Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Poor nutrition may, but does not necessarily, cause mental problem.

2. Mental does not have to be evil.

The defense will have to prove that the defendant's crime was necessarily the result of mother's prenatal malnutrition.

How many people on earth have mothers who had perfectly healthy prenatal diet? Chances are YY's mother had worse prenatal diet than BC's mother.

July 18, 2019???!!!

1. Poor nutrition may, but does not necessarily, cause mental problem.

2. Mental does not have to be evil.

The defense will have to prove that the defendant's crime was necessarily the result of mother's prenatal malnutrition.

How many people on earth have mothers who had perfectly healthy prenatal diet? Chances are YY's mother had worse prenatal diet than BC's mother.

July 18, 2019???!!!

This takes me back to the early 80's ( I think ). There was a lawyer who claimed his client routinely ate 3 or 4 candy bars a day. His point being the sugar made him do bad things. It became known as the Twinky Defense. At least with late night comics.

Perhaps I’m in the minority, but I’m happy these clowns are pulling this stuff out now vs. later hoping to have grounds for appeal. Christensen will never be able to say his attorneys didn’t try, and seemingly they are trying every little thing they can.

If you could defend a suspect with "____ may have contributed to his criminal behavior", then you have infinite excuses to fill in the blank. Hopefully the ones in this case fall out of "reasonable doubt".

I have been catching up over the last few pages and cannot believe "the twinky defence".
How the heck does BC know what his mam ate when she was preggers anyway? My kids would have no idea what I ate 40+ years ago. This is crazy. Has anyone got away with this before? Also, why has it only just affected his mental health? Or has he been killing and torturing for many years?
I think its more likely all those video games and fetish websites and god knows what else has done this. Does it mean he is wanting an insanity defence basically?

By all accounts he was a well adjusted child and student, not torturing animals or other kids or anything. So when is the bad diet first supposed to have affected him? June 2017?

I have been catching up over the last few pages and cannot believe "the twinky defence".
How the heck does BC know what his mam ate when she was preggers anyway? My kids would have no idea what I ate 40+ years ago. This is crazy. Has anyone got away with this before? Also, why has it only just affected his mental health? Or has he been killing and torturing for many years?
I think its more likely all those video games and fetish websites and god knows what else has done this. Does it mean he is wanting an insanity defence basically?

By all accounts he was a well adjusted child and student, not torturing animals or other kids or anything. So when is the bad diet first supposed to have affected him? June 2017?
There is no evidence that this will be put forward as a defence against his crime- more likely it will be presented among a number of other red herrings for death penalty .. not the chief crime.. it's weak and has been dissed on numerous occasions..
(he was born like this and had no choices type rubbish)

There is no evidence his defence are submitting an insanity defence at this point in time.. according to prosecution on a recent link on this thread

There is no evidence that this will be put forward as a defence against his crime- more likely it will be presented among a number of other red herrings for death penalty .. not the chief crime.. it's weak and has been dissed on numerous occasions..
(he was born like this and had no choices type rubbish)

There is no evidence his defence are submitting an insanity defence at this point in time.. according to prosecution on a recent link on this thread

Another disturbing thought that lives in my head. What do you think the chances are that BC may have videoed the whole thing? And what if LE ( and by now , the defense ) has this video? And go..................

Another disturbing thought that lives in my head. What do you think the chances are that BC may have videoed the whole thing? And what if LE ( and by now , the defense ) has this video? And go..................

I think it's very likely he did.
ButI also fear they never found that video.. he had time.. too much time.. he could easily have chucked such a small thing.. depends upon how many phones he had- the fact that he carried her into his own place rather than kill her in the wild suggests the possibility he was using some sophisticated or convoluted filming equipment..

he knew his terrain..he could have kept driving with an immobilised YY as unwilling passenger.. but he chose to bring her to his apartment..knowing the risk of being observed.. meticulously planned.. suggests he had something ready for the purpose of torturing her and watching her die..

I spent ages watching snuff movies in the early days, trying to find her.. I felt so sure he uploaded and sold it.. I didn't find her.. but there's millions of places I never found to search.. it could well be online, finding it and gaining access is likely to be extraordinarily difficult though..

Catching up, and not quite believing what I am reading. too much fat in BC's mother's diet?? . . . really??

Well, should be an interesting trial!

Catching up, and not quite believing what I am reading. too much fat in BC's mother's diet?? . . . really??

Well, should be an interesting trial!

If we ever get to it. Chances are this thing isn't going to start until 2019.

i don't think the defense will get it delayed all the way to July of 2019 like they want, but I could see it getting pushed back to January/February of 2019.

I think its more likely all those video games and fetish websites and god knows what else has done this.

Thousands of people play the video games he has listed on his Steam profile. I myself played some of them as well. Most are rather well known and have a huge player base. Not all of those players suddenly become vicious killers. Same applies to those fetish boards - thousands of users with fantasies that others might consider weird, but I don't think the majority of them suddenly want to commit serious crimes in the real world. Video games or fantasies do not turn someone into a murderer/kidnapper/monster. It must be something mental that makes someone cross the line to do something so horrible. But I very much doubt it has anything to do with what/how much his mother ate while pregnant. Of course, this is all just my personal opinion.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...all-30-Copenhagen-10-Aug-2017-*Arrest*/page49

Link to Kim Wall thread mentioned below.

Thousands of people play the video games he has listed on his Steam profile. I myself played some of them as well. Most are rather well known and have a huge player base. Not all of those players suddenly become vicious killers. Same applies to those fetish boards - thousands of users with fantasies that others might consider weird, but I don't think the majority of them suddenly want to commit serious crimes in the real world. Video games or fantasies do not turn someone into a murderer/kidnapper/monster. It must be something mental that makes someone cross the line to do something so horrible. But I very much doubt it has anything to do with what/how much his mother ate while pregnant. Of course, this is all just my personal opinion.

And that's why I put "and God knows what else." The reason I mention the fetish aspect is because I am also following the Kim Wall thread. She was tortured, killed and dismembered, also by a Physics nut, in Copenhagen. He also followed SM fetish websites etc and actually had videos of women being killed on his computer. There is definitely a line that get's crossed. Why is certainly the question. I do think anyone who likes giving or receiving pain could cross this line, but Jmo. I agree and cannot see mum's diet having anything to do with it. His poor mum having to hear this.

Okay, then we meant the same thing! :) (I might get a little triggered on the "video games" thing, as I am an avid gamer myself :D)
I have also read into the Kim Wall thread some days ago and also noticed the similarities (physicist, fetish websites) - it is indeed spooky.

Fae: I think your opinions are "spot on" per se. I agree--there's all sorts of weird stuff on and off of the Internet, but most people won't kill because of it.

Hearing in U. of I. scholar kidnapping case to address judge recusal
"
Monday's hearing in U.S. District Court in Urbana is expected to address the recusal issue and other matters.
A two-page filing on Wednesday didn't spell out why Brendt Christensen's attorneys think Colin Stirling Bruce should step aside. And neither defense attorney Robert Tucker nor the U.S. attorney's office would comment."

Link: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-zhang-kidnapping-hearing-20180212-story.html

Pretty short story but we might just find out Brendt's defense's reasoning for asking the judge to recuse himself.

Christensen was 28 in 2018..
this is not a comprehensive list and very much a longshot, but assuming he was a predator from age 17 or 18.. started at 2007-its only wikipedia so definitely not gospel

• Lisa Stebic (37), last seen by her husband at their Plainfield, Illinois, home on 30 April, while she was awaiting a ride to the local track where she worked out; he was working in the back. As the two were going through a divorce at the time, police believe foul play was involved and consider him a suspect.[SUP][517][/SUP]

• Lauren Spierer (20), student at Indiana University, disappeared in Bloomington, Indiana, on 3 June, after a night of partying at a local bar. Spierer left a gathering at a housing complex alone in the early morning hours while highly intoxicated. Her disappearance generated national press coverage. In 2014, Spierer's parents filed a lawsuit against two individuals with whom Spierer had socialized on the evening before her disappearance. A federal judge dismissed the suit.[SUP][555] 2011[/SUP]

• Tiffany Daniels (25), a theatre technician at Pensacola State College in Florida, left work early on 12 August, telling her supervisor that she would be taking the rest of the week off as she had "some things to take care of". She returned to her home briefly afterwards, but was not seen by her housemate, who was on the phone at the time, and eight days later her car was found in a Pensacola Beach parking lot; witnesses have since reported that a man in red shorts was seen getting out of the car and opening its tailgate the day it was found. No other trace of her has been found despite extensive searches; based on a description of a woman seen at a New Orleans-area restaurant who resembled her and had some similar behaviors, her family believes she was abducted and trafficked.[SUP][576] 2013[/SUP]

• Asha Kreimer (26), an Australian national living with her boyfriend in California, left her family's table at a Flumeville restaurant during breakfast on the morning of 21 September, to go to the bathroom. A friend who went there shortly afterwards did not see her; no one has seen her since. She had just been released from a four-day stay in a local mental hospital.[SUP][586] 2015[/SUP]
[SUP]
2017[edit]

• Yingying Zhang (26), a Chinese visiting scholar conducting research at the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign, was last seen on 9 June in Urbana, Illinois. Security cameras captured her getting into a car at the corner of West Clark Street and North Goodwin Avenue around 2:04 p.m. that day. Police arrested Brendt Christensen on 30 June 2017 and charged him with kidnapping Zhang, and believe, based on evidence, that she is no longer alive.[SUP][592][/SUP]
[/SUP]

What makes you think that YingYing wasn't his first? To me, everything about her kidnapping makes me think it was his first time.

so very sad for her parents and friends.. no catharsis, no body, no justice, no searching.
adding dP to this murder has only increased their burden..
Meanwhile psycho gets to languish in jail, filling himself with comforting tranquilisers which he calls anti depressants and spending 00's of hours on the jailhouse phone...

It is sad, and it is a little longer than I thought they would get ( I thought January or February of 2019). However, her family wanted the death penalty, and I am sure they were advised that if the government sought it, that it would likely be a long wait before the trial.

Hopefully, someone will find something between now and then that will lead to her, or hopefully they will uncover more evidence that will bury him and he will plea bargain.

All very sad.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member