Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #8 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is from the ap report above
Zhang’s body was never found and one challenge for prosecutors ....SBM...
I don't understand why they need to prove she is dead if his defense are saying he killed her?

That original paragraph appeared 15 hours ago in the Chicago Tribune, where the AP report was picked up from. It was left in that report and updated today, and they never updated that one paragraph at the bottom after the surprise announcement today. That was background information that the editors probably just did not mess when they did their update. M o o.

while they are at lunch I'm thinking.. dangerous, I know and tedious for many...
What we heard already today reads like the description of a rage killing or a sacrificial killing...?

That original paragraph appeared 15 hours ago in the Chicago Tribune, where the AP report was picked up from. It was left in that report and updated today, and they never updated that one paragraph at the bottom after the surprise announcement today. That was background information that the editors probably just did not mess when they did their update. M o o.
Does AP purchase from Chicago Tribune or vice versa?

Ive been trying to find another case where this happened with the Defense admitting murder and it has happened before.
Here is one example.

"Arturo Navarrete-Portillo’s defense told the jury in opening statements Monday that it was not being asked to acquit the man facing charges of first-degree murder and child abuse. Rather, the defense counsel asked the jury to find him guilty of second-degree murder, committed in the heat of passion."

‘Arturo killed Maria,’ defense attorney admits; calls it crime of passion

Ive been trying to find another case where this happened with the Defense admitting murder and it has happened before.
Here is one example.

"Arturo Navarrete-Portillo’s defense told the jury in opening statements Monday that it was not being asked to acquit the man facing charges of first-degree murder and child abuse. Rather, the defense counsel asked the jury to find him guilty of second-degree murder, committed in the heat of passion."

‘Arturo killed Maria,’ defense attorney admits; calls it crime of passion
Great find, thanks.
If that was a crime of passion, will this be labelled a crime of depression?
I sincerely hope not and that the defense starts to show real respect for YingYing's family very soon.

Great points.

I never considered that he may be using the same dumping location for other victims and maybe that is why he would never be able to give up location of victim because he doesnt want to admit to other killings. That building nearby is still my primary place I think he took her too.

That is what has me thinking maybe this was his first murder too. The incredible sloppiness of his crime seems so amaturistic.

He could be like Bundy in the way that—for a while he was clever enough to get away with it, but eventually disintegrated into a messy crime that he couldn’t possibly get away with. (Bundy’s last crimes were very different in style from his first, I believe.)

He could be like Bundy in the way that—for a while he was clever enough to get away with it, but eventually disintegrated into a messy crime that he couldn’t possibly get away with. (Bundy’s last crimes were very different in style from his first, I believe.)
You know, I never remember us looking at Bundy in past 2 years.. but I forget a lot.

while they are at lunch I'm thinking.. dangerous, I know and tedious for many...
What we heard already today reads like the description of a rage killing or a sacrificial killing...?

It really is bizarre his actions.

I am trying to think that maybe the beheading had something to do with where he was planning on taking her body. Because after he clubbed her with the bat then why the need to decapitate her.

Maybe he was planning on putting the head in a different place than the body or something like that. Not sure if any clues can be had from the fact he is alleged to have decapitated her.

from Aaron Eades

So far, defense has only cross-examined one witness-- Prof. Kaiyu Guan. He was a gov't witness to speak about YZ's program and her coming to the USA. Asst. Public Defender Elisabeth Pollack suggested a main reason YZ was selected for her program was because she spoke English well

(no details on the questions they asked or their tone, unfortunately, very bare-bones reporting)

(MM)
  1. The vehicle then pulls over beside Zhang, and she talks with the driver for about a minute before getting inside. The vehicle then drives away out of view. Prosecutors alleged Christensen posed as a cop in order to coax Zhang into his car.

0 replies1 retweet1 like

Show this thread

2. Matt Masterson‏ @ByMattMasterson 7m7 minutes ago
    Zhang walked to another bus stop to wait for the next bus. While there, footage from a nearby parking garage shows the same Saturn Astra drive past Zhang before turning down a street and looping back.

1. he property marketing manager at One North also testified about texting Ms. Zhang, her responding that she’d be late and never hearing from her again after she missed her appointment. (8/8)

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Show this thread

2. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 2m2 minutes ago
    Defense attorney Elisabeth Pollock cross-examined Guan, asking about how well she knew English. He said she knew it well for an international student. (7/8)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Show this thread

3. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 2m2 minutes ago
    He said they created posters, and started canvassing the community with the local Chinese community, dividing the area up into regions. “We were very worried,” he said. “We just wanted to find Yingying and see her safely back.” (6/8)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

BZ
Assistant Professor Kaiyu Guan, who Ms. Zhang worked for, testified about how she ended up working for him. Said she had applied for Ph.D. position and missed out, but continued to seek opportunities. “She showed great initiative,” he said

He said she was very hardworking, eager to learn, and helped her colleagues
  1. hey went to One North, where Ms. Zhang was looking for an apartment, but couldn’t find any answers or anyone who had talked with her, so they called police. (5/8)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Show this thread

2. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 5m5 minutes ago
    He said he tried multiple times to contact her and said it was “quite worrisome”

3. He said they created posters, and started canvassing the community with the local Chinese community, dividing the area up into regions. “We were very worried,” he said. “We just wanted to find Yingying and see her safely back.” (6/8

It really is bizarre his actions.

I am trying to think that maybe the beheading had something to do with where he was planning on taking her body. Because after he clubbed her with the bat then why the need to decapitate her.

Maybe he was planning on putting the head in a different place than the body or something like that. Not sure if any clues can be had from the fact he is alleged to have decapitated her.
overkill.
Or is he collecting skulls in another 'safe-deposit box'? somewhere convenient for him...? Close to where he was living, possibly?
If a search is conducted for an intact body, a different search might be conducted for a small body part?

I'm sort of new to this case, but I have a question ... when I'm reading about the things he was recorded on the wiretap saying at the vigil (this is my legacy, nobody will find her, etc.), who was he saying them to, or do we not know? I'm just curious who he would talk to at a vigil about that, and how that person just carried on the conversation.

I'm sort of new to this case, but I have a question ... when I'm reading about the things he was recorded on the wiretap saying at the vigil (this is my legacy, nobody will find her, etc.), who was he saying them to, or do we not know? I'm just curious who he would talk to at a vigil about that, and how that person just carried on the conversation.
The girlfriend was wearing a wire.

just an aside, I made a list of journos and media who I expected would be covering this trial. I noticed that there are very few tweeting and I just checked the hashtags, fully expecting the nationals to have sent journos but there were none!
The exact same thing happened during the death penalty trial of the black church killer...
I'm upset Chicago Tribune is lost to us, it was great...

Can any lawyer explain this?: essentially in the same day a defendant (BC) pleads "not guilty" at same time his own Defense says he did it! -- clearly to a layperson seems an outright contradiction or is there some legal wiggle room between those 2 actions?
Again, I'm worried BC will claim he was not properly represented and he (or another lawyer) will ask for a mistrial (the judge probably won't buy it, but something like that may be coming -- this Defense team is bonkers in so many ways).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Purpleflowerrrs