GUILTY IL - Zachary Irvin, 22, found dismembered, East St Louis, 20 June 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just went back and checked and the poster on crimecrawlers says he was 12 when Iagulli befriended him and "helped" him through a troubled period. What 12 year old really needs to be discussing his sexual orientation with an older man he's just met? That's really frightening. I have to think that there's a whole long line of boys and young men who crossed this killer's path. I hope to God they're all still alive.

Yeah, Iagulli was caring and kind and patient.....he was grooming the boy. I guess, somewhere along the line Iagulli got tired of the grooming and just cut to the chase. If this poster would care to share here, I'd welcome his posts.

So, Kentucky. Hmmm. You know, we've never figured out the relationship concerning the other young Iagulli who died suddenly.

I agree, he was grooming this boy. Thankfully, Iagulli lost interest. I suppose he doesn't know enough to thank his lucky stars for that stoke of luck.

We'll keep awaiting news from the cousins. They've been quite wonderful at popping in, posting what they know. I'm sure the entire family has such mixed emotions regarding the trial. I hope it's over quickly for them, and although they'll never receive all the answers they seek, I hope they receive enough to be able to heal. A bit.

I agree, he was grooming this boy. Thankfully, Iagulli lost interest. I suppose he doesn't know enough to thank his lucky stars for that stoke of luck.

We'll keep awaiting news from the cousins. They've been quite wonderful at popping in, posting what they know. I'm sure the entire family has such mixed emotions regarding the trial. I hope it's over quickly for them, and although they'll never receive all the answers they seek, I hope they receive enough to be able to heal. A bit.

Special thanks for the updates ThinkGoat.

Yeah I had seen too the young man said Iagulli had sparkles in his eyes or something along those lines. WTH?

I don't think those were "sparkles". I think those were the flickering flames of evil incarnate.

I frequently check to see if there's been an update on this disturbing case. The projected trial date in October has long passed. However, I noticed that a person writing to ThinkGoat has written again--an interesting post. It's the last one, dated November 12th:

http://crimecrawlers.wordpress.com/...rson-you-just-dont-fk-with-that-kind-of-evil/

Is it possible that Iagulli was ever a "nice guy"? This poster, who I believe was in his teens when he met Iagulli comments that Dennis "drew" people to him. That's more than a little frightening. He also mentions Pierson.

Possibly, if a young teen was amenable to attention, Iagulli could be charming and engaging. However, if that teen wasn't, bad things happened. I'm thinking that maybe poor Zachary rebuffed these two in something far more than a "beef".

Iagulli was sentenced to 35 years yesterday for the murder of Zachary Irvin. The prosecution dropped several of the charges against Iagulli in exchange for a guilty plea and he placed the vast majority of the massacre on Pierson, who stands trial next month.

I'm sure it was tough for Irvin's family, having to sit and listen to Iagulli describe what exactly happened. Well, sort of...he talked about dismembering Irvin but didn't state why they'd gone to that length.

The article from "Stltoday.com" can be found here.

Some interesting comments at the link above. The details of the murder are gruesome and my heart breaks for Zachary's family. If there's anything such as closure, I hope this family someday reaches that place.

Zachary certainly seemed to believe in a heaven. Rest in peace, young man.

From June 2012:

http://www.morrisherald-news.com/20...of-killing-dismembering-homeless-man/aur7va1/

A St. Clair County jury found a man guilty of the killing of a 22-year-old homeless man who police said was dismembered with a meat cleaver and hacksaws in an East St. Louis warehouse.

The jury found James E. Pierson, 37, guilty of first-degree murder on Thursday afternoon.

Sentenced to 38 years, according to Illinois DOC:

https://www.illinois.gov/IDOC/OFFENDER/Pages/InmateSearch.aspx

Thank you for that update!

Has anybody seen the updated inmate photos of these two lately? Prison is not doing them well. Mwahaha.

But in all seriousness, this case has always bothered me and I'm not even from the St. Louis area, didn't know Zach or Iagulli or Pierson or anybody else. It's so disturbing what they did to him, this kid who was so much younger than them, they didn't know him! He could've been one of their sons! He'd been in St. Louis jut a few days! If they really did get into an argument at the St. Patrick's center, did that really warrant tying him up, brutalizing him, torturing him, murdering him, burning him? (Not that I'm saying it's ever warranted, I just don't understand this case). It's always a good thing when evil people like this are taken out of society. It'd just be nice if it could happen before they hurt so many people like this, the victims and their families and friends.

It's just so devastating that what a young adult takes for granted, the chance to spread their wings and explore the world on their own, can end this way. You just never know what kind of people are out there, and that's the scary thing! Zach had the sweetest face I've ever seen on a young man, and he just radiated good will. You can tell that even in a picture, that's rare! He sounded like a good kid, it's such a shame that he's gone and Iagulli and Pierson are the ones still here.

Zack was my brother-in-law and I loved him very much he and I were very very close it had nothing to do with any sermons at church or any influences of that nature he was a very spiritual person he was very in touch with the Bible and God and the word but he was also a very strong person who would stand up for himself or anyone else around him those sick men deserve everything that they get in fact he did not move from Dallas to Saint Elmo he moved from Norman Oklahoma where he lived with me my two sons and their father which was his brother 2 Saint Elmo to live with his mother and grandmother there were things that he had trouble with which led him to St.Louis it was nothing to do with drugs or alcohol or anything illegal was simply personal issues like money owed to family members and he had to pay the money back so he needed to get a job simple as that that's why he went there

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back