Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #159

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure LE is also doing their due diligence, to find evidence to show when the gun was bought, when the ammo was bought. Looking for bank records, when gas was bought and where around that time for RA car, etc. If any clothing was purchased after then that resembled the outfit that he may destroyed after the killings..

No, the only thing it says about his phone is this:

View attachment 384444

I don't understand it, but some phones have the IMEI, and others have the MEID.
The PCA didn't mention anything about his phone pings.

I wonder if his phone ended up in someone else's hands....maybe a trade, or sale? Someone like...KK who had several phones.

Found this old quote from 2019 from law enforcement:

"Somebody may have already interviewed him,"
"I'm not going to say they have or have not, but there's a possibility that has happened."

Does make you wonder how much truth is in these claims they perhaps knew they had interviewed the killer but had lost his report and details.
I bet thats why they were asking for people they talked to to come forward again..and when RA didn't they likely knew that he worth looking into if they could figure out who it was.

Sua sponte
Yes. Very unusual.

For case management you wouldn’t even call it sua sponte, it’s routine for a judge to make case management rulings when they need.

But on a relatively unusual gagging order request activating the constitution, surely without a motion/application, what power is there under Indiana law for a judge to wake up on a Friday and decide to just put it into place despite having ruled 48 hours prior that she won’t do so until a full hearing two months away?

Genuinely, I’m a student of the law (long time ago), if there is a power in Indiana for a judge to do this I’d love to read about it so pls cite it!

Have we talked about where RA’s phone was pinging during the murder? He admits to checking stocks while walking on the trail, so we know he had it with him. Is his phone at the crime scene from 2:30-4 ish? Or was it somewhere else?

But a good defense team will not let the jury assume 'for sure' that means we're thinking that 'probably' means. IF (and hopefully there truly is more context on the remainder of the recording) all that's heard is one of the girls saying "gun" the defense will cast doubt like....how do we know the full sentence isn't "Libby does he have a "gun"?" "Libby pull out your "gun" (a bluff)", "a gun sure would be handy about now", etc.

It's a leap, up for debate on how big but nonetheless a leap, to go from only hearing one of the girls say the word gun in an unknown context, hearing "down the hill" out of full context (again up for debate whether it's a more conversational tone or command tone), & even hearing "guys" (as opposed to gals or girls) when the only 2 other known people there were female.. to the certainty that BG was kidnapping A & L at gunpoint.
“Gun!” or “Gun.” are full sentences. Well understood by all to to mean a gun has been introduced.

But a good defense team will not let the jury assume 'for sure' that means we're thinking that 'probably' means. IF (and hopefully there truly is more context on the remainder of the recording) all that's heard is one of the girls saying "gun" the defense will cast doubt like....how do we know the full sentence isn't "Libby does he have a "gun"?" "Libby pull out your "gun" (a bluff)", "a gun sure would be handy about now", etc.

It's a leap, up for debate on how big but nonetheless a leap, to go from only hearing one of the girls say the word gun in an unknown context, hearing "down the hill" out of full context (again up for debate whether it's a more conversational tone or command tone), & even hearing "guys" (as opposed to gals or girls) when the only 2 other known people there were female.. to the certainty that BG was kidnapping A & L at gunpoint.
Are we ready to infer that muddy, bloody guy seen later on the road was real and that he is the killer? Because the description of muddy bloody guy matches the description of bridge guy rather well, minus the mud and the blood.

BG=MBG=Killer. Can we go there?

Somebody killed those girls. BG/MBG was the last one with them. He probably felt a need to move them from the trail down to a more secluded spot before he got to whatever his main purpose was.

If someone is not willing to assume that "gun" and "Guys... Down the hill" indicate a kidnapping in light of the girls turning up murdered, I'm not sure what it would ever take for that person to make any inference ever.

BG/MBG also are dressed the way RA was that day, per RA's own report.

Suspects have been asked to repeat certain phrases in lineups for witness identification, IDK about in court. Surely there has in some case somewhere.

It feels very contrary to the Fifth Admendment, I’d think.

And also, I’d think that it could lead to a ‘try on the glove’ moment, as RA would be in control of how he spoke. (Reference, of course, to the OJ Simpson trial.)

Yes. Very unusual.

For case management you wouldn’t even call it sua sponte, it’s routine for a judge to make case management rulings when they need.

But on a relatively unusual gagging order request activating the constitution, surely without a motion/application, what power is there under Indiana law for a judge to wake up on a Friday and decide to just put it into place despite having ruled 48 hours prior that she won’t do so until a full hearing two months away?

Genuinely, I’m a student of the law (long time ago), if there is a power in Indiana for a judge to do this I’d love to read about it so pls cite it!

Lamma
As a student of the law, surely you can do your own research.

I mean, that's what happens during the trial. I'd rather a potential jury go into it without any bias whatsoever. Do not want a mistrial.
I understand your point of view. But, fear is never a good motivation for a judge to issue a gag order. A true compelling interest within the law is necessary to impose secrecy in any criminal judicial matter. Did the judge express a valid legal reasoning or are we simply to rely on her judgment without one? My apologies if she did & I missed it.
JMO

Four things emerge as to why he might've backed into parking by the (CPS) building vs a forward normal parking position.
1. Passersby, especially those driving, couldn't easily jot down rear-only license plate if suspicious (this mentioned most)
2. For those like myself who aren't good at recognizing cars, I'd be less likely to know the model of a car from looking at the front where only the Ford logo is present, than from the rear where it clearly says on the left 'Focus'
3. A few seconds could be saved if expecting to need a quick getaway by facing car toward road instead of having to put car in reverse, back out a bit, then shift into drive.
4. If he didn't get out of the car immediately after parking, which the Gray H video suggests some bit of delay between his car's arrival and when the walk would've started, perhaps he anticipated a return walk on that 300 road for say 10 minutes and wanted to get an idea of how much traffic (like 1 car or 2 cars every 10 minutes) he might expect to encounter, and how fast drivers might be going, etc on that walk back. Getting that visual feel for activity from inside the car would be easier to do facing forward in the driver's seat previewing than through the rear mirror or window.

I compare any of those above reasons however with the opposing mindset that his least chance of car being noticed would not have been this wide-open area at all - or if decided for whatever reason it needed to be this abandoned building that a different side of the building would surely have more out-of-view hidden from others, than just backing the car in??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva