Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #153 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The statute his charges are under:

35-42-1-1(2): Murder:

(2) kills another human being while committing or attempting to commit arson, burglary, child molesting, consumer product tampering, criminal deviate conduct (under IC § 35-42-4-2 before its repeal), kidnapping, rape, robbery, human trafficking, promotion of human labor trafficking, promotion of human sexual trafficking, promotion of child sexual trafficking, promotion of sexual trafficking of a younger child, child sexual trafficking, or carjacking (before its repeal);"

Edit to add source: 2017 Indiana Code :: TITLE 35. Criminal Law and Procedure :: ARTICLE 42. OFFENSES AGAINST THE PERSON :: CHAPTER 1. Homicide :: 35-42-1-1. Murder

Please note he is charged under clause 2 of this statute.

Last edited:
Oddly media is reporting no bond.

“The judge ordered Allen held without bond and sealed the probable cause affidavit and charging documents.”
Yeah, I’m seeing the conflicting reports too. I was just mentioning what I am seeing currently on the court website. I don’t know if it was set on 10-28 and revoked later (and then the revoked portion just not listed on the website) or what. It is odd that presser and media said no bond, and as another member shared here the Bond schedule for this level offense at the County level is no bond too…..

Strange.

I just looked him up in full on the same website (mycase.in.gov), and hoooo boy, does he have a record of various issues with the law! Everything from drunk and disorderly, speeding, DUI, and a dissolution of marriage in 2008(?).
Mods, I hope I'm allowed to comment this - since he has been arrested and charged. Please feel free to delete or correct me if I'm in the wrong at all!

Drink seems to have been mentioned a lot so far. It seems to be a running theme throughout his life.

Mooo

I just looked him up in full on the same website (mycase.in.gov), and hoooo boy, does he have a record of various issues with the law! Everything from drunk and disorderly, speeding, DUI, and a dissolution of marriage in 2008(?).
Mods, I hope I'm allowed to comment this - since he has been arrested and charged. Please feel free to delete or correct me if I'm in the wrong at all!
I still only see the two speeding and one seatbelt infractions

There’s a lot of misinformation flying around these threads that really needs to be addressed.

When we say the bodies were moved we are not talking about moving them to a secondary location.

To be clear, Abby and Libby were found at the location of their murders.

LE believes their bodies were moved to facilitate posing/staging by the Killer. Think repositioned, rearranged, adjusted, maybe dragged a bit.

This information is clearly stated in the RL Search Warrant.

Secondly, KAK did NOT put a phone IN the microwave. He claimed he forgot about that particular phone and found it on TOP of the microwave. He subsequently handed it over to LE but it had been reset I believe.

This information comes from the KAK Interrogation Document.

If I am wrong on any of this please set me straight. Thnx
TEALGROVE, thank you. The in the microwave was a direct quote from a published article. ELLE (brilliant and long time Sleuth) provided the link to the story. So ELLE simply cited the info in the article. But, that doesn't mean the reporter got the information correct, huh? I thought it was strange KAK claims he "found it" anywhere. I personally think he hid it the minute LE knocked on the front door. He (or whomever was replying to KG as Anthony_Shots on the night of the girls disappearance) already had a heads up that the girls were missing and that he was a known contact! Dhaaang, I would sure like to read those texts, if that is how the communication was conducted. KAK isn't the kind of guy "in my opinion" who doesn't know the location of his phone at all times. (...probably only sets it down to climb in the shower...). KAK is such a disturbing individual. Also wanted to add BMacD must be one heck of a strong person to actually schedule a second jail interview/appointment with him.
PS*** And BMacD if you did get a second interview...I look forward to reading it! And, want to know how/why you asked certain questions.
PSS*** Any thoughts on BMacD's jailhouse interview?

Or possibly to share or sell as part of a CSAM network, JMO
Just speculating…
Could it be that KK gave them information about (that) photo? Then they found a hard drive (or something) in the Wabash river search to confirm what KK told them…that led them to RA which led to the search at his home finding something to this, which led to his arrest?

Guy over 50, dressed unappropriately to the weather and casually walking through the bridge like that, in - what is usually consider working hours - is odd enough and creepy enough.
Who in the right mind being an adult would even walk behind teenage girls on a bridge like that? IMO no one cause you don't want to scare kids. You want a walk, you wait a moment to have reasonable distance, to not make them feel chased. This is how normal people behave. (Unless there are other people around, few groups of different age are walking - different story then) Him getting so close to them, had to be creepy enough.
I hike alot, and that just doesn't seem creepy to me. Lots of people hike solo. Some work odd hours, some are on vacation, etc. I've never had someone pause to let space come between us. I would never think to do it for someone else.

