IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #168

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO He can get a fair trial. The jury will listen to and weigh what is presented in court.

I think juiries understand the court of media is all over the place and has entirely different motivations than seeking justice.
And, believe it or not, there are people who do not pay attention to true crime, even if it's a big news story in their area. Even people who know of this crime are not following details years later and forgot or never knew the original story very well anyway. I think a jury can be found.

jmo

Thank you. Have you ever seen this one? I'm really curious what the judge's reason was.

11/03/2022Order Issued
Order of Recusal and Certification to the Indiana Supreme Court for Selection of a Special Judge Outside of Carroll County entered, per form. (copy to Indiana Supreme Court)
Judicial Officer: Diener, Benjamin A.
Noticed: McLeland, Nicholas Charles
Noticed: Allen, Richard M.
Order Signed: 11/03/2022

No, I can look around but if it wasn't in the big doc dump it may be sealed also. I have switched laptops since then and didn't transfer anything but I can fire up the old slow dinosaur and look!

First the memo, then the leak, I think you're right. I think this all started with RA started confessing to his wife & mom.

I think the defense should have walked away when RA confessed and now I really wonder why they didn't.
Right? Were they threatened? If so, by whom? Why? Did they uncover something massive??

I will add - something odd has happened here. Take a step back and consider how it is that an attorney has resigned from defending without it going through court procedure…

Judge Gull looked unprepared and a little taken aback, but she said something with significance I don’t yet fully understand when she said ‘this was outside of their control..’. Who is ‘their’ in this instance?

There’s more to this.

I just listened to it again and the judge says, while apologizing to the prosecution which had come prepared today, and the people in attendance

“…clearly this is outside of OUR control…”

No, I can look around but if it wasn't in the big doc dump it may be sealed also. I have switched laptops since then and didn't transfer anything but I can fire up the old slow dinosaur and look!
I didn't see it in the doc dump so I assume it was sealed.
Don't go through all the bother unless you really want to.

This is just my personal take, but I don't think there's anything to be gleaned from today's three minute court appearance. To me it seemed nothing more than a judge having to come into a courtroom filled with victim families, defendant families, the press, the prosecuting attorneys and their witnesses, after all the motions and orders and leaks and mess, and relaying the message that the hearing wasn't going to happen due to the sudden withdrawal of the D team. Like so many other things in this case, it's devastating.

Last edited:
Right? Were they threatened? If so, by whom? Why? Did they uncover something massive??
??? I am confused, are you suggesting that someone behind something massive they discovered threatened them (like roving prison guard ritual sacrificing of young girls Odinists) if they didn't quit defending RA?

Quite frankly, I believe they quit because they look extremely unprofessional in light of the these repeated leaks and their memo that reads like fan fiction.

??? I am confused, are you suggesting that someone behind something massive they discovered threatened them (like roving prison guard ritual sacrificing of young girls Odinists) if they didn't quit defending RA?

Quite frankly, I believe they quit because they look extremely unprofessional in light of the these repeated leaks and their memo that reads like fan fiction.

100% this and the crime scene photo leak was the final nail in the coffin. Just absolutely disgusting such photos got leaked from the defenses office.

I am confident that a fair jury can be found. I am here everyday so that would exclude me of course but my husband has no idea what has been happening so I’m sure he we would not be bias and I would guess that a vast majority of people here in Indiana would be like him. This is huge to us here at WS and although it is an important case I am sure most perspective jurors may know that there was a terrible murder but they would not know of the details. JMHO

Memorandum of possible disqualification or sanctions - Filed 10/19/2023 10:07AM by Attorney Hennessy (Baldwin’s attorney)

p. 1

“Continuity of counsel is critical for adequate representation. Article 1 Section 12 of the Indiana Constitution must also be given consideration. Mr. Allen has developed a strong and trusting bond with Mr. Baldwin. Disqualification of either of his court appointed attorneys would greatly prejudice his right to counsel and a timely trial.”

p. 2

“Disqualification of counsel is an extreme remedy for any alleged or perceived violation of a court’s order. Most if not all cases concerning disqualification of counsel involve conflicts of interest. There is no case allowing disqualification when an individual not part of the attorney’s office or staff surreptitiously purloins information from the attorney and disseminates it without permission or the attorney’s knowledge.
Furthermore, any sanction first requires proof of knowing, willful or intentional conduct, as do the rules of Professional Conduct. Here the attorney’s trust and office were violated without his knowledge.

Attachments

• IMG_1877.jpeg
    IMG_1877.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1878.jpeg
    IMG_1878.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 5
I am confident that a fair jury can be found. I am here everyday so that would exclude me of course but my husband has no idea what has been happening so I’m sure he we would not be bias and I would guess that a vast majority of people here in Indiana would be like him. This is huge to us here at WS and although it is an important case I am sure most perspective jurors may know that there was a terrible murder but they would not know of the details. JMHO

I agree and same about husband! My sister lives in Allen Co. but doesn't follow true crime like me. I will be floored if she is on the jury!

This is just my personal take, but I don't think there's anything to be gleaned from today's three minute court appearance. To me it seemed nothing more than a judge having to come into a courtroom filled with victim families, defendant families, the press, the prosecuting attorneys and their witnesses, after all the motions and orders and leaks and mess, and relaying the message that the hearing wasn't going to happen due to the sudden withdrawal of the D team. Like so many other things in this case, it's devastating.
It makes me a bit sick after the comment about alleged corruption within the P, recently made (within the past week) by a POI in the D memo, who I didn’t really take seriously at the time. JMO it makes me uncomfortable. Something feels off.

Memorandum of possible disqualification or sanctions - Filed 10/19/2023 10:07AM by Attorney Hennessy (Baldwin’s attorney)

p. 1

“Continuity of counsel is critical for adequate representation. Article 1 Section 12 of the Indiana Constitution must also be given consideration. Mr. Allen has developed a strong and trusting bond with Mr. Baldwin. Disqualification of either of his court appointed attorneys would greatly prejudice his right to counsel and a timely trial.”

p. 2

“Disqualification of counsel is an extreme remedy for any alleged or perceived violation of a court’s order. Most if not all cases concerning disqualification of counsel involve conflicts of interest. There is no case allowing disqualification when an individual not part of the attorney’s office or staff surreptitiously purloins information from the attorney and disseminates it without permission or the attorney’s knowledge.
Furthermore, any sanction first requires proof of knowing, willful or intentional conduct, as do the rules of Professional Conduct. Here the attorney’s trust and office were violated without his knowledge.
Mr. Baldwin's attorney was prepared to vigorously defend him against sanctions and dismissal. (Dismissal wasn't really a good bet IMO anyway)

So what the heck changed or happened to make Baldwin quit? I suspect he realized he was out of his depth, had a stinker of a client who repeatedly confessed to the crime on audio tape to several persons, and then the criticism of his Odinism memo/motion/mess and now this leaking from his office. I think he simply threw in the towel because things just kept getting harder and harder at each turn.

Mr. Baldwin's attorney was prepared to vigorously defend him against sanctions and dismissal. (Dismissal wasn't really a good bet IMO anyway)

So what the heck changed or happened to make Baldwin quit? I suspect he realized he was out of his depth, had a stinker of a client who repeatedly confessed to the crime on audio tape to several persons, and then the criticism of his Odinism memo/motion/mess and now this leaking from his office. I think he simply threw in the towel because things just kept getting harder and harder at each turn.
If the defense was court appointed, they work for the state, just like the prosecution. Are their offices in close proximity?

I can’t help but think of the POI in the D memo saying he gave a polygraph twice and passed and submitted his DNA, but was under the impression the D knew this information and put it in the memo anyways. Maybe they did. Maybe it was like other lost information/evidence brought up in the D memo. Idk. JMO.

I've also wondered if the reason the literally waited until the last moment was because they convinced to him to plead guilty, he was set to do today, and at the last minute, he changed his mind. Just pure speculation on my part.

I actually agree, even with a BA in Criminal Justice no longer share my true crime interests with family and friends as they now think it’s a morbid obsession.

I've also wondered if the reason the literally waited until the last moment was because they convinced to him to plead guilty, he was set to do today, and at the last minute, he changed his mind. Just pure speculation on my part.
I'm wondering if the lawyer was presented with possible disbarment? Would that be a punishment for something like this? IDK. When someone's livelihood is on the line, quick decisions can happen. Speculation only.

jmo

I am not one to jump on conspiracy theories at all, but I do believe we will discover something else is going on. The sudden withdrawal, paired with the alleged suicide of one involved in the leaking, makes me suspicious, I just can't speculate without sounding like a lunatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces