Imus Can't Help Himself, Can He?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah I agree Imus needs to just stay away from the whole race issue.. just don't even go there, Imus! Sharpton needs to just go away himself as well..he is the race police or what? Ugh he gets on my nerves.

I think the best thing people can do is just ignore him. There are older people of every race who just don't have the overly P.C. chip in their brains that people seem to have these days and can't grow them either. He doesn't have sponsors and the people who hired him after the last time know what he's about. The best thing for him is for people to just let him spout his crap and never even mention it. Hopefully, he'll just fade away.

I don't think he was trying to make a statement against african-americans. I think the point he was trying to make came out of his mouth the wrong way. He should have followed through and let what he had on his mind to say fully come out.

Personally, I think Pacman Jones is a total waste. Not that I condone Imus's remarks but Pacman should've been banned for life.

Leave it to Jerry Jones to find some more criminals to try to snag another ring. The criminal element has worked well for him in the past.

And yes, I'm a Skins fan, lol

In this article he says he was being sarcastic, implying that the reason Pacman Jones had been arrested so many times was simply because he was black. I haven't heard the rest of the conversation though which might back that up. I can see how this statement alone can be taken out of context. I would hope that the people he was talking with followed up with him on that statement, or Imus clarified himself further right afterward.

I'll give him a pass for now, but his past sure doesn't help the situation!

Link
http://www.woio.com/Global/story.asp?S=8545569

Pacman Jones got in trouble because he's an idiot, not because he's black. We don't need Imus to seemingly go out of his way to speak up about race inequalities, because clearly he doesn't have the credibility.

Personally, I don't need Imus to speak up about anything.

I think the best thing people can do is just ignore him. There are older people of every race who just don't have the overly P.C. chip in their brains that people seem to have these days and can't grow them either. He doesn't have sponsors and the people who hired him after the last time know what he's about. The best thing for him is for people to just let him spout his crap and never even mention it. Hopefully, he'll just fade away.

Great post.

I saw his explanation on TV this morning and believe him. I don't think he was trying to put anyone down because of their race. His comment seemed to be just the opposite of the way most people are taking it. Unfortunately, I believe his previous racial comments will haunt him the rest of his life. He may as well hang up his career. It's over.

Personally, I don't need Imus to speak up about anything.

Yeah, yeah you do. Him and Deirrrrrrrdre.:eek:

Come on now Imus is explaining he works with alot of black people now. His producer I think they said is black. That dude needs to just go stay on his ranch, and bring Sharpton with him.:rolleyes: Sorry, I'm kind of happy to be having Pacman on the Cowboy's.

Personally, I think Pacman Jones is a total waste. Not that I condone Imus's remarks but Pacman should've been banned for life.

Leave it to Jerry Jones to find some more criminals to try to snag another ring. The criminal element has worked well for him in the past.

Whatev.:bang::crazy:

Not only am I a Skins fan too...I used to watch Imus every morning on MSNBC. :crazy:

I wish Al Sharpton would just shut up already. :bang:

Imus is an idiot and so is Sharpton.[/QUOTE]

These two still walk (and talk) among us yet we lost Tim Russert and George Carlin. Somewhere and somehow there has to be justice. The scales need to tip the other way next time. IMO.

So what do you think he was trying to say, gman?

Sorry, I'm answering this a day late. I think he was trying to say the police were hassling pacman because he was black. Not the fact that it was pacman, but just another black individual. But he didn't quite finish making his statement.

Sorry, I'm answering this a day late. I think he was trying to say the police were hassling pacman because he was black. Not the fact that it was pacman, but just another black individual. But he didn't quite finish making his statement.

If that's what he meant...I feel he's overcompensating for his previous incident. It also shows that Imus knows nothing about this guy so why are you discussing him? Do some homework, Imus, before running your mouth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back