There have been times I've been nervous because it was a remote location and I was alone. But the man has always given me a friendly nod and passed by, no problems. Men tend to walk faster than me so it's natural for them to want to pass me by.

The statute his charges are under:

35-42-1-1(2): Murder:

(2) kills another human being while committing or attempting to commit arson, burglary, child molesting, consumer product tampering, criminal deviate conduct (under IC § 35-42-4-2 before its repeal), kidnapping, rape, robbery, human trafficking, promotion of human labor trafficking, promotion of human sexual trafficking, promotion of child sexual trafficking, promotion of sexual trafficking of a younger child, child sexual trafficking, or carjacking (before its repeal);"

From the text in parenthesis, it sounds like this was repealed. Wonder what the new law is

I think it's very plausible he could have walked. One theory I have if he drove there: is he parked at the far end of the cemetery. I believe he got there mins before the girls did, hid until they got to a certain part of the bridge, abducted them, said down the hill, murdered them, moved their bodies across the creek (hoping to wash blood and anything else off), staged their bodies, and walked up towards the cemetery to get back to his vehicle.
I agree with this theory especially moving bodies across creek to remove blood and evidence. This theory explains where his vehicle would have been as well. I believe LE took the 2016 Ford Focus into evidence. That likely would have been what he was driving that day. If this was planned in advance, he may have had a change of clothing in vehicle.

He has a very common first and last name especially as some charges don’t state any middle name. I don’t think it’s all the same person, according to media reports no divorce.

Libby and Abby must have been very observant. I sometimes wonder whether simply seeing a man walking around on the trail or in the woods would cause them to be uneasy. It was a place where people did exactly that.

Did they actually talk to the killer before he then approached them and pulled out a weapon? Most introductions start with a name, even if it is a fake one. It does not appear the killer talked to the girls before he approached them.

Maybe it had something to do with bridge guy's appearance? I thought bridge guy might have a very unique and distinct face. The current suspect does have the type of cheek bone facial features that are similar to the man on the bridge. There does not seem to be anything else unique about his face.

But even today I when I look at the video of the man on the bridge I see someone with a large torso, short legs, wearing a blue windbreaker jacket along with a floppy ear swiss army type hat on their head. They look like based on where a possible gun is located in their windbreaker jacket that they may be left-handed. It goes to show that in every case, people see things differently.
MOO...It the eyes that stand out and send messages that can make a person uneasy. RA's eyes do that for me and that's just in pictures.

there were no signs of a struggle or a fight on the girls. Did he drug them?

Possibly or he used a gun to scare the girls into submission. He has a conceal and carry license

there were no signs of a struggle or a fight on the girls. Did he drug them?

Wonder why it took so long for them to search RL's property. And why do I keep remembering Libby's grandfather on the news right after the murders saying Libby put up one hell of a fight?

He has a very common name. I don’t think it’s all the same person.
I thought that, too, at first, but when you click on each individual result, the name listed is either "Richard Matthew Allen" or "Richard M Allen." I suppose it's possible it could still be a different RMA, but it seems to all be him.

I’m just noting that on the notice the prosecuting attorney is named. If RA had an Atty would his/her name be their as well?
Sorry in advance if already posted; I didn’t realize this until I looked at MyCase website and saw the pending case for him now listed.

His bond was set at 20 MILLION dollars cash or corporate surety by the Court.

November 2, 2022 9:33 AM

‘Everything changes now’​

Authorities would not give any details about Allen’s alleged involvement in the killings, and it’s unclear whether Allen is in fact the man on the bridge, or the voice that uttered the phrase “down the hill,” recorded by Libby’s cell phone shortly before the crime.

Wonder why it took so long for them to search RL's property. And why do I keep remembering Libby's grandfather on the news right after the murders saying Libby put up one hell of a fight?

Yes I remember that or maybe it was she would have put up one hell of a fight.

I guess though maybe that’s what people believe but it’s completely different when you are in that situation especially when you’re a kid :(

Moo

Do we know for a fact that the girls *didn’t* know (recognize) RA?

I grew up in a small town and at that age, we routinely stopped by the local pharmacy when we were out walking around with friends. Candy… makeup… errands for our parents… if he processed photos then clearly he wasn’t always behind the pharmacy counter.

So it’s possible when they encountered him on the trails, they knew who he was - maybe it was more like “hey - isn’t that so-and-so from cvs?” And they videotaped him for the novelty of coming across him in an unlikely area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1