Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our hunch was right, wow. I am creeped out by the fact I was living in the same town as a serial killer in the making. BC, please die. You took an innocent scholar trying to change the world, sexually assaulted and choked another, and tried luring another innocent victim in your stranglehold.

Reading the PDF of the notice to seek death.

1) BC expressed desire to be known as a killer. Claims he had additional victims and is an expert at avoiding detection (dm92: Sure Brendt, but evidently NOT an expert at noticing where security cameras are located, and at realizing you have a really rare car that could easily be tracked down.....)

2) BC committed other serious acts of violence: In 2013, they claim he choked and sexually assaulted "M.D." in the central district of Illinois.

I really hope they found her remains.....
I don't think they did.
Thats a killer.

So judging from the new Information, it does appear the feds placed an informant in his cell. And possibly maybe even have video evidence of the assault from 2013? The Bruno’s are a well known firm around here, for them to withdrawal abruptly sent numerous red flags, not just because of financial reasons.

Boy, another of the chilling phrases in the death penalty notice is, "
his claims of additional victims and expertise in avoiding detection."
They only mention one specific prior criminal offense and that didn't involve murder, so what pray tell, may the above refer to (IF true)? As I said a little while back, it would be rare for an individual to come out of the blue to do what was done to YY... what sort of trail of victims and escalation and 'undetected' crimes is there to find?

Boy, another of the chilling phrases in the death penalty notice is, "
his claims of additional victims and expertise in avoiding detection."
They only mention one specific prior criminal offense and that didn't involve murder, so what pray tell, may the above refer to (IF true)? As I said a little while back, it would be rare for an individual to come out of the blue to do what was done to YY... what sort of trail of victims and escalation and 'undetected' crimes is there to find?

Anything is possible. Some of that might have been him bragging to the informant in jail -trying to make himself look tougher and more badass predator than he is. But, anything is possible. We do know that they were able to track down "M.D." somehow and she was able to tell them of things BC did to her (assuming it's a her). He had no prior criminal record, so this was something that must have happened resulting from an online hookup or something that she never went to the authorities for.......

I don't think he's as expert as he claims. He would have realized that there were numerous security cameras on campus, realized he had a really rare car that could be tracked down, and realized that a failed attempt at a pickup might cause the authorities to be alerted and be on the lookout for him. But again, anything is possible.

If he was so good at avoiding detection then why did he drive a rare car and was out trolling one of the most videotaped places in all of Chambana? That is questionable to me.

I'm not doubting the new information, but am wondering if perhaps it was him putting up a false bravado to his cell mates.

Also, if the remains they found were YY, wouldn't they have upgraded the charges along with the motion to seek the death penalty?

I don't think they did.
Thats a killer.

I know we probably couldn't be so lucky. If they were able to ID the Wayne County remains as hers, we will know before long. The language about the body in the notice is ambiguous and might be standard language used in one of these filings....

Anything is possible. Some of that might have been him bragging to the informant in jail -trying to make himself look tougher and more badass predator than he is. But, anything is possible. We do know that they were able to track down "M.D." somehow and she was able to tell them of things BC did to her (assuming it's a her). He had no prior criminal record, so this was something that must have happened resulting from an online hookup or something that she never went to the authorities for.......

I don't think he's as expert as he claims. He would have realized that there were numerous security cameras on campus, realized he had a really rare car that could be tracked down, and realized that a failed attempt at a pickup might cause the authorities to be alerted and be on the lookout for him. But again, anything is possible.

Sometimes being super smart doesn’t always mean common sense. Book smart? Absolutely. How many book works do you see fascinated about their car? He clearly never googled the make and model.

If he was so good at avoiding detection then why did he drive a rare car and was out trolling one of the most videotaped places in all of Chambana? That is questionable to me.

I'm not doubting the new information, but am wondering if perhaps it was him putting up a false bravado to his cell mates.

Also, if the remains they found were YY, wouldn't they have upgraded the charges along with the motion to seek the death penalty?

That's what I am thinking. Some of this is bravado.

Also, no need to upgrade the charges. Kidnapping resulting in death is what he is charged with already. That is as high a charge as you can get for something like this, as it is already a capital offense........

I know we probably couldn't be so lucky. If they were able to ID the Wayne County remains as hers, we will know before long. The language about the body in the notice is ambiguous and might be standard language used in one of these filings....
this is the bit that worries me
6. Obstruction. The defendant attempted to obstruct the investigation of thisoffense by, at least, making false statements to investigators; destroying or concealingthe victim’s remains; and sanitizing the crime scene.
destroying or concealing and though it does not state what level of sanitizing he went to, it's possible, I fear that he sanitized it thoroughly?
No trace remains?

I have a feeling the defence were not expecting this at all. They had no prepared statement when contacted by media.

Also: The notice says he expressed a desire to be known as a killer. This fits what I heard from a Chinese source: they had found writings of his where he expressed a desire to be a serial killer, and wanted to kill at least one woman of every age, ranging from something like ages 18-99.

Creepy.

As far as ‘smart’ goes, keep in mind if that one fuzzy camera hadn’t recorded the vehicle, and been able to ID YY getting in it, he just might have gotten away with this. And so far we don't know what else he's gotten away with, or for how long?
Another ghastly thought: when BC was recorded at the vigil pointing out ‘ideal’ victims to his girlfriend everyone kind of assumed he was describing future victims he’d like to have… BUT what if he was actually describing what his PAST victims were like!?

I agree with Chambana, it is very creepy to think we had a buddying psychopath in our community. Our town has a lot of transient residents and it makes the perfect place for victims. Most families wouldn't know that their family member is missing for awhile. If YY hadn't been so close to her advisor, would this have even come to light as quick as it did?

BC defense is buried at this point. Visited fetish kidnapping sites, Admitted to giving YY a ride, admitted on tape details of kidnapping, apparent dna and blood evidence from apartment, car cleaned to an extent, detailed another victim of violet assault and sexual assault, and diary of a killer.

Would you convict him? I absolutely would

As far as ‘smart’ goes, keep in mind if that one fuzzy camera hadn’t recorded the vehicle, and been able to ID YY getting in it, he just might have gotten away with this. And so far we don't know what else he's gotten away with, or for how long?
Another ghastly thought: when BC was recorded at the vigil pointing out ‘ideal’ victims to his girlfriend everyone kind of assumed he was describing future victims he’d like to have… BUT what if he was actually describing what his PAST victims were like!?

That is a ghastly thought.
But surely they must have interviewed MD'13 in order to include her case.
there may be many more superseding indictments to come.

My chief concern is for the protection of YY's memory from what appears to be an utterly ruthless defence team

It's just a little odd to me that they want to move it to Chicago thinking there's a chance that there will be fewer people who have heard of the case there.

Ummm...there are 200,000 people in Champaign County and 2,700,000 people in Chicago. There are way more people in Chicago who have NOT heard about the case than in Champaign.

I agree with Chambana, it is very creepy to think we had a buddying psychopath in our community. Our town has a lot of transient residents and it makes the perfect place for victims. Most families wouldn't know that their family member is missing for awhile. If YY hadn't been so close to her advisor, would this have even come to light as quick as it did?

She was a relatively new arrival. Fortunately, she had been here long enough to be close to her coworkers. If she had not become so close to her advisor and co-workers in the first six weeks she was here, it very well could have been several days before someone noticed she was missing. And if she wasn't that close to people, it might have taken days to figure out where she was going, if she hadn't told people she was going to sign a lease.

One factor that also probably helped. She was evidently sharing her apartment with someone she worked with, so even if she had been here less time and had known fewer people, her roommate would likely have known what she was doing and would have reported her missing relatively quickly.

The article was updated. It appears they have not told the family anything about the location/fate of her remains....

Knowing that there was likely going to be a decision on the death penalty this week, Beckett said he’s been in close communication with the family and the U.S. Attorney’s office. He relayed the information to the family Friday prior to its public release.
“It’s bad,” Beckett said of their reaction.
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

“They are very, very emotional. They wanted their daughter to come home and if not, they want her remains to come home. So far, they’ve had nothing,” he said.

So, it does not appear that they have found her remains, although it is still possible they might be waiting for DNA testing and won't notify the family until they have the results....

BC defense is buried at this point. Visited fetish kidnapping sites, Admitted to giving YY a ride, admitted on tape details of kidnapping, apparent dna and blood evidence from apartment, car cleaned to an extent, detailed another victim of violet assault and sexual assault, and diary of a killer.

Would you convict him? I absolutely would

He detailed another crime he did or do you mean he was talking about his fantasies of a victim?

All the evidence against him is comparable to what they had on Gilberto Valle too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbod153