Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #152 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This really is unbelievably creepy and shocking! I can't imagine how the Pattys must feel knowing that the girls' alleged murderer actually was involved with helping process those photos and giving them to them for free. They must be absolutely appalled and disgusted!
Me too I can't get over the fact the grandfather
There’s a true crime show called ‘I lived with a murderer’. Or something similar to that. It’s actually quite shocking how often people live a normal life with a monster in disguise. In the show, family members recall signs that they did not pick up on till after the person is caught. While logic tells us we would know, I think living with and loving the person hinders that logic. How often have you encountered a stranger and thought they give you a creepy vibe? That stranger probably goes home to a loving family that do not ever get that same feeling. Moo
Brilliant post, look at B.T.K his family didn't have a clue. I think people should give his wife and daughter some space.

I hope the same. This is why I don't understand why the media has so many commentators saying they don't understand why they are still taking tips and implying it means they don't have much on RA.

Of course they are still taking tips! We just learned about this guy last week and there is no telling who else may have info about him. I guess it's clickbait, but it drives me crazy.

Also it's completely standard operating procedure in any criminal case. It's very rare that you have your complete case ready to go BEFORE you arrest someone. That can happen in corporate cases where a company is cooperating and investigating alongside LE. But with run-of-the-mill violent crime, you learn about a possible crime, determine if you have probable cause for a search warrant or arrest warrant, start your searches, arrest your suspect, and continue the investigation.

You may not have sufficient evidence for search warrants until you have enough for your arrest warrant. So of course you will want potential witnesses to call in and provide more evidence.

In this particular case, RA may have made comments to people in the past that they thought were weird but not concerning. Maybe now knowing he was arrested for this crime, those people will call in to report things he said or did that could give LE more information about the crime and time afterwards.

Personally I did not read anything into the press conference except LE trying to be thorough and keep the door open to any and all information that could be relevant to this case.

There’s a true crime show called ‘I lived with a murderer’. Or something similar to that. It’s actually quite shocking how often people live a normal life with a monster in disguise. In the show, family members recall signs that they did not pick up on till after the person is caught. While logic tells us we would know, I think living with and loving the person hinders that logic. How often have you encountered a stranger and thought they give you a creepy vibe? That stranger probably goes home to a loving family that do not ever get that same feeling. Moo
Brilliant post I too have watched similar crime shows, I totally get what you're saying.

I have to admit it’s a bit frustrating to me to hear people aren’t impressed with the press conference. For those of us that have followed the Evansdale case for 10 years, we would be elated if we could hear that someone was charged with murder. Those girls have been gone twice as long as Abby and Libby and while they’re each equally important and deserving of justice, it’s been a long road for Lyric and Elizabeth.

I’m certainly not telling anyone what to post, but I just had to get that off my chest.
I have wondered for a long time if Evansdale and Delphi are related. If they were it would provide justice for both families and would eliminate the possibility that there was yet another child killer roaming free in the midwest. I have no idea if there was suspect DNA collected in Evansdale but if there was I imagine RA's DNA has already been looked at for a comparison. Can you imagine how complicated everything would become if he has in fact committed the Evansdale murders too? When you look closely at the circumstances however the cases are very different, so it's probably too much to hope for. That there are so many men wandering around free killing children is horrific. I wonder what kind of vehicle RA was driving in 2012. Thankfully, this week there is one less monster out there.

Yeah I think he said "we have likely interviewed you" in the 2019 presser. I'm curious to know if he was on their radar. Like you said, he definitely could have been and they just needed evidence.
I thought they said they said interviewed "thousands" (maybe hundreds in reality) in the community. So if you think it's a local and you interviewed most of them, then that's not a big leap to think you already interviewed them.

I have to admit it’s a bit frustrating to me to hear people aren’t impressed with the press conference. For those of us that have followed the Evansdale case for 10 years, we would be elated if we could hear that someone was charged with murder. Those girls have been gone twice as long as Abby and Libby and while they’re each equally important and deserving of justice, it’s been a long road for Lyric and Elizabeth.

I’m certainly not telling anyone what to post, but I just had to get that off my chest.
You're comparing so that's why it seems impressive.

Go back and watch the molly tibbets one and it won't seem so impressive probably compared to that one. It was excellent.

March was just 2 weeks after the murders. It usually takes at least that long to get autopsy results back. But it also said no "visible" signs of struggle.

It's possible They could have not had the autopsy report yet or just chose not to refer to it especially if the timing was close and they hadnt had a chance to digest it. The "visible" part is key. It keeps them outta hot water with the judge if they presented it that way to get a warrant because they knew RL didnt didn't have any defensive wounds.

If they had the autopsy report and it showed no sign of struggle, i feel like they wouldn't have includied the "visible" part and woulda referred to the report. As that would help with the securing a good warrant. Jmo.

I'm curious to what others think
As someone confirmed above as I don't have it to hand, the RL warrant was signed and dated 17th of March, over a month after the murders. I can't see them putting any inaccurate or even debatable information in that warrant given the seriousness of the investigation and how many times LE has repeatedly said every single thing they present legal wise has to be concrete. If that warrant says there were no signs of a struggle or fight, I think I'm more likely to believe that.

I find it hard to believe he came forward and they didn't put 2 and 2 together.

However, did Carter not say something like...."we may have talked to you before...." in the originally presser?

so maybe they had hunches, but no evidence, and finally something slipped.
I'm confused. Who came forward and when?

Thanks.

It may have been in that one week (after they towed his vehicle) that LE found the evidence they needed to arrest him.
Now that I have settled down a bit and my heart has quit racing over the Arrest (YAY !!), I have read back through news of arrest and the PC yesterday.

I now think he has NOTHING to do with KK

I think there was another reason LE was at RA home and found things related to murder of the girls.

Of course, I still wonder about LE searching the creek and letting KK out of jail for a day but I cannot connect that right now and am leaning more towards it being something to do with something else.

JMO & This is just my thought right now and subject to change daily but I think it was a fluke that he was caught for the murders ---

MAY JUSTICE RING FOR LIBBY & ABBY !!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I'm thinking it was a SIM card or thumb drive, but when reading your list I thought of a key. Whatever it was, it seems to have been small.

jmo

Are soil samples a possibility of what LE took from the search of his backyard? And, if so, what would several feet deep of a plug of soil sample be able to tell them, I wonder? Temperature of soil? Would that be significant? Other information obtained from samples?

Thanks.
FOX59 is reporting that sources close to the investigation have revealed that RA came forward voluntarily to police and admitted to being on the trails that day, early in the investigation.

Edit to add - if I understand his actions correctly, he may have been trying to cover himself in case someone else reported seeing him there that day. Or he may have been trying to find out what LE knew or suspected.

Editing again to add link:

Last edited:

Thanks.

Sources with firsthand knowledge of the investigation told FOX59 Allen actually came forward as a witness in the earlier stages of the investigation.

I totally think part of the purpose of posing is to shock the responders. It's a form of violence not only against the victims but society at large. My opinion.

jmo
THIS^^^^
Many motivations to explore in this case. I think you have pointed out a major one. So far, I haven't heard any profilers speak about RA.

I would be interested in his childhood, parents, siblings, being married to a professional whose income highly exceeds his own, hobbies, etc., etc.

My intuition says this is an angry antisocial man conforming to society's norms only as a front.

MOO

I guess that matches what DC said in the 2019 press conference when he said BG either lives in Delphi or close to it or has in the past and probably interacts normally with the community. There have been a number of stories about killers who have actually gone to the vigils of their victims and participated in them and/or helped pass out fliers and other material within the community to blend in.

Can't blame the bar patrons at all - depending on what RA looked like at the time, it's very easy to not make any connection there. Plus, local bias kicks in and while they may have thought the perp was in the area, it couldn't be any of their friends and from what this bar owner is saying, it's not like when the murders came up RA got quiet or standoffish or excused himself from the conversation.
Yep Ian Huntley from the UK, inserted himself on the t.v,, murdered two young girls.
This would fit with inserting himself into the investigation to find out what they know.

As someone confirmed above as I don't have it to hand, the RL warrant was signed and dated 17th of March, over a month after the murders. I can't see them putting any inaccurate or even debatable information in that warrant given the seriousness of the investigation and how many times LE has repeatedly said every single thing they present legal wise has to be concrete. If that warrant says there were no signs of a struggle or fight, I think I'm more likely to believe that.
And all that makes sense. I just cant discount the word "visible" .

That's just me.

I have wondered for a long time if Evansdale and Delphi are related. If they were it would provide justice for both families and would eliminate the possibility that there was yet another child killer roaming free in the midwest. I have no idea if there was suspect DNA collected in Evansdale but if there was I imagine RA's DNA has already been looked at for a comparison. Can you imagine how complicated everything would become if he has in fact committed the Evansdale murders too? When you look closely at the circumstances however the cases are very different, so it's probably too much to hope for. That there are so many men wandering around free killing children is horrific. I wonder what kind of vehicle RA was driving in 2012. Thankfully, this week there is one less monster out there.
Will be interesting if there is a ring of killers and Kk corresponded and shared pictures with RA and the Evansdale killer.

Please understand that there are too many responses to read every one. So, I don't say this as a Eureka moment for anyone other than myself. More or less talking out loud.

The idea that they moved RA for his safety has just been an almost nothing clue for me, thinking they moved him because they were afraid of what an angry mob might do, but after a few days of reading around, and wondering about Carter saying that "today is not the day", I now think they are protecting him from whoever else might be involved, which may be more than I suspected.
And yet if another person is involved, it increases the jeopardy of being discovered exponentially in my mind. Two or more under the radar or with no evidential proof after almost 6 years would be surprising to me.

But then, I'm just a ponderer, not an expert in such things.

Sorry if already answered - First, he didn't become a Pharmacy Tech until almost a year after the murders. Also, CVS cross-trains their employees.
My sister and I both worked at CVS for many years. I worked in the front store and my sister was a pharmacy tech. There was no cross training between the two while we were there. None of the employees in our store switched between front and pharmacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli