IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #165

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my personal eXperience volunteering in prison, protecting women and children, by assaulting men guilty of those crimes, especially sexual crimes was very much the normal code. It was done across the board and proudly ….definitely earned brownie points from one’s fellow prisoners.

JMO, but I don’t like this glorification of gladiator-style prison “justice”. JMO JMO etc.

(Prison rape jokes also need to stop. Mass murderer Jesse McFadden, who committed the mass murder just a few months ago, was found to have a record in prison previously for sexually assaulting other inmates. Does *anyone* in prison automatically deserve to be raped?)

I still, perhaps wildly, think this is all going to tie into a CSAM ring involving KAK, JBC, and some thus far unnamed “client.” ‍ Can’t shake it.
You are not alone. Here's why I can't shake the feeling there may be some connection (what that might be I have no clue)...
- The KK interrogation transcript indicates they were hammering KK about details concerning another phone that logged into the A_S account.
- The RA search warrant indicates LE was looking for cell phone(s) tied to a specific number.
- The CO's note shows LE was taking down the ID numbers of cell phones belonging to individuals in the area of the crime that day early on in the case.
- RA is from Mexico, Indiana. KK has a parent and/or grandparents from Mexico, Indiana. Mexico, Indiana had a population of 915 people in 2020. What are the chances these two families haven't crossed paths? Pretty sure RA went to high school with one of KK's uncles in Peru, and was a freshman or sophomore when KK's mother was a Senior I think?
- During the Wabash river search, the roommate KK said had access to his phone in the interrogation, and the person he likely visited the day of the crime (not the grandparents) were both hauled in on unrelated charges in different jurisdictions, and held for a period of time.
- LE has stated that this case is complex and has many tentacles.

Edit...one more thing...I feel like they slow walked KK's case, which kept him conveniently located for LE to talk to him...as opposed to concluding it and having him moved to an IDOC location that might have been farther away and/or more of a pain to access. Not long after the arrest of RA, KK's case seemed to pick up steam and they now seem ready to ship him off to IDOC and out of Miami, Co.

JMO

Last edited:
Maybe this is a dumb question, from someone with very very limited experience the legal system, but when someone is judged as indigent and gets court-appointed lawyers, does he/she ever have to pay back the cost of that defense? Meaning specifically, is there any incentive at all to plead and avoid a trial?
No, not that I'm aware of.

JMO, but I don’t like this glorification of gladiator-style prison “justice”. JMO JMO etc.

(Prison rape jokes also need to stop. Mass murderer Jesse McFadden, who committed the mass murder just a few months ago, was found to have a record in prison previously for sexually assaulting other inmates. Does *anyone* in prison automatically deserve to be raped?)
I have never nor would never make prison 'rape' jokes. No one deserves to be raped period, male, female, young, old, good, bad. That is not a joking matter to me.

However, it is a very real thing that happens in prison among the population both for male and female inmates, and there is definitely a prison hierarchy that has been since the beginning of time. I hate the thought of it. :(

MOO

Maybe this is a dumb question, from someone with very very limited experience the legal system, but when someone is judged as indigent and gets court-appointed lawyers, does he/she ever have to pay back the cost of that defense? Meaning specifically, is there any incentive at all to plead and avoid a trial?
I suspect paying back legal fees is likely not going to be something most folks with court appointed counsel give much weight when deciding whether or not to plea or go to trial. The court does assess court costs and attorney fees to the defendant typically when the case is over. Practically it is likely difficult for Courts to get people to pay that don't want to...throwing people in jail for not paying court fees is generally not a good look for elected officials. If the person goes to jail/prison, and they get a job while in jail/prison, the Courts can normally deduct a certain amount from their wages to pay back those fees before the rest is deposited in their commissary account.

JMO

I have never nor would never make prison 'rape' jokes. No one deserves to be raped period, male, female, young, old, good, bad. That is not a joking matter to me.

However, it is a very real thing that happens in prison among the population both for male and female inmates, and there is definitely a prison hierarchy that has been since the beginning of time. I hate the thought of it. :(

MOO

I think any prison hierarchy has become outdated with the changing times as it seems gang rule has now become commonplace in prisons, as groups are certainly more powerful than any one individual. That would really be no surprise, nothing stays the same.

Therefore gang affiliation and/or rivalry is probably far more what risks violent retaliation in prison these days than the reason for incarceration. But considering organized crime’s involvement in human trafficking and illegal drug trade, both of which harmfully prey upon young people, all of it’s equally despicable IMO.

Hah, that went out the window when his admissions/confessions came to light.
It looks like they kind of had to pick their battles so to speak....kind of hard to argue that your client is suffering from severe mental illness that caused him to make admissions...then turn around and argue that he is totally not a flight risk or danger to himself/others and should be given a lower bond and gps monitoring. Gotta pick one or the other...can't have it both ways.

JMO

It looks like they kind of had to pick their battles so to speak....kind of hard to argue that your client is suffering from severe mental illness that caused him to make admissions...then turn around and argue that he is totally not a flight risk or danger to himself/others and should be given a lower bond and gps monitoring. Gotta pick one or the other...can't have it both ways.

JMO

And harder yet to argue the State lacks sufficient proof of guilt therefore bail should be granted when the defendant has just made five admissions of the crimes charged to his wife.

“…..This portion of the statute allows a defendant to request, by motion, that the court allow a bail in a murder case when the proof is not evident or the presumption is not strong.”

