Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #156

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To add to what you said Covid hasn't gone away yet, so I find it odd he has to do it in person. Although one can always wear a mask.

I also found this so maybe we can view it? I'm not 100% sure what that means. Public access to what? To our ability to view live online? To answer the Q of whether the public can have access to more info?

View attachment 380829

I believe that means members of the public can walk in and watch the proceedings - but I could be mistaken.

good point you maybe right. Do we know when information about exactly where the girls where that day and where they were found came out. I'm wondering when the significance of him specifically being on the bridge became clear.

I do think that since all this happened before the video on the bridge was released the fact that he was on the bridges significance might not have been as clear. If he came forward after the video came out then it would be crazy they didn't immediately rocket him to the top of the list.
The still photo and search and appeal for bridge guy started last Wednesday 2/15/2017.
Police had quickly identified all people on the trail that day and BG was the one they couldn’t find.
At first they appealed to him as a “witness.”

My brain makes a distinction between the words transport and transfer. I had commented earlier today that . . . never mind. JMO

I'm not going to get into a debate about how I process different words.
Ok. I just feel that from my perspective, you were correct on all. He was moved to a closer facility in order to be transported to court on Tuesday. :p

Shouldn't they have already done this before Monday? One would hope they attended wherever he's being held and discussed the matter with him? Heard his side? Started to seek disclosure from the prosecution etc?

Oh yeah, I’d def think they’ve met with him already in lockup! But that’s different - they’re limited by visiting hours, it’s uncomfortably on hostile territory, they probably worry it’s bugged etc.

if he’s shipped in for a hearing, they can keep him at the courthouse as long as they want & meet more comfortably … that’s all I meant by a “real” chance to meet with him
Moo

To add to what you said Covid hasn't gone away yet, so I find it odd he has to do it in person. Although one can always wear a mask.

I also found this so maybe we can view it? I'm not 100% sure what that means. Public access to what? To our ability to view live online? To answer the Q of whether the public can have access to more info?

View attachment 380829

Habeus corpus… maybe Judge wants to see for herself the state he’s in etc etc.

Thank you for reposting this for those of us who haven't been following from day 1. :) My observations & questions from notes I took from RI's interview which I've relinked at the bottom.

RI - There was so much physical evidence at the crime, and the crime had been found so immediately after it had been committed, that it’s the sort of thing that experienced LE, experienced investigators, all believed “Well this is going to be solved real quickly. And normally it would be.” <snip> but if you had been a police officer in 1960 and you would have arrived at this crime scene with the traditional physical evidence that was there, and not to mention the fact that we had video and audio of the person I think certainly killed the girls, you’d be certain you would catch him within 48 hrs.

Interviewer: Just from the evidence at the scene?

RI – Yes, yes, circumstances of the crime.

Gemmie - If there was so much physical evidence and circumstances... I can't wrap my head around why it took them over 5 years. According to RI's interview they were all certain he'd have been caught within 48 hours. That and the next section below about the sheets that were handed out for people they wanted interviewed.

RI - they developed a system where there were tips, where there were hints, or there were reason to believe someone was in the neighborhood, they would assign… we had so many officers working on it, they’d give them sheets and say ‘Go find these people and interview them about where they were that day and so on”.

Gemmie: If RA went to the CO shortly afterward saying he was on the bridge, which places him practically at the crime scene around the time the crime happened... did they not have a sheet with his name on it and go interview him? If not, why not?

RI - There’s a house up on a hill that can actually look down, the backyard can look down and see the crime scene.

Gemmie - That's pretty brazen of him as I'd think he'd know that. I can't imagine he didn't take walks there often to scope things out for when the time came to act on his evil feelings. You'd think he'd have been aware of that fact.

RI - the fact that it’s not been solved, and the fact there doesn’t appear to be any motivation for it, it appears to be a serial killer type of thing.

Gemmie - "No motivation for it" makes it sound to me like there was no sexual aspect to the scene (which surprises me because that's where I've placed my bets). Otherwise, wouldn't sex be the motivation? Does anyone know what motivation means in this respect (where it "doesn't appear to be any")? Am I wrong in thinking a sexual aspect would be motivation? I'm not LE so don't know how they are trained to think about that sort of thing.

Excellent observations, @Gemmie!

I haven’t been on this thread continuously so I don’t know all that’s been discussed. One thing that you point out is the question of motivation. I don’t want to get too deep and dark here. Others have pointed out that some sickos get sexual gratification without actually committing a physical SA. Unfortunately, due to other research I have delved into over the years, I have come to learn just how depraved some humans can be. I wouldn’t even refer to them as animals because I love animals. They are sub-human/inhuman, soulless.

KAK is an evil man to do what he did, catfishing and procuring photos from young teens. But there are those that are even more evil. I still believe there is a link between KAK and RMA but as some members have pointed out, they are different animals with different motives IMO. I doubt they’ve ever met in person. Perhaps online chatting, phone texting. I feel RMA knew the girls would be at the trails someway, somehow through KAK or directly with Libby through the AS account. Was RMA supplementing his income by videoing death? I was reminded the other day that there are those SO depraved they will pay an enormous amount of money to watch such evil. Still, I hope this isn’t the case, that some sickos got to watch this. I’m reminded of a verse, “with much knowledge comes much grief.” This is a true saying :(.

If, and it’s a big IF, RMA was cashing in on death, there’s no telling what other cases he may be linked to. JMHO

Edited by me (typo)

I didn’t read every last post over the past 2 weeks to get caught up.

Does anyone know if RA was in attendance at that initial police presser, where they made everyone sign in and said “it could be someone right here in this room” ? They had a sign-in sheet and took IDs, and I think this exact possible suspect scenario may have been why…

I’m really hoping they have DNA or something physical linking him to the scene, but would be great to know if he was at that one press conference. They fully expected it to be someone just like this suspect.

MOO

DELPHI, Ind. (WISH) — Richard Allen, the man arrested in the 2017 double murder of Abigail Williams and Liberty German near Delphi, told a state conservation officer he was in the area on the day of the killings, but his report may have been considered unfounded, a police source tells I-Team 8.

Allen, a 50-year-old resident of Delphi, went to the conservation officer right after the murders on Feb. 13, 2017, and said he was on the Monon High Bridge that afternoon but didn’t see the two girls, the source says.

<snip>

Allen’s statement was forgotten until recently when Indiana State Police became frustrated with the status of the Delphi investigation and asked a group of investigators to look over files related to the case.

Investigators believe Allen is the man on the bridge in the cell phone video and in sketches released by police, the source tells I-Team 8.

Wow, just reading this. He put himself on the bridge that day. Huge. IMO

Not necessarily replying to you as much as the linked article.

But BBM part is just mind boggling. I can’t imagine anyone else was even on the bridge that day, yet the killer mentioned it that afternoon?? It says “right after” the murders? I swear if we find out he was covered in blood when he told them he was on the bridge my head might just explode.

I’m just trying to Understand how this took 5.5 years to solve? Seems 5.5 hours should have been plenty of time.
IIRC That’s what Robert Ives said in the beginning.

THE CRIMINAL DEFENSE TEAM​

YOUR BEST DEFENSE IS A CALL AWAY​

ANDREW J. BALDWIN​

This attorney has been in practice 27 years. It seems RS’s defense will be adequate. Will he be represented by AJB or someone else within the firm?
Bradley Rozzi of Logansport will be the lead attorney for Richard Matthew Allen and Andrew Baldwin of Franklin will be co-counsel, online court records updated Monday indicated.

Delphi murder update: Attorneys appointed for Richard Matthew Allen, accused of killing 2 teen girls

ETA: Bradley Rozzi has successfully defended several major felony cases including murder, attempted murder, burglary, child molestation and drug offenses. He's represented clients accused of committing multiple murders and other heinous acts and is death penalty qualified in the state of Indiana.

Bradley Rozzi of Logansport will be the lead attorney for Richard Matthew Allen and Andrew Baldwin of Franklin will be co-counsel, online court records updated Monday indicated.

Delphi murder update: Attorneys appointed for Richard Matthew Allen, accused of killing 2 teen girls

ETA: Bradley Rozzi has successfully defended several major felony cases including murder, attempted murder, burglary, child molestation and drug offenses. He's represented clients accused of committing multiple murders and other heinous acts and is death penalty qualified in the state of Indiana.
Sounds like RMA pretty much has all his bases covered.

Brad (Rozzi) has successfully defended several major felony cases including murder, attempted murder, burglary, child molestation and drug offenses

Looks like the only thing missing from his credentials is divorce and property division.

