Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #153 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So here is a question as I’m from the UK and we have different legal laws from the sounds of it.

Do you have contempt of court in the U.S?

I was just discussing this with a friend and I’m positive discussion threads like this in the UK would be locked because you could jeopardize legal proceedings.

So many are already assuming he is guilty so how can he get a fair trial?

Like Just imagine a future jury member reading this stuff. I’m intrigued by the different rules for this stuff as it’s never hit me before what a tight balancing rope it must be.

IMO - MOO
First amendment. And They can't leglislate your thoughts and opinions.

Want to get a couple thoughts out as I’ve been following since the day the girls went missing. Checking out the scanners and reading along with you all when they were found.

I believe RA is bridge guy. He could have worn a disguise during the actual crime filming in character as I’m positive he wouldn’t want his real face in it right?

I’m thinking crime of opportunity from possible SK. I’d still qualify him as such if this is his only crime based on behavior and profiling. Good YouTube video from Pat Brown about RA.

I imagine he gave his wife the confession he was there. Maybe even said that’s me on the bridge but I didn’t harm the girls. I gave them directions “guys.. down the hill”. I shouldn’t have left them alone. I led them right to a killer I could have saved them!
From there he gives alibi to cops and a “description”. All these years manipulating the wife of how much danger he would be in if anyone found out.

Just MOO’n
Mooooooo

Thank you for explaining this as I don’t know why it never occurred to me before about the differences. So I appreciate it :D

An important difference is the supremacy of the Constitution in the US compared to Parliamentary supremacy in the UK. This means UK Parliament was able to create criminal subjudice rules, whereas in the US, such rules/orders would be unconstitutional. As we've seen in the Morphew case - this can cause problems in US trials.

Statutory contempt law bans the media from publishing or broadcasting, including on the internet, any comments or information that might seriously prejudice active legal proceedings, in particular criminal proceedings heard before juries. The concern is that a juror might hear or see something outside of the courtroom that would sway him/her when he/she is deciding whether an accused person is innocent or guilty.

Been busy today and just skimming through posts but I’ve seen several references about RA being a witness (or at the scene that day) and his wife knowing/not knowing? I’m so confused. Can someone catch me up and let me know where that’s coming from? RA placing himself there sounds like a big deal..

coming forward as a witness is bold. did he not talk to them on the phone or go see them in person? granted i don't know how the witness process works but isn't there a chance they'd be like "can you come down and see us at the station?" hiding your gait and disguising your voice in person is doable but not easy. MOO

What would be the reasons for why a person would want to opt in to the GED database? Would they have access to additional information beyond what Ancestry and 23 would provide in terms of their DNA results? Just wondering what the motivation would be.
It allows you to find family members who got their DNA tested by a different company. If you went through 23andme, your matches are restricted to other people who went through 23andme. If some distant relative used ancestry.com instead, they wouldn't show up for you. But if you both uploaded your profiles to GEDmatch, you could find each other.

Edit: this thread moves fast, I see multiple already answered you.

There were 2 men seen on the bridge that day. RA, and the guy in the sketch. The other one, may or may not have any connection to the case.

jmo

Watch this video at about the 1:50 DC is asked if he‘s confident they got the right guy. He answers Yes. Then at the 5 minute mark he’s asked if he thinks RA is the man on the bridge. He reponds with a sly grin “well the Judge signed the probable cause affidavit for the arrest, I can’t wait to tell the story but todays not the day…”. He comes across as totally confident of RAs arrest, while leaving the door open for secondary involvement. JMO

coming forward as a witness is bold. did he not talk to them on the phone or go see them in person? granted i don't know how the witness process works but isn't there a chance they'd be like "can you come down and see us at the station?" hiding your gait and disguising your voice in person is doable but not easy. MOO
Wow, he came forward as a witness?! I wonder what he had said if this info. is correct via media! I am also curious as to the way he walked home, if he walked. I see GHughes has a good map on ut (we are allowed to mention him ) showing paths he could have taken. A previous post here suggests he may've followed another river (can't recall name) back to his house. The thing that I wonder about is the search of the river near Peru and if that was a search for the weapon used. Also, how RA got rid of incriminating evidence. I just can't imagine he buried it in his backyard, as discovered by LE in their search. As for his jacket in more recent photos, yes it could be the jacket he wore when committing the murders. But he surely would've had to wash it without being noticed by family. <modsnip - off limits>

Last edited by a moderator:
So here is a question as I’m from the UK and we have different legal laws from the sounds of it.

Do you have contempt of court in the U.S?

I was just discussing this with a friend and I’m positive discussion threads like this in the UK would be locked because you could jeopardize legal proceedings.

So many are already assuming he is guilty so how can he get a fair trial?

Like Just imagine a future jury member reading this stuff. I’m intrigued by the different rules for this stuff as it’s never hit me before what a tight balancing rope it must be.

IMO - MOO

we have contempt of court but AFAIK it's things related to either blatant disrespect in the courtroom or being called to testify but refusing.

i believe our First Amendment protects the discussion of cases so that it does not fall under contempt (of course this doesn't apply to actual jurors during a current case, though. You may have seen in a few high profile US cases where the judge will tell the jury they are not to discuss the case with anyone, even each other, or do any outside research as they are dismissed for lunch breaks or at the end of the day).

MOD NOTE:

After further review, sleuthing of RMA’s alias will be allowed. The information can be found here, at Law & Crime, which is an approved source.

Be mindful of the rules of this site, as always. If you’re unsure of a source or validity of information you’ve discovered, ask one of the staff. We’re happy to help!

Thanks,

Mad

^^^^ I finally found the announcement Mad made when that announcement was made, so that's not a new decision but an old one. As of now, I haven't seen any MSM that initially reported the alias retract it, so the decision still stands. ^^^^
From your link:
[Editor’s note: One jail entry claims Allen used the alias Craigh Ross Rentfrow, but it’s unclear why or whether that entry may have been an error.]

I wonder if he was seen by someone else that day and wanted to put forward his own story/thought it would look suspicious if he were identified as being in the area without coming forward.

It’s been so long ago so this is all IIRC.
I believe at one point they knew there were “others” out there on the trail that were seen but LE hadn’t identified yet. I think LE put a statement out asking those who were out there that day to come forward.
It’s my opinion RA came forward out of fear of being recognized by someone and did so to attempt a look at innocence. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member