IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #171

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I added a link in this post here:

I don’t dispute that, I think it would be a tight timeline even with their compliance.
It's absolutely a tight timeline, I totally agree. But I do think it's doable.

There were a lot of first responders, family members and neighbours that continued to search through the night. And then more searchers started at daylight. So I think it would have been hard to keep the girls alive anywhere nearby and attempt to bring them back, dead or alive, and stage the scene, right there in the middle of the area being heavily searched. JMO

Timeline begins at 2:17 with L's phone filming BG. LE says crime took 1 hour 17 minutes. 3:34pm Seen walking at 3:47pm Is that right?

PCA says the bodies were “moved and staged” and that “a large amount of blood was lost by the victims at the crime scene.

We don't know the location the bodies were moved from.

<modsnip: video is not of RA, despite the source’s caption>

Last edited by a moderator:
Murder convictions resulting out of a fair process are difficult to successfully appeal.
Rozzi and Baldwin have already far exceeded the definition of "competent counsel". They EACH have more than 20 years successful defense practice - no claims or discipline. They're the definition of competent.

IMO reinstating RA's preferred counsel would protect the verdict. Tossing out R & B as Gull has done here - without fair process opens to door for a successful appeal of a guilty verdict.

I recommend reviewing the SCION briefs which detail Gull's failures to oversee this case (including the gag breaches) through a timely, fair and rules-compliant process. Overseeing this case and each mini-decision fairly ... is the Judge's ONLY role here.

MOO
I would argue that allowing CS photos to be seen by a random “friend”, and in a separate event accidentally emailing someone a list of discovery items is the definition of incompetent. IMO.
I’m a physician. In my field that would be equivalent to operating on the wrong patient. MOO.

Do you remember the series Dexter? Do you remember his brother?

Having said that, I’m not suggesting that is what happened to either of the girls, but there is no evidence thus far that I know of that says it didn’t either. We just don’t know.

Just curious as I haven’t followed this case consistently, but were the death certificates with cause of death released publicly?
Hi @susiQ. Good to see you in here. They weren’t released publicly. There are some alleged copies to be found on social media, but they look bogus to me.

Are you talking about her argument that it's moot? Yes, as soon as she asked for the extension it was expected she would use the time to try to clean up the docket as much as possible because if she has done what the writ has asked, there is arguably no justiciable issue and the court would have to dismiss as moot. So asking for the time and seeing the docket grow we kinda knew she was doing this to aim for a dismissal. She does not want to be reprimanded by the state's highest court and compelled by them to do her job. Who would want that on their record. But, had that case never been filed, there would have been no change, and the record for appeal would have been destroyed for this defendant. This is only my personal opinion, but it was pretty obvious imo.

Look at Rule 5(A)

jmo

Agree with all this.

This is the law working as it should.

However I also agree with Gull that the RA doesn't particularly have an argument as regards his substantive issue here. His lawyers have always had access to the everything, except during the short interregnum, and he never complained about any prejudice.

IMO this is more of a public transparency issue, and an issue for Rozzi and Baldwin. Especially the duo are the correct complainant. It was them that did not have a recorded, reasoned decision they could appeal.

That illustrates the conflict between them and RA IMO. There interests are not necessarily aligned.

“The special judge assigned to the Delphi murders investigation has responded to the Indiana Supreme Court and said that Richard Allen’s claim of not having access to all documents related to the case has no merit and that he has not been hindered in any way from accessing them.”
He never said that he couldn’t access them.

Previously, the original attorneys for Richard Allen — Andrew Baldwin and Bradley Rozzi — filed several motions with the Indiana Supreme Court after they were removed from the murder case by Gull in the aftermath of an evidence leak”
These weren’t filed by B&R.

Ugh, is it really that hard to write an accurate article?

Office of the Attorney General has popped into the second action to ask if the AG is also required to file before Nov 27 if they want to oppose the writ
11/17/2023Appearance by Deputy AG
Certificate of Service- Electronically Served 11/16/23
DAG:
Sanchez, Angela
DAG:
Kobe, Andrew Anton
Party:
State of Indiana
File Stamp:
11/16/2023
11/17/2023Motion to Clarify
(Deadline for Response by State of Indiana) Certificate of Service- Electronically Served 11/16/23
Attorney:
Sanchez, Angela
Attorney:
Kobe, Andrew Anton
Party:
State of Indiana
File Stamp:
11/16/2023
IMG_0902.jpegIMG_0903.jpegIMG_0904.jpeg

“The special judge assigned to the Delphi murders investigation has responded to the Indiana Supreme Court and said that Richard Allen’s claim of not having access to all documents related to the case has no merit and that he has not been hindered in any way from accessing them.”
He never said that he couldn’t access them.

Previously, the original attorneys for Richard Allen — Andrew Baldwin and Bradley Rozzi — filed several motions with the Indiana Supreme Court after they were removed from the murder case by Gull in the aftermath of an evidence leak”
These weren’t filed by B&R.

Ugh, is it really that hard to write an accurate article?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper