IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #166

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, what? The murders happened at the crime scene, so if there is no DNA there, where do you think DNA would be that actually links him or anybody else to the murders?
I can imagine all sorts of evidence in places not mentioned; his car, his home or shed where search warrants were executed, his devices collected by police (there were many, but only one seemed to have been mentioned in the Franks Motion). Maybe the water bottle taken by LE in the search warrant at RA’s home was one the girls carried? Just because it’s not at the scene where the crimes took place doesn’t mean none exists.

mm 20:50

BMcD recently talked about what her sources said about the bullet. She has not heard any definitive theory from her sources that the bullet did come from the suspect, and one speculation was it even came from LE.

Delphi Murders: Illustrations Detail Defense Claims About Crime Scene
I like BM, she's down well following this case IMO. What I gleaned from her comment on the bullet, she hasn't heard anything definitive about the bullet. The speculation it comes from LE is because it's the same caliber nothing else was said.

The State did extensive extraction tool mark testing against that recovered bullet. I know it's a debatable science, but I believe it will come into court and both set of experts will fight out who is more reliable and believable.

What I do find weird is that LE seized a single bullet of the same brand and caliber in RA's home in a keepsake box (from the SW).

JMO

A new Murder Sheet podcast is up. Todd Click's statements are clarified in the first 5 minutes.

The gag order is in place to protect victims and their families, to protect any loose end investigations going on, and to prevent the case from being tried by the public instead of the jury.
The defense motion violates all of that. All of it. They have law degrees, they know what a gag order is. There is no way the defense did this through ignorance. It was a deliberate ploy.
And they knew it would work, 1) because,of course, killer pagan people are involved. Who doesn’t want to hear those gory details; and 2) because this court moves like a snail over molasses guaranteeing that the motion will get maximum exposure before Judge Rip Van Winkle Gull gets around to dealing with the memo and the bad boy defense attorneys.
So the defense gets to stir things up, attempt to skew public opinion, horrify everyone with wild speculation and half-truths, and make folks forget maybe that RA confessed multiple times. “Don’t look at the confessions please, look here as we spin a tale of godless cults killing young girls”. Also, the motion is still out there. The link I saved when it first came out still works.
What will probably happen? Two months from now the judge will rule against the defense. She will censure, sanction, and fine the defense for violating the gag order.
And the defense will smile quietly to themselves.

A new Murder Sheet podcast is up. Todd Click's statements are clarified in the first 5 minutes.

Funny how TC is saying he doesn't believe it was a ritualized killing and that the Defense sensationalized it.

He also states that he has no knowledge of the details regarding allegations against the correctional officers of DOC and Sheriff TL.

JMO

The gag order is in place to protect victims and their families, to protect any loose end investigations going on, and to prevent the case from being tried by the public instead of the jury.
The defense motion violates all of that. All of it. They have law degrees, they know what a gag order is. There is no way the defense did this through ignorance. It was a deliberate ploy.
And they knew it would work, 1) because,of course, killer pagan people are involved. Who doesn’t want to hear those gory details; and 2) because this court moves like a snail over molasses guaranteeing that the motion will get maximum exposure before Judge Rip Van Winkle Gull gets around to dealing with the memo and the bad boy defense attorneys.
So the defense gets to stir things up, attempt to skew public opinion, horrify everyone with wild speculation and half-truths, and make folks forget maybe that RA confessed multiple times. “Don’t look at the confessions please, look here as we spin a tale of godless cults killing young girls”. Also, the motion is still out there. The link I saved when it first came out still works.
What will probably happen? Two months from now the judge will rule against the defense. She will censure, sanction, and fine the defense for violating the gag order.
And the defense will smile quietly to themselves.
The new Murder Sheet addresses the gag order. According to KG, the memorandum is a judicial filing and is not affected by the gag order. 8mm

Funny how TC is saying he doesn't believe it was a ritualized killing and that the Defense sensationalized it.

He also states that he has no knowledge of the details regarding allegations against the correctional officers of DOC and Sheriff TL.

JMO
Correct about the killing but said he's still interested.
He said they also seemed to put his team on a pedestal, saying they were just doing their job.

I don't want to take over your summary, I'll let you tell the rest.

Correct about the killing but said he's still interested.
He said they also seemed to put his team on a pedestal, saying they were just doing their job.

I don't want to take over your summary, I'll let you tell the rest.
Agree, but I think he's taking a small step back from the sensationalized and graphic nature of the Memo.

JMO

@Niner New filings
09/25/2023Response Filed
State's Response to Defendant's Motion for Broadcasting Order.
Filed By: State of Indiana
09/25/2023Objection Filed
State's 2nd Objection to Defendant's Motion to Suppress.
09/25/2023Request for Subpoena Duces Tecum Filed
State's Motion for Leave of Court to Subpoena Third-Party Records.
09/25/2023Request for Subpoena Duces Tecum Filed
State's Motion for Leave of Court to Subpoena Third-Party Records.
09/25/2023Petition Filed
State files Verified Request to Prohibit Public Access to a Court Record.
09/25/2023Motion Filed
Motion for All Future Pleadings and Filings to be Sealed for the Court's Review Before Being Released to the Public.

Listening to MS. According to Greenlee prior to any trial, the prosecution will have the opportunity to respond to the issues raised by the memorandum as that’s outside the gag order. Because of the significance of issues raised, good chance a Frank’s Hearing will be held, hopefully won’t be sealed (but according to a petition filed today, looking like it might be?)

Well we know for a fact Libby was in Grey tracksuit bottoms so if Abby was in jeans they were her own.

So here is one huge factually wrong assertion from the memorandum to support Franks Motion:

"Abby was not found at the base of a tree. Abby was fully clothed. In fact, Abby was dressed
in Libby’s sweatshirt and jeans. No blood appeared on Abby’s clothing, meaning that she was
likely murdered while naked and then dressed by the murderers after she expired "

Even if it isn’t subtle, why did he perceive it as a threat? If I saw that prior to having read the doc by the defence last week, it would have held no significance to me. None. RA alleges they’re threatening him and his family — I’m not sure I buy this as having happened (him alleging it or it happening at all). If he was really afraid of the Odins, he wouldn’t tell lawyers knowing that he has to literally be stuck with them as guards. Telling the lawyers would not have made him any safer and now their statements have possibly placed RA at greater risk.

If the Odin guards threatened him, he prob would have kept his mouth shut, no? So why didn’t he keep his mouth shut?

I suspect he had to cough up a reason as to why he confessed to his lawyers, OR his lawyers had to explain that somehow and this is the route they chose.
The question was how did RA even know what those patches meant?

JMO

Yes it appears to me he‘s strongly disagreeing with the defence on the point of a ritualized killing occurring, not about the weakness of the investigation which defence stated.

So here is one huge factually wrong assertion from the memorandum to support Franks Motion:

"Abby was not found at the base of a tree. Abby was fully clothed. In fact, Abby was dressed
in Libby’s sweatshirt and jeans. No blood appeared on Abby’s clothing, meaning that she was
likely murdered while naked and then dressed by the murderers after she expired "

The problem is Libby was not wearing jeans that day. Her sister drove them to the bridge and she saw what her sister wore. Even in the missing persons report states

“Libby is described as 5’4″ with a heavy build, shoulder-length blonde hair and blue eyes. She was wearing a tie-dyed shirt that is fringed at the bottom, gray sweatpants with unknown black lettering and black Nike shoes.”

Abby wore Blue jeans that day so if she was found in jeans they had to have been hers.

I like BM, she's down well following this case IMO. What I gleaned from her comment on the bullet, she hasn't heard anything definitive about the bullet. The speculation it comes from LE is because it's the same caliber nothing else was said.

The State did extensive extraction tool mark testing against that recovered bullet. I know it's a debatable science, but I believe it will come into court and both set of experts will fight out who is more reliable and believable.

What I do find weird is that LE seized a single bullet of the same brand and caliber in RA's home in a keepsake box (from the SW).

JMO

But a knife crime and a bullet make no sense...

BTW, I found an article I bought and downloaded - about the amount of blood in knife crimes and possible admixtures of the killers' blood. I can scan it but how do I post it here so that it is not connected to my cloud? If it can't be done, maybe I can repost pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member