campus and MD was a fellow student...and that the Title 9 office decided at the time that it wasn't true or there wasn't enough evidence.

I also think another factor in MD not bringing charges was the fear factor. I can imagine BC telling her if she ever says anything he would kill her. I've got to believe all these women that had any contact with BC are just shuddering about what could have been. whew

Can you please link to the source which refers to a journal? I can't find this.

It came from a Chinese source and there a zillion Chinese reports on the Web about this case, often reporting things not seen in the American press -- so there’s always some question as to their accuracy, or for that matter whether the translation to English (in this case the word “journal”) is even accurate. I’m not saying it isn’t accurate, just that we probably can’t know, unless corroborated by an American report. In fact I think someone else upthread may have implied this info (him wanting to be a killer and kill all age groups) came from a verbal report, on tape, not from a written report???

It came from a Chinese source and there a zillion Chinese reports on the Web about this case, often reporting things not seen in the American press -- so there’s always some question as to their accuracy, or for that matter whether the translation to English (in this case the word “journal”) is even accurate. I’m not saying it isn’t accurate, just that we probably can’t know, unless corroborated by an American report. In fact I think someone else upthread may have implied this info (him wanting to be a killer and kill all age groups) came from a verbal report, on tape, not from a written report???

This info about BC wanting to kill several women of different ages came from a Chinese person who passed this on to my wife, and I was wondering if the "expressed a desire to be known as a killer" relayed in the Notice of Intent was derived in part or totally from this information.

The context was that many Chinese in town at the time were worried that this event was a racially-motivated event, and that Chinese females were being targeted. My wife was worried about this as well. The day after the arrest, she was talking with another Chinese following the case closely, and she told her that it did not appear that it was racially motivated, then told her about the "writings" that had been discovered. While it is possible that this is just a false rumor, and that the "expressed a desire to be known as a killer" info may have come from recorded conversations, this person and others have told my wife some things about the case that turned out to be true before they were reported in the press, so I personally wouldn't automatically dismiss it as pure rumor.

This info about BC wanting to kill several women of different ages came from a Chinese person who passed this on to my wife, and I was wondering if the "expressed a desire to be known as a killer" relayed in the Notice of Intent was derived in part or totally from this information.

The context was that many Chinese in town at the time were worried that this event was a racially-motivated event, and that Chinese females were being targeted. My wife was worried about this as well. The day after the arrest, she was talking with another Chinese following the case closely, and she told her that it did not appear that it was racially motivated, then told her about the "writings" that had been discovered. While it is possible that this is just a false rumor, and that the "expressed a desire to be known as a killer" info may have come from recorded conversations, this person and others have told my wife some things about the case that turned out to be true before they were reported in the press, so I personally wouldn't automatically dismiss it as pure rumor.
I always thought this nugget came about because he expressed a desire to meet women from that age scope in one of his social media accounts..

I have read through a lot of nonsense on reddit and other channels in relation to this case hoping to find something to help track her.. some nugget of information about him that would lead to her location. I found nothing at all. Not a single thing.
Unless somebody saw his journal themselves, I don't think we can take it onboard, seriously.
LE released zero information and there was zero information on all the channels I searched, that is unusual because this lot put legs on stuff all the time.

maybe that is something worth exploring. We read very good biogs of him in chicago Tribune, but we found nothing about his present life, apart from going to gym in an almost compulsive manner, dressing in black, staring at himself in mirror while working out, accompanied by a girl, also dressed in black, and completely ignored all the other gym members!

That's all we ever got. And that came from somebody here who used the same gym.

I fear he will plead insanity with amnesia.

IMO. ... Something happened in May(ish). Mrs. OBrien posted screenshots of the changes he made to his fetish account. It is my belief that he participated in something awful that whet his appetite for these terrible things. His choices of things he wanted to act out went darker and he changed his screen name.
I remember the change but not sure whether it was a gradually escalating desire or whether he was just publishing it then to give him a better choice.

I do assume all his fetlife and other social media accounts are with the police and any meetings he had as a result of them, fully investigated and relevant people interviewed.

I imagine they have it all.
except YingYing.

where is she?

Destroyed or concealed.
which?
Surely they know more than that by now?

That was on the intention to seek dp.

One means there is no body to be found.
It no longer exists.

the other means quite the opposite?

And they got to charge with dp on a maybe?

If she was destroyed by fire, acid, sea currents, whatever and they have evidence that this is the case, why add 'or concealed', which suggests they do not actually know ?

26 years ago I was kidnapped by two men I knew and taken out to the country. When I realized what was happening and what they were going to do to me, I jumped out a window of the moving vehicle and ran into a cornfield. I was 17. I never reported it because I didn't think I would be believed. It was two men's words against mine.

It's not her fault that this happened to YY. There are many reasons she may not have reported it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I’m so sorry, I did not intend that at all. I should’ve worded it differently, I’m so very against victim blaming of any sort!

Thank you for sharing your story. I’m proud of MD for coming forward when she did. It helped to add more fuel for the case against BC.

Destroyed or concealed.
which?
Surely they know more than that by now?

That was on the intention to seek dp.

One means there is no body to be found.
It no longer exists.

the other means quite the opposite?

And they got to charge with dp on a maybe?

If she was destroyed by fire, acid, sea currents, whatever and they have evidence that this is the case, why add 'or concealed', which suggests they do not actually know ?

I don't think we can discern what they think has happened to her remains from this phrase. They may have an idea what happened, they may know what happened, or they may not and are still searching. This phrase is listed as one of the aggravating factors against BC in favor of seeking death. Whether he did something to obliterate her remains, or he has concealed them by burying them in a remote location or sinking them in a body of water, it doesn't matter in the eyes of the law. Both acts would be considered as equally aggravating to support a sentence of death. Both acts 1) indicate the perpetrator knows what he has done is wrong and he is trying to conceal the fact that a crime has been committed or conceal his guilt by denying investigators access to the body; and 2) display cruel, cold and callous disregard and disrespect for the victim and the victim's family and friends by denying them a final determination of the victim's fate, and denying them the ability to say goodbye properly and inter the remains in an appropriate place of their choosing.

Thus, I suspect it is just a standard phrase they use in these letters of intent when a body has been hidden or destroyed, and there is no way to tell what they know from their using it; and if it is not and they used this phrase deliberately, then it means they are still trying to figure out where her remains are or what was done to them.

There might be a way to differentiate between standard phrasing vs. deliberate phrase indicating they don't know. There was a recent kidnapping resulting in death charge filed against a man in Florida. He allegedly kidnapped and killed his ex wife and the Feds filed a notice of intent to seek a sentence of death in his case. If he made an attempt to conceal her remains, and the Feds figured out what he did with them before filing the notice, then we can tell which it us by what is written in HIS notice of intent. If they know what happened but use the same phrase as BC's, then we know it's a standard-use phrase. If they mention specifically what he did with the body, then we know in BC's case that they are still trying to find her or figure out why happened to her remains .

I have read through a lot of nonsense on reddit and other channels in relation to this case hoping to find something to help track her.. some nugget of information about him that would lead to her location. I found nothing at all. Not a single thing.
Unless somebody saw his journal themselves, I don't think we can take it onboard, seriously.
LE released zero information and there was zero information on all the channels I searched, that is unusual because this lot put legs on stuff all the time.

maybe that is something worth exploring. We read very good biogs of him in chicago Tribune, but we found nothing about his present life, apart from going to gym in an almost compulsive manner, dressing in black, staring at himself in mirror while working out, accompanied by a girl, also dressed in black, and completely ignored all the other gym members!

That's all we ever got. And that came from somebody here who used the same gym.

I fear he will plead insanity with amnesia.

bbm

He ignored the other members and didn't speak a word, not even to his daily gym partner. How is it that he was/is blathering to an inmate about the devilish things?

bbm

He ignored the other members and didn't speak a word, not even to his daily gym partner. How is it that he was/is blathering to an inmate about the devilish things?
I don't know. I'm surprised he is blathering much at all with the meds he's taking.. But, possibly desperate to talk too, nobody else around.. I wonder what he's saying?
Possibly also he knows he must prepare himself for male only company long term and he's getting some practice in?
Everything he does seems to benefit himself and himself only..
I reckon he considered himself to be superior to his gym master..

I’m so sorry, I did not intend that at all. I should’ve worded it differently, I’m so very against victim blaming of any sort!

Thank you for sharing your story. I’m proud of MD for coming forward when she did. It helped to add more fuel for the case against BC.
I understand. It's all good. Don't feel bad, please.

I have since tried to track this man and any criminal history. He's had some DV charges and moved around quite a bit. There's nothing I can do now, but I would come forward if I ever heard of him being arrested for another crime.

I suppose my situation - he was telling me that he could leave my body out in the cornfields where no one would find me for a long time - is why I really believed YY's body would eventually be found in a field around harvest time. That didn't happen and I guess is unlikely to at this point.

bbm

Well, he's medicated now, right? We don't know what meds he's on, but psych and anxiety meds affect everyone differently, and all have the potential to change your personality a bit. For some, it can make them clam up, for others, they could feel more loose lipped.

bbm

Could be a combination of things vmmking and kitty have mentioned. Drugs plus he's trying to build up street-cred as a killer with other inmates. My guess is that he also knows they have him convicted already and he doesn't care. He wants to go down in history as a notorious killer. Remember, at his core, he is a cruel and vicious @sshole. Whatever he once was (decent kid, very smart and good student), he isn't that anymore. He could spare everyone the trauma of a trial, but I think he wants what he did testified to publicly. He wants to see the tears and the suffering of her family, friends and others as prosecutors describe what he did from the moment she got in the car, to the disposal of her remains -and anything else shocking that he did/wrote about prior to this act. He wants to know everyone is going through continued heartbreak and suffering at not knowing where her remains are or if they will ever be found.

Could be a combination of things vmmking and kitty have mentioned. Drugs plus he's trying to build up street-cred as a killer with other inmates. My guess is that he also knows they have him convicted already and he doesn't care. He wants to go down in history as a notorious killer. Remember, at his core, he is a cruel and vicious @sshole. Whatever he once was (decent kid, very smart and good student), he isn't that anymore. He could spare everyone the trauma of a trial, but I think he wants what he did testified to publicly. He wants to see the tears and the suffering of her family, friends and others as prosecutors describe what he did from the moment she got in the car, to the disposal of her remains -and anything else shocking that he did/wrote about prior to this act. He wants to know everyone is going through continued heartbreak and suffering at not knowing where her remains are or if they will ever be found.
Bolded: My thoughts exactly.

bbm

This may be a bit off point but, years ago there was a group of 4 of us guys that used to hit the gym together. These were all guys and we worked at the same place and socialized somewhat. Anyway, one of the guys would always work out in front of the mirror and he was a completly different person when he was in the gym. He wasn;t mean but he didn't like to talk to anyone while he worked out. Then when we would leave he was back to his regular self. We made fun of him for it. We'de call him Ahnoold. He would laff too , but soon as he was back in the gym, out came that guy again.

This may be a bit off point but, years ago there was a group of 4 of us guys that used to hit the gym together. These were all guys and we worked at the same place and socialized somewhat. Anyway, one of the guys would always work out in front of the mirror and he was a completly different person when he was in the gym. He wasn;t mean but he didn't like to talk to anyone while he worked out. Then when we would leave he was back to his regular self. We made fun of him for it. We'de call him Ahnoold. He would laff too , but soon as he was back in the gym, out came that guy again.
I was never in my life in a gym and I hope I never am..
But what is one's mental state when engaging in a series of gym exercises?
Is it like a state of attempting to pass oneself out?
Why would anybody want to do that? Just to have tight muscles?
Sorry for rambling a bit off topic but am curious, seeing as it is the only crumb we have.. i had always read it as him going into ninja or jedi role.. a powering up of his delusions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024