Last edited:
Sounds like RMA pretty much has all his bases covered.

Brad (Rozzi) has successfully defended several major felony cases including murder, attempted murder, burglary, child molestation and drug offenses

Looks like the only thing missing from his credentials is divorce and property division.

The following was included in my original post on p.28 #646"

His primary areas of concentration include criminal law, divorce and child custody law, adoptions, and guardianships.

Posted: Nov 18, 2022 / 06:50 PM EST / Updated: Nov 18, 2022 / 06:51 PM EST

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — The judge has ordered Richard Allen, the suspect in the 2017 Delphi murders of two teen girls, to appear in person in the courtroom on Tuesday.

I-Team 8 expects to get at least a partial glimpse into the Delphi murders investigation if the judge releases the probable cause to the public after a Tuesday court hearing.

Thank you for this important court hearing information. I wonder if this will be the first time Abbey and Libby’s loved ones will be in the same room as him. I can’t begin to imagine the tremendous distress and stress the girl’s loved ones are going to feel seeing him in person. It is horrendous that in addition to finding out details about how Abbey and Libby died and details about the crime scene, the girl’s loved ones are also facing having to see him in person on a number of occasions as the legal proceedings progress in the future.

<modsnip: quoted post removed> I found it interesting that Doug Carter would neither confirm nor deny if Kegan Kline is involved (in any way, however limited) or that others may be involved. If LE really believe RMA is a lone woof, why not just say it. He emphasized that RMA is the killer since the judge signed the PC, yet will not affirm that others are NOT involved. He doesn’t want to “go there.” Hmmmm….. How does that jive with the community no longer having to live in fear If there’s a possibility others are involved? In another interview (which I can’t find at the moment) he talks about what a fascinating story this all is which tends to make me think there are others involved, not in the murder but some “other” way? Sorry if this isn’t making sense. I know what I’m trying to say but I just can’t articulate it very well. It’s late :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Ives grew up in Carroll County and has lived there his entire life.

He said, “I mean in real life, obviously people don’t kill people really all that often, and this crime scene – there’s a lot of evidence. There’s a lot of unique facts there and honestly, because it just didn’t seem – we’re not used to – in rural Indiana , normally if person A murders person B, it’s obvious who the suspects are and usually it’s pretty obvious how to prove they committed the crime”.

I think he’s referring to the fact that, in rural areas and Delphi in particular, as murders are so uncommon, they probably don’t need much investigation to reveal who the likely suspect is. As Delphi has such a small population, and most outsiders are probably unaware of the Monon Bridge and surrounding area, it’s unlikely to be someone who lived outside the community so they anticipated a small suspect pool. Combine that with a video, a voice, a lot of evidence and unique facts, I can well believe LE did think it would be a very short time before an arrest was made – maybe a few days, weeks or even months, but certainly not 5 1/2 years. JMO

Tobe Leazenby was interviewed by a journalist 5 years ago:

Q. Out of everyone who has been questioned or searched, they are still a person of interest and they will remain that way until there is a conviction?
A. Correct.

Here’s why: Paraphrased for brevity.

LE could say they’ve cleared someone but subsequent investigation may lead to that person being re-interviewed and looked at again. LE need to leave that door open because when the matter goes to trial, this opens the door for a very good defence attorney to plant a seed of doubt with the jury by stating that the police had already cleared his client on a particular date.

Posted: Nov 18, 2022 / 06:50 PM EST / Updated: Nov 18, 2022 / 06:51 PM EST

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — The judge has ordered Richard Allen, the suspect in the 2017 Delphi murders of two teen girls, to appear in person in the courtroom on Tuesday.

I-Team 8 expects to get at least a partial glimpse into the Delphi murders investigation if the judge releases the probable cause to the public after a Tuesday court hearing.
Oh my, can you even begin to imagine the atmosphere in that courtroom with RA actually being there in person? Will the families be allowed to attend? This all still seems surreal to me after all these years.

Sadly, if I am on the jury, with what I have seen thus far, I am needing DNA evidence to convict because it looks like LE is totally inept. I don’t trust them to tell the truth or to handle the case properly.

*I mean this as if I were a juror and I were being presented with what LE has given us SO FAR*
But LE has said openly that they have given the public NOTHING. Of course there is more. They have said all along that they would not give anything that would tarnish the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli