IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #163

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The two sketches are inconsequential as RA put himself on the bridge at the time of the crime. If there is a trial, the defense may try to use the sketches to instill reasonable doubt. However, the hope is there is physical evidence that will shut the lid tight beyond all reasonable doubt.

I'm optimistic there will be a conviction. IMO.

Maybe the sketch was made because of someone's account of seeing that individual near the bridge.

After all, the younger sketch was made FIRST. It was made very early on.

What that implies to me is that RA was the person that provided that description.

JMO

In my opinion, they had 2 very different (but both reliable accounts) of what he looked like. There were 5 people who saw him there (the 3 juveniles on Freedom Bridge, the woman who was at the Mormon Bridge and the driver who saw the muddy and bloody guy walking next to the road).

They initially probably went with who had the strongest belief that they remembered (what they could see of) his face.

It could be the the ones that were unsure, were the ones most accurate.

Regardless, sketches are used almost exclusively to rule in or rule out people. Like someone with strong ethnic characteristics, tall, etc.

The age difference is what perplexes me.. But if the juveniles had the young bridge guy as their sketch, at that age, everyone above 25 looks old to them, so that might have tainted their judgement

Maybe the sketch was made because of someone's account of seeing that individual near the bridge.

After all, the younger sketch was made FIRST. It was made very early on.

What that implies to me is that RA was the person that provided that description.

JMO
Also, from the online interview with Abby's mother Anna, she stated she was told 50+ people were at the trails that day. That's a lot of faces.

AW's Sept 2020 interview...at 27:45 (50+ peeps)

If RA is the source of the first-drawn, second-released YBG photo, then IMO he therefore was familiar with the A_S account and was recalling from memory the model's photos, confident that that activity was buried and phones scrubbed.

Jmo

Also, from the online interview with Abby's mother Anna, she stated she was told 50+ people were at the trails that day. That's a lot of faces.

AW's Sept 2020 interview...at 27:45 (50+ peeps)

50 people but between when and when? And that is a dubious number occurring on a week day.

I'm sure most everyone on the trails contacted LE when they put the word out for everyone to do so.

If RA is the source of the first-drawn, second-released YBG photo, then IMO he therefore was familiar with the A_S account and was recalling from memory the model's photos, confident that that activity was buried and phones scrubbed.

Jmo

Impossible RA was the source of either sketch IMO since he initially only spoke with a conservation office in front of a grocery store, then his tip was lost/misfiled. As a result LE didn’t know his statement existed for more than five years.

Anyway the sketches are no longer significant. All it takes is an expert witness to testify about how sketches are notoriously wrong and the person involved to testify “I wasn’t really certain what I remembered but wanted to help”.

Last edited:

Jmo

I’m thinking RA is not the source for the young guy sketch for two reasons:

—In RA’s statement in 2017 to LE he says he didn’t see anybody else on the trails other than the teenage girls and LE doesn’t mention as follow-up that he had description and needed to be paired with a sketch artist.
—After the young guy sketch came out, the sketch artist said it was made because someone came in and said they had seen something that needed to be reported.

—In RA’s statement in 2017 to LE he says he didn’t see anybody else on the trails other than the teenage girls and LE doesn’t mention as follow-up that he had description and needed to be paired with a sketch artist.
—After the young guy sketch came out, the sketch artist said it was made because someone came in and said they had seen something that needed to be reported.

Typically, I would agree with you.
This is logical.
But we all know that LE has not released a lot to the public. Maybe they really have good reasons for it.

But, I mean, would any of us be super shocked to find out that they have not released everything regarding RA'S so called interview?

I don't know.
There are so many possibilities with the 2 sketches.
Until they (LE) actually sit down and set it all straight once and for all, any possibility exists.

I have always tried to support LE and their work in this case. But it's not easy knowing what we do at this point.

Typically, I would agree with you.
This is logical.
But we all know that LE has not released a lot to the public. Maybe they really have good reasons for it.

But, I mean, would any of us be super shocked to find out that they have not released everything regarding RA'S so called interview?

HaHa, I actually thought about that before I posted!
You are absolutely right.
Using LE in this case as a source for truth is pretty dicey. They not only kept things from us, but mislead us to the edge of lying. I finally thought, as far as the PCA anyway, they had to be truthful under penalty of perjury.

This was the last filing. RA also has 4 motions to quash and 2 petitions. The state still has motions and petitions from 04/20.
Maybe it's just me getting impatient but where is Judge Gull?

05/04/2023Motion to Reconsider
Motion to Reconsider and Request for Due Process Hearing
Filed By: Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp: 05/03/2023

RA, as far as we know, has no history of sexual misconduct right? But it is reported that he didn't wave at other people, he sat on a bench until what? Until Libby and Abby passed him? And then he got up and followed them, with the very specific goal of murdering these two girls. He seemingly was quite prepared to do just that. There is so much that, on the surface, doesn't jive. I hope we do get a trial for a number of reasons.

