Illegal/Underground Adoption Theories and leads

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was thinking that it may have been something pre-arranged rather than a chance meeting somewhere.

http://www.amfor.net/babybrokers/

Tired of waiting

In the black market, couples tired of waiting years for a legal adoption --
or unable to gain approval for one -- pay excessive fees to get a baby.

Compared with a legal adoption, which can run $8,000 to $20,000 in Kansas or
Missouri, black-market adoption costs can be double that or more. To meet
demand, dealers sometimes steal babies or coerce young mothers into giving
them up.

About 50,000 adoptions of newborns by nonrelatives take place each year in
the United States. Nearly all are thought to be legal.

Experts say no hard numbers exist on the number of black-market adoptions,
though they agree there probably are thousands. One Tennessee case alone
involved hundreds of children.

"We've never really had really good data on the black market," said Joan
Hollinger, an adoption expert and law professor at the University of
California-Berkeley. "We're not sure of any kind of increase or even steady
rate of illegal sales of children."

An obstacle to determining the number of illegal adoptions is that adoptive
parents don't want to tell authorities about them.

Stasi and Black Market Adoptions - Labor Law Talk

Black-market adoption facilitators and networks across the U.S. and internationally have been in big business for who knows how long. Black-market adoption is the cruelest and most heart-breaking illegal business there is. The uncountable dastardly stories about what baby brokers do to steal babies and then put up for adoption are beyond most people's imagination. The topic is too vast and complex for this article. But a young vulnerable single mother should beware of apparently kind-hearted strangers, often women, who promise to help her with prenatal care and all that goes with it. Those strangers will help her... but then steal her baby.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2611757/missing_baby_gabriel_johnson_if_mom.html?cat=9

Guys...I just saw the most positive report on KPHO TV5. I will post the link ASAP, but here is the summary IMO. The Homegate hotel is known for being a place where these shady adoption agencies put up mothers who want to give up their babies. In fact, the TV crew was videotaping and there were young girls trying to get away and not be videotaped. And the owner tried to stop the investigation. And the six flags fiesta (where they have video of EJ outside) is known as a place that mothers meet adoptive families.

Something minor, but something that says something to me: They also showed screenshots of her Myspace page. I paused the TV and it said on December 21st and she said "My bubbs [or bubba or something] is starting to crawl" with a mood of accomplished.

I think this is the hot lead that is being referenced on the Facebook page. I am going to bed tonight believing even more that Gabriel is alive.

Guys...I just saw the most positive report on KPHO TV5. I will post the link ASAP, but here is the summary IMO. The Homegate hotel is known for being a place where these shady adoption agencies put up mothers who want to give up their babies. In fact, the TV crew was videotaping and there were young girls trying to get away and not be videotaped. And the owner tried to stop the investigation. And the six flags fiesta (where they have video of EJ outside) is known as a place that mothers meet adoptive families.

Something minor, but something that says something to me: They also showed screenshots of her Myspace page. I paused the TV and it said on December 21st and she said "My bubbs [or bubba or something] is starting to crawl" with a mood of accomplished.

I think this is the hot lead that is being referenced on the Facebook page. I am going to bed tonight believing even more that Gabriel is alive.

OMG!!! I pray that this will lead to Gabriel!!!

Thank you, concernedmmom! I can't wait to see this report. I just checked and it's not on the website yet.

Very, very interesting that the hotel owner tried to stop the reporters.

I think we need to check out a few things about Homegates. Like, are they franchises, and if so, who owns that particular Homegate.

ETA: Well that was easy. Yes, they are indeed franchises.

http://prnewswire.us/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/12-27-2000/0001393865&EDATE=

Thank you, concernedmmom! I can't wait to see this report. I just checked and it's not on the website yet.

Very, very interesting that the hotel owner tried to stop the reporters.

I think we need to check out a few things about Homegates. Like, are they franchises, and if so, who owns that particular Homegate.

ETA: Well that was easy. Yes, they are indeed franchises.

Here is a link to a San Antonio report...it talks about the Texas Adoption Laws (this was something I think was also in the KPHO report too that I forgot to mention)....but it doesn't have the info about the hotel and six flags like the KPHO report. KPHO is the station here in Phoenix that sent a reporter along with Logan the entire way. I will also keep an eye on the report.
http://www.foxsanantonio.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/vid_1178.shtml

That is interesting it is a franchise.

I think CBS 5 will wait til after their 10pm news to post. I am dying to have everyone see this. And I want to see it again. I will keep refreshing their site.

As an unimportant aside: My husband thinks I am absolutely crazy for following this so close and he was the one that called me in and "rewound" the DVR so I could see this news report. He is usually not positive about things like this (All along he has told me to expect the worst.), and he walked away saying, "Duh,....she gave him up for adoption. She went all the way to San Antonio to a hotel and an amusement park that is known for these underground things."

In a very early thread we had a poster who is involved in trying to stop illegal adoptions and noted that this very hotel is a known place for adoption agencies setting up mothers who were wanting to give up their babies -- I am not sure the poster lasted here -- she had a website -- I will find the posts if they still exist

BTW this is the first I have heard of a tape outside of Six Flags existing

For a legal adoption, would an attorney check those papers against court records to verify they were valid? In the process along the way, does anyone check?

I think most attorneys would want to see certified court records (which can also be forged), but you aren't required to have an attorney involved.

Question for the attorney...or anyone else knowledgeable. If a couple does have Gabriel and are terrified, are there any assurances LE can give them that they won't be prosecuted? If it were me, I would want to leave him at a church or something, but would still be always looking over my shoulder. How do you entice someone to come forward and not get more desperate? I know Logan has said this, but also, if I were him, I would DEFINITELY not care what happened to the people if I got my son back....and I would want them to have whatever assurance they need to feel ok about coming forward. What do you all think?

Finally! this is a good report that confirms what those of us who believed this was a pre-arranged illegal adoption have seen and thought all along

I still think Tammi has the missing connection between EJ and this illegal adoption agency

We have seen one agency lose their license and one of their employees imprisoned for illegal strategies in San Antonio this decade -- posted in earlier threads -- I do think Texas is fertile ground for finding ways to beat the system in adoption, and who would be an expert in both ways to skirt law, an adopt babies who had fathers who wanted them?

Question for the attorney...or anyone else knowledgeable. If a couple does have Gabriel and are terrified, are there any assurances LE can give them that they won't be prosecuted? If it were me, I would want to leave him at a church or something, but would still be always looking over my shoulder. How do you entice someone to come forward and not get more desperate? I know Logan has said this, but also, if I were him, I would DEFINITELY not care what happened to the people if I got my son back....and I would want them to have whatever assurance they need to feel ok about coming forward. What do you all think?

This was one of my wishes weeks ago-- Can't LE make some statement about no questions asked if someone wanted to return Gabriel?

In a very early thread we had a poster who is involved in trying to stop illegal adoptions and noted that this very hotel is a known place for adoption agencies setting up mothers who were wanting to give up their babies -- I am not sure the poster lasted here -- she had a website -- I will find the posts if they still exist

BTW this is the first I have heard of a tape outside of Six Flags existing

I remember that poster. They said the exact thing that the report said. I wish they had EJ's laptop. I am sure that is how she found the San Antonio connection and why she went there.

Didn't EJ supposedly tell someone there was a video? So now it sounds like she could be telling the truth on that. I am sure LE new the reputation of this hotel all along. I am guessing the babysitter knew what goes on at this hotel too. It makes me wonder how many of the fathers come looking for their babies. It doesn't sound like it would have been too hard for EJ to find someone by herself. As far as someone coming forward with Gabriel, I think TS and JS kept H so I think there are more people out there like that. I think it is going to take JJ finding Gabriel and getting him back. jmo

Wonderful news that gives us hope!!! :woohoo:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4666494&postcount=699"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ-Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, missing since 12-26-09 thread #5[/ame]
On January 11th Mum wrote

Two agencys that have used this hotel is Adoption Services Associates and Adoption Alliance. Both very close to the hotel and park

Other enlightening posts by Mum [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4667241&postcount=69"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ-Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, missing since 12-26-09 thread #6[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4666450&postcount=680"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ-Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, missing since 12-26-09 thread #5[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4671836&postcount=671"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ-Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, missing since 12-26-09 thread #6[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4671292&postcount=588"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ-Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, missing since 12-26-09 thread #6[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4667541&postcount=147"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ-Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, missing since 12-26-09 thread #6[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4667241&postcount=69"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ-Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, missing since 12-26-09 thread #6[/ame]

We had a lengthly discussion in thread five if you want to see more along this line of thinking!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo
Back