No, but I personally wouldn't put any of my own money on a trial taking place in Jan 2024 (which is what I assume you meant).

I think its more reasonable to expect that if a trial proceeds that it will be more like Apr/ May to Sep 2024 (IMO)

Sorry 2024 your right :D

I hope it is January because it’s already dragged on way to long. The family deserve closure and to begin to rebuild their lives without this hanging over them.

Sorry 2024 your right :D

I hope it is January because it’s already dragged on way to long. The family deserve closure and to begin to rebuild their lives without this hanging over them.
I hope folks don't misunderstand or take what I'm about to say the wrong way...

IMO I don't see how the family of those girls ever gets "closure". Two precious lives were taken away so suddenly, and in such a horrific manner...I don't think it is reasonable to think their loved ones will ever feel a sense of finality...I suspect they simply get better at living with the loss each and every day. If it were me...the State could let me put the needle in my loved one's killer's arm, and it probably wouldn't do much for me...part of my heart would always be gone, and no amount of legal accountability would make it better for me long term.

I do hope they are able to be free of the media circus one day, and that LE are able to give them information regarding any questions they want answers to, that they haven't been able to be privy to thus far.

Lady justice is blind to the emotional needs of the victims and their families...she has to be. She will demand that accountability be handed out fairly and impartially...and that the rights of even the most despicable individual are defended and upheld.

IMO the families have handled the circus and lack of information exceedingly well. IMO they are wise in their patience...I suspect they want the right person held accountable, and I suspect they want to see lots of good evidence (like a jury does). Lord knows there have been enough shady characters investigated through the course of this crime that an unethical group of LE officials probably could have made a fairly convincing case against one or more of them by now (and taken the pressure off of themselves)...but they didn't...IMO LE in this case want the monster that did this held accountable probably more than any other criminal they've pursued in their careers...and just any shady character won't do...it has to be the one that did this.

JMO

The general relief could be greater, if one could better assess the perpetrator RA and understand, why he committed the murders. But as it is, it's just a fact, that LE found the killer and can prove it, nothing more. One must believe it, since one knows nothing else and could prove nothing else. One wonders, but one accepts it with a shrug of the shoulders. If the families feel the same way, they have a hard time digesting everything. So far, both families have managed to stay calm and discreet in the background since 2017 - verrry admirable.

In response to the recent homicide in Maryland at the Ma and Pa Trail (which is a hiking/walking trail that also used to be a railroad I believe...part of the Maryland & Pennsylvania railroad I think) there are no suspect, and law enforcement there have "increased" patrols in the area where the body was found, including LE on ATVs and such....and LE has told the community they, "should be cautious"...because they don't know if this crime was random or not.

The location where this recent crime took place seems similar to Delphi in some ways, but yet the response from LE is very different. This initial LE response regarding Delphi is something that has always been strange to me...I don't recall any increased patrols of the trails after the Delphi crime, and certainly don't recall any statements telling the public to be careful or take added precautions. The most I think that was ever said was something like, know what your kids are doing. In the beginning with Delphi...it's like LE seemed so sure the attack was targeted for some reason...that there was no need for others in the community to exercise more caution than normal.

JMO

In response to the recent homicide in Maryland at the Ma and Pa Trail (which is a hiking/walking trail that also used to be a railroad I believe...part of the Maryland & Pennsylvania railroad I think) there are no suspect, and law enforcement there have "increased" patrols in the area where the body was found, including LE on ATVs and such....and LE has told the community they, "should be cautious"...because they don't know if this crime was random or not.

The location where this recent crime took place seems similar to Delphi in some ways, but yet the response from LE is very different. This initial LE response regarding Delphi is something that has always been strange to me...I don't recall any increased patrols of the trails after the Delphi crime, and certainly don't recall any statements telling the public to be careful or take added precautions. The most I think that was ever said was something like, know what your kids are doing. In the beginning with Delphi...it's like LE seemed so sure the attack was targeted for some reason...that there was no need for others in the community to exercise more caution than normal.

JMO

Good post, and I agree that this remains a puzzling aspect of the case, especially since we know now that RA was, despite the NR officer notes, nowhere on LE's radar at that time.

My guess is that this lack of response was more about managing the risk of a public panic than anything investigative, and it was down to luck or perp reasons / caution/ cowardice that no further crimes occurred.

In other words, I don't think that LE *knew* that this attack was targeted any more than they knew who'd done it. They gambled, and fortunately for the community, won at least that bet.

Good post, and I agree that this remains a puzzling aspect of the case, especially since we know now that RA was, despite the NR officer notes, nowhere on LE's radar at that time.

My guess is that this lack of response was more about managing the risk of a public panic than anything investigative, and it was down to luck or perp reasons / caution/ cowardice that no further crimes occurred.

In other words, I don't think that LE *knew* that this attack was targeted any more than they knew who'd done it. They gambled, and fortunately for the community, won at least that bet.

Totally agree with this - it was managing the risk of public panic mixed with a hint of hubris that "things like this don't happen here" and the person responsible would be discovered within a day or two, IMO.

Totally agree with this - it was managing the risk of public panic mixed with a hint of hubris that "things like this don't happen here" and the person responsible would be discovered within a day or two, IMO.
When in 2019 LE changed direction in their investigation, they had a new face - young BG - in their view, between 18 and 40, younger looking, etc. and probably they finally lost track of someone like RA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lawdaughter222