Yep. All of this. It's hard to shake the feeling that others are involved, but with all this secrecy on the side of LE, it's hard to pinpoint anything. Personally, it's hard for me to imagine any kind of coordination with these folks. While I'm aware there are people who work together to commit crimes against children, none of these perps fits the profile for me. Except maybe KAK. He's tech-savvy, has a sense of operational security (OPSEC) and a bit of hustle to him. The others, I just don't see them coordinating anything. Just exploiting immediate opportunity. I sincerely hope that all will be revealed at trial, if nothing else so that what we've seen and learned makes some sort of sense.

Side tangent -- maybe it's my own paranoia, but the way RA has been cloistered away in secrecy perturbs me. It seems outside the realm of normal behavior. Someone leaning toward the "conspiracy theory" side of things might not be surprised at all if he suddenly wound up dead in his current circumstance. No trial, no grand reveal, just conveniently dead. Which would leave a lot of us wondering if he was just a convenient scapegoat. Just sayin'. Had he been treated the way normal accused people are treated, I might not feel this way. And maybe what they're doing is totally correct, and if he had been treated like the accused he would already be dead, and it's really for his protection. All I know is if I were him, guilty or not, I would be afraid for my life, in a big big way.
I get what you're saying HC. Someone like RA accused of the high profile murders of 2 young girls where emotions have ran so high, there are a lot of prisoners looking for vigilante justice and fame in these cases. I think LE have tried to protect him as well as they possibly can.

I personally believe he is guilty at this point (JMO), so I wonder if he'd rather check out himself than go through (and put his family through) the publicity and intimate horrible details that are sure to emerge during trial. No wonder he's aged 10 years and lost 50 pounds, guilt can eat you alive.

MOO

Now that Richard Allen has been arrested for this crime, do the people who helped provide the sketch descriptions think the person they saw that day was Richard Allen and that back in February 2017 they thought he had curly hair and looked like he could be 18? The people who helped with the sketches have seen a picture of Richard Allen by now. A sketch is not a photograph, but now these people actually have a picture to compare their memory to. What would they say if asked?

Maybe there is some unreleased evidence like blood or DNA from one or both of the girls on Richard Allen's jacket. If that is the case, then this case has been solved no matter the two sketches. I agree that knowing where Richard Allen was between 2:13pm and when he said he left the Monon High Bridge trail area at around 3:30 pm is important too.

But I still think to this day LE has no idea who is depicted in either sketch that was released. Do you think before making a sketch LE asks people simple questions like, "Approximately what time did you see this person on the Monon High Bridge Trail that day?" because my opinion is this:

Someone else was there.

According to LE, via the anthony_shots/KAK 196 page redacted interrogation he was involved with the victims, particularly LG on the day she and AW were murdered. I find that impossible to ignore.
maybe KAK was just a low level garden variety purveyor of *advertiser censored* and RA, who had a lot of repressed urges, swooped in and killed KAK's next intended ... that way they would have been "connected" but not because they were coconspiritors- maybe RA expected that KAK or AS would be blamed...(speculation, IMO)

50 people but between when and when? And that is a dubious number occurring on a week day.

I'm sure most everyone on the trails contacted LE when they put the word out for everyone to do so.
The female adult witness walking the trails from 1:46 to 2:14 only said she saw no other adults on the trail than the man on platform 1 of bridge, she saw Abby and Libby as she left the bridge and they approached the bridge.
We know there was also the exterminator guy somewhere, the flannel shirt guy, the photographer lady and then Derrick at 3:14.
BG was seen by a driver on foot muddy and bloody on the north side of 300 heading toward the old CPS building at 3:45.

I think, we don't know:
at what time the witness saw something
at what location the witness saw something (near trails/near water/near any bridge/near street/near building)
whether the witness already knew about the missing girls, when s/he saw something
whether the witness already knew about the found/deceased girls, when s/he saw something
how the person seen was dressed exactly from head to toe
if any car played a role, when the person was seen (ie standing near a car, entering/leaving a car)
if the person was seen walking (gait!) or standing/sitting still
what the person did exactly - we know: something striking unusual/criminal (would help immense to know that, IMO)
whether the person had at least one animal, ie a dog, in his company (here taking some distance from assuming a possible goat ;) )

Idk, what else could be, that we don't know. In any case, if we would know details, the connection with the young face of the YBG suddenly would be more clear to us, I believe. I guess: we the public shouldn't be able to know more at this time; otherwise the further investigation would be impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